News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

American English

Started by Horridus, April 03, 2012, 08:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loon

Quote from: stargatedalek on November 10, 2020, 03:00:28 AM
Quote from: Stolpergeist on November 10, 2020, 02:37:42 AM
I feel like she would hate me so I guess I joined the forum at the right time.
I recall her claiming I was an Isis member once. As genuinely humorous as that was, and as much as I definitely fell for the baiting and made things worse, it is a relief how much this place has improved in the past few years.

She called me and another member, can't remember who, Isis sympathizers at some point, so I can relate.

Quote from: Stolpergeist on November 10, 2020, 03:38:23 AM
Jetoar is very active on Youtube, probably just busy running the Paleocreatures business.
Also I think Newt was just joking.

As far as I can tell, Jetoar is taking a break. Dan's Dinosaurs has his products shipped directly from him, and they're all unlisted. Also, I think Newt was joking too. Though "American" being a language is an idea so dumb, I don't put it past us.

Newt

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on November 10, 2020, 03:35:46 AM
He has a discord he uses now

Good to know. Now if only I understood what a Discord is.

(Please don't explain. I am comfortable in my ignorance of what the kids are doing these days).

QuoteAnd I don't think so, English is English.

Americans, Scottish and Australians and plenty of other nationalities speak the same language just different accents and some words may be used differently it's just that. The same goes with all of Latino America and Spain with spanish as a whole.

Abe Lincoln didn't lead the Rough Riders up Beacon Hill to fight Rommel and his Hessians just so we could keep speaking English, as though we were no better than One Direction members or David Beckham! I demand recognition of Americanese as its own, like, totally awesome language and stuff!  >:(

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: Newt on November 10, 2020, 03:49:57 AM

(Please don't explain. I am comfortable in my ignorance of what the kids are doing these days).

Americans, Scottish and Australians and plenty of other nationalities speak the same language just different accents and some words may be used differently it's just that. The same goes with all of Latino America and Spain with spanish as a whole.

Abe Lincoln didn't lead the Rough Riders up Beacon Hill to fight Rommel and his Hessians just so we could keep speaking English, as though we were no better than One Direction members or David Beckham! I demand recognition of Americanese as its own, like, totally awesome language and stuff!  >:(

Never!

And nah it's just Jetoar's own community think just people texting each other about whatever a channel they're in is about haha.

It's mostly in Spanish which limits it a bit but since it's my mother tongue I just chat in there for any updates mainly lol

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: Stolpergeist on November 10, 2020, 03:38:23 AM
Jetoar is very active on Youtube, probably just busy running the Paleocreatures business.
Also I think Newt was just joking.

I fail to see the jokes through text sometimes it's definitely something I sometimes struggle with lol

He's extremely active on his Discord as well so there's that.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Newt on November 10, 2020, 03:49:57 AM

Im just 13 and im already starting to feel like a confused grandpa these days  ;D :) ::) :-\ :(

Newt

Quote from: Stegotyranno on November 10, 2020, 04:00:46 AM
Im just 13 and im already starting to feel like a confused grandpa these days  ;D :) ::) :-\ :(

I'm three times your age, imagine how I feel! I remember the world before smart phones (or even mobile phones), the world wide web, and autotune. Those were better times...well, except for all the bad stuff, but let's not talk about that.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Newt on November 10, 2020, 04:10:07 AM
Quote from: Stegotyranno on November 10, 2020, 04:00:46 AM

I'm three times your age, imagine how I feel! I remember the world before smart phones (or even mobile phones), the world wide web, and autotune. Those were better times...well, except for all the bad stuff, but let's not talk about that.
Technology like phones and social media are like guns. They are usefull and all should be entitled... if they can use it right. But you die from gun-owners by blood loss, and you die from social media stars by cringing

Newt

I don't own a pistol or a Snapchat account. You're all welcome.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Stolpergeist on November 10, 2020, 04:29:03 AM
Yeah people cringe at me and one day I'll hopefully die and it will all end.
?

Newt

Whoa, this got heavy all of a sudden.

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: stargatedalek on November 10, 2020, 03:00:28 AM
Quote from: Stolpergeist on November 10, 2020, 02:37:42 AM
I feel like she would hate me so I guess I joined the forum at the right time.
I recall her claiming I was an Isis member once. As genuinely humorous as that was, and as much as I definitely fell for the baiting and made things worse, it is a relief how much this place has improved in the past few years.

Quote from: tyrantqueen on April 09, 2018, 04:18:29 PM
Quote from Stargatedalek's twitter:

QuoteYou want to prove I deserved a temp ban for being such a "meanie face", then you need to PERMA BAN people like "Tyrantqueen", who are publicly bigoted and who harass and target people. If there was an alternative to the DTF I would have switched YEARS ago!

I haven't harassed her. The only time we've talked through PMs was when I sold her some lizard toys.

I will be the first to admit that I could be nicer sometimes. I won't deny that I strongly disagree with a lot of Stargatedalek's opinions, but I don't think that constitutes "harrasment" and "targeting".

Good riddance.

EDIT: tweaked the text to better explain my feelings.

She did recognise that she can be harsh at times. The last part where she said good riddance was also corrected afterwards when Dr.Admin warned her and she apologised since she was in her emotions a bit there. At the end of the day we're all here for the lobe of dinosaurs I just don't think it's productive foe the community to hold onto the past like this.

I was also banned alongside you avatar_stargatedalek @stargatedalek and that user Simon whom was actually terrible but needless to say even I recognise I went a bit far with that stupid comment I made. Anywho that's my last message on this before the thread gets locked lol

stargatedalek

Feels important to note I was what; 17? When I said that on Twitter (a platform I don't even use anymore). And that was at the breaking point after years of Simon sending me PMs varying from demeaning to threatening. Calling me a "cultural marxist", saying I was "a puppet of the globalists" for having cited NOAA, etc.

Tyrantqueen didn't go after me in PMs, but she more than went out of her way after learning I was LGBT to attack me at every chance. I remember her posting black pigeon (an alt right YouTube figure) videos in response to me at one point (I recall a heavily transphobic and ableist video specifically). It's just that the really nasty stuff got caught quickly and deleted by the mods.

I most certainly reacted poorly, but that was in was in not trusting (and immediately going to) the moderators, not in taking things too seriously.

Please try not to think that way about yourself. You're great, and those people aren't worth listening to.

Shonisaurus

? @Stolpergeist Why do you say those things? You are a wonderful person. Do not think negatively and as I already mentioned, do not pay attention to the disqualifications that others try to do. Not worth it. Life is very beautiful to think of such people. There are many people who love you.

Loon

avatar_stargatedalek @stargatedalek wow, now I really don't miss her.

Loon

Quote from: Stolpergeist on November 10, 2020, 05:12:04 PM
That her personal text also says "Kek" until her last activity also reads as a red flag to me.

Yeah, and I thought politics weren't allowed here...

But yeah, her and Simon are thankfully gone, so I don't see the point in talking about them any further. I feel like it's only a matter of time before we get banned if keep going.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Loon on November 10, 2020, 05:13:01 PM
That her personal text also says "Kek" until her last activity also reads as a red flag to me.

? ? ? ? whats that supposed to mean

Loon

Quote from: Stegotyranno on November 10, 2020, 05:14:41 PM

I don't think explaining would be in keeping with forum rules, and please, save yourself don't look it up. I think we should close this thread now, honestly.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Loon on November 10, 2020, 05:19:24 PM
Quote from: Stegotyranno on November 10, 2020, 05:14:41 PM

I don't think explaining would be in keeping with forum rules, and please, save yourself don't look it up. I think we should close this thread now, honestly.
Oh thank God, thank you.

avatar_DinoToyForum @dinotoyforum I and a few of my fellow forumites think that this Thread should be deleted.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: stoneage on April 04, 2012, 02:49:00 AM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on April 03, 2012, 10:56:52 PM
QuoteDon't worry about those pesky Americans. They call trousers 'pants', and that's all kinds of wrong.
What's worse than that is what they call someone's behind.... ;) it is very rude in the UK :x

What's wrong with the word rear?  So now you all want to do is start in on an anti-american theme!  And to think we saved you from the Germans.  This is the thanks we get.   :(
didn't you guys join the war after germany surrendered and then you bombed japan
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Gwangi

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on November 10, 2020, 08:07:23 PM
Quote from: stoneage on April 04, 2012, 02:49:00 AM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on April 03, 2012, 10:56:52 PM
QuoteDon't worry about those pesky Americans. They call trousers 'pants', and that's all kinds of wrong.
What's worse than that is what they call someone's behind.... ;) it is very rude in the UK :x

What's wrong with the word rear?  So now you all want to do is start in on an anti-american theme!  And to think we saved you from the Germans.  This is the thanks we get.   :(
didn't you guys join the war after germany surrendered and then you bombed japan

No, that's all kinds of wrong. You need some history lessons. Also, you're replying to an 8 year old thread here.

Although this is entertaining I ultimately agree with those that think this thread should be locked and forgotten.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: