News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Walking with Dinosaurs Ornithocheirus for sale

Started by DinoToyForum, April 08, 2014, 07:41:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

postsaurischian

Quote from: Ikessauro on April 09, 2014, 05:48:49 PM
Quote from: Simon on April 09, 2014, 04:13:22 PM
First off, when this auction was posted, my identity as the seller was unknown to anyone around here but - well, I guess the Admin.  (The late Chris Knaak was one person who knew who I was from the beginning - I really enjoyed my private conversations with him - I really do miss his input on the DTF).

I knew who you were too! Haha, I found out when we dealt some models a while back, .......

to Simon:
Some more members (from whom you bought things) knew as well ;).
And some of them thought the Admin should also know because the DTF is his baby and it doesn't serve him right to get pranked.
The same is true for all other forum members.

I admit I was a bit angry seeing you selling the Favorite Saurolophus I got for you for twice as much on eBay.
You know I could have earned a few hundred Dollars with the stuff I ordered in Japan (I'm very aware of that, don't think I'm stupid!), but I decided to help other forum members with the Favorite figures instead. Experiences like this do not spur me on to keep on doing those activities :-\.

BTW.: I think you will never sell the Ornithocheirus for that price.
If rich people collect rubber toy Dinosaurs, they're collecting Battat, not Toyway.

Simon

Well, I understand where you are coming from Postsaurichian, but believe me it was not my intention to re-sell it when I got it from you.....any more than it was my intention to resell all my Battats and everything else when I first got them....but life brings changes and once I decided to stop collecting dinosaur toys, what would you have had me do with it?  At least this way someone else who wanted it got their chance ...

stoneage

Quote from: Simon on April 09, 2014, 08:07:29 AM
*EGAD*  I've been unmasked. 

And a full 5 years after I retired that character, too.  O:-)

OK Adam - just one question - who ratted me out?  *LOL*   :o :o :o

Your Al Jolson!  Yes, i've done business with you recently.  Good to see you around.

Simon

Well I may or may not be Jolie's biggest fan, but I do love his music more than anything else (family excluded of course).  Glad someone recognized the avatar....

stoneage

Quote from: Simon on April 10, 2014, 12:44:02 AM
Well I may or may not be Jolie's biggest fan, but I do love his music more than anything else (family excluded of course).  Glad someone recognized the avatar....

You may not remember, but not too long before your ban we discussed Al Jolson. I collected his recordings.

brontodocus

Quote from: Simon on April 09, 2014, 08:07:29 AM
OK Adam - just one question - who ratted me out?  *LOL*   :o :o :o
I did. I joined the DTF v.1 in February 2010. And I would have joined earlier but shortly before I had to read things that really kept me from doing so. Still it was not an easy decision for me to report that you and your alter ego are the same person and I kept it secret for about a year. But with your repeated comments on Bucketfoot-Al's auctions and properties you've been fooling the entire community. Well, almost, I see several others knew about your identity, too.

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

Simon

No worries Brontodocus - you did the right thing.  I would have done the same in your position. 

My thanks to Admin to giving me another chance.  Even though I am out of the toy collecting business, I will still enjoy reading this forum, and perhaps chiming in from time to time.  As far as my past auctions, yes, I would occasionally link to one, but that's just advertising - no harm there.

P.S.  You weren't the only one to "smell a rat" around here as you can see. ;D

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Simon on April 10, 2014, 03:50:21 PM
My thanks to Admin to giving me another chance.

The moderators and me are still deciding what should be done about this.

Simon

amargasaurus cazaui

I kept looking at this thinking what a tangled web.....when I consider it I doubt the admins have much resort except to issue another ban. Otherwise everyone will do as they wish..or perhaps they already are in this case. On the other hand were you to reban, likely in a week or two we would gain a new member, and another round of this would ensue. At least for the moment we seem to know who is who.....
   On the other hand just suppose.....since he is selling off his collection anyways......if he were to donate a moderate to medium level figure, model or dinosaur to the forum. The admins could then open a thread, auction the dinosaur off to all interested, with proceeds then being donated to a cause that battles cancer, in memory of our lost friend Radman. A good cause would be served, a punishment of forms rendered and all sides would be able to call it a victory perhaps. He could choose whichever name he wants to be known by and legimately attend the forum again.
  The thread itself could be locked all year till the anniversary of radmans passing, when we could unlock it for a week, members could auction their dinosaurs and figures with the understanding the funds would be given to the same cause , battling cancer, on behalf of or in memory of radman.
Everyone wins, everyone is happy and noone has to lose.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on April 11, 2014, 02:58:36 AM
I kept looking at this thinking what a tangled web.....when I consider it I doubt the admins have much resort except to issue another ban. Otherwise everyone will do as they wish..or perhaps they already are in this case. On the other hand were you to reban, likely in a week or two we would gain a new member, and another round of this would ensue. At least for the moment we seem to know who is who.....
   On the other hand just suppose.....since he is selling off his collection anyways......if he were to donate a moderate to medium level figure, model or dinosaur to the forum. The admins could then open a thread, auction the dinosaur off to all interested, with proceeds then being donated to a cause that battles cancer, in memory of our lost friend Radman. A good cause would be served, a punishment of forms rendered and all sides would be able to call it a victory perhaps. He could choose whichever name he wants to be known by and legimately attend the forum again.
  The thread itself could be locked all year till the anniversary of radmans passing, when we could unlock it for a week, members could auction their dinosaurs and figures with the understanding the funds would be given to the same cause , battling cancer, on behalf of or in memory of radman.
Everyone wins, everyone is happy and noone has to lose.
I also have had communications with Simon on this matter and he is agreeable, and would particpate for his part. It would be neat if this could actually turn into something positive the forum could do in honor of Radman.  Over the time I have been here I have had my differences and disagreements with Simon myself, so I was suprised he chose to message and back this suggestion of mine, however he agrees it is a great cause and would be a solid resoloution provided all involved find it acceptable. I will quote his comment  directly....." the idea of donating to a good cause - ban or no ban - in Chris' memory is a good one that I can support."   
I will leave it at that admins, your choice. Just gives you a few more options perhaps. I will say if Simon kicks in a figure for this cause, I will give something myself to endorse this idea.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

EmperorDinobot

tyrantqueen

CityRaptor

Well, back on the original Topic: Someone actually brought it!
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Zhuchengotyrant

-Zhuchengotyrant

Ikessauro

It seems like Simon removed the reserve price, that's why. Only one bid, as I supposed would happen. I can't lie, I would have bid on it if I had the cash to spare and I knew there was no reserve price on it. If the auction end was only closer the day I get my paycheck... :'( Now we all know how much it goes for, $499.00 bucks.

Zhuchengotyrant

I wish I got it, too. But the price was to high! :-\
-Zhuchengotyrant

Roselaar

Do we happen to know the winner? Not someone from these boards by any chance?

CityRaptor

Not unless that one decides to reveal himself/herself, given that eBay does not tell other who won.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Ikessauro

Quote from: CityRaptor on April 15, 2014, 10:54:25 PM
Not unless that one decides to reveal himself/herself, given that eBay does not tell other who won.

I hope the buyer reveal himself/herself too, because it would be a shame if such a model went to a collector who doesn't even share his collection with others, it's like if it vanishes from the Earth... :P ;D

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: