News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Walking with Dinosaurs Ornithocheirus for sale

Started by DinoToyForum, April 08, 2014, 07:41:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UK

Quote from: Ikessauro on April 16, 2014, 04:51:44 PM
Quote from: CityRaptor on April 15, 2014, 10:54:25 PM
Not unless that one decides to reveal himself/herself, given that eBay does not tell other who won.

I hope the buyer reveal himself/herself too, because it would be a shame if such a model went to a collector who doesn't even share his collection with others, it's like if it vanishes from the Earth... :P ;D

Who's to say that they are even aware of the forum? Some of the major collectors in the states I know of aren't. What we do know is that whoever bought it will look after it as it was quite an investment.

The good thing is we know it exists and have a clearer picture on what to search for ... ::)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Simon said to let it be known it was a forum member that purchased  it. Should they decide to step forward it's their business.

SBell

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 17, 2014, 01:56:14 AM
Simon said to let it be known it was a forum member that purchased  it. Should they decide to step forward it's their business.

I don't know for sure.

But if I had to guess (I don't of course) I would guess that deanm would have--or at least should have--gotten his wife's permission to pass on the next few years of birthdays and holidays. He has always focused mainly on pterosaurs, and that would have been a big one for him.

deanm

Sorry guys/gals/others - twas not myself. 

I love the figure but am focused on some other things right now that also require my money (Daddy wants a new paintball marker amongst other things...)

:) My "Congrats" to the member who bought it  :)

EmperorDinobot

I'm sorry to say that I actually feel kind of sorry for whoever bought it.

But alas, the hunt goes on.

Chad

Here he is in his new home,  terrorizing the skies of Manhattan as the New Yorkers below pretend not to notice, as is only proper.

UK

Libraraptor

Quote from: Chad on April 22, 2014, 01:12:19 PM
Here he is in his new home,  terrorizing the skies of Manhattan as the New Yorkers below pretend not to notice, as is only proper.

Congratulations to availing the Holy Grail :) Hope it didn´t topple over from that balustrade during the shooting :( ^-^

Blade-of-the-Moon

Chad

Thanks guys! No pterosaurs were harmed in the taking of that picture. (You can't see it because of the angle, but there's a roof on the other side of that steel railing. I'm not crazy!)

DinoToyForum

sauroid

congrats, but you exposed it to strong sunlight  :o
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Roselaar

You scored it, Chad? Good for you! Nice to know it's still in the DTF's 'sphere of influence'. ;) It would have been a shame if it dropped off the radar for good.

SBell

Quote from: Libraraptor on April 22, 2014, 02:36:33 PM
Quote from: Chad on April 22, 2014, 01:12:19 PM

Congratulations to availing the Holy Grail :) Hope it didn´t topple over from that balustrade during the shooting :( ^-^

I was thinking the same thing. Although it was originally part of a lot of random dinos when Simon bought it, so I doubt it has always been handled with care.

Jetoar

Congrats for you new amazing acquisition  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Chad

Again, thanks for all the kind words. This fella will have a good home. I just need to figure out how to display him properly now. I'm still a little shocked to have it!

As for the provenance of the piece...Simon asked me to pass along that he bought the ornitho originally as a single piece in its original packaging and not in a lot. Any chance he can get a temporary reprieve on his ban so he can chime in himself on this? He can disclose details on the subject with much more authority than I can.

SBell

Quote from: Chad on April 23, 2014, 12:31:20 PM
Again, thanks for all the kind words. This fella will have a good home. I just need to figure out how to display him properly now. I'm still a little shocked to have it!

As for the provenance of the piece...Simon asked me to pass along that he bought the ornitho originally as a single piece in its original packaging and not in a lot. Any chance he can get a temporary reprieve on his ban so he can chime in himself on this? He can disclose details on the subject with much more authority than I can.

Huh. I must be mis-remembering the story.

Takama

Hi everyone

Since this is a very rare item, and pictures of it are scarce I used Bucketfoots Pictures for the Animal Toy Wikis entry on this model.

http://toyanimal.info//index.php?title=Toyway_WWD_Ornithocheirus

Do you all think this is ok Or should I take it down?

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Takama on May 07, 2014, 06:43:47 AM
Hi everyone

Since this is a very rare item, and pictures of it are scarce I used Bucketfoots Pictures for the Animal Toy Wikis entry on this model.

To be sure you'll need permission from the photographer.  :)

tyrantqueen

Quote from: dinotoyforum on May 07, 2014, 08:18:05 AM
Quote from: Takama on May 07, 2014, 06:43:47 AM
Hi everyone

To be sure you'll need permission from the photographer.  :)
You should give credit to him as well.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: