News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Pegasus models

Started by s.foulkes, May 13, 2014, 06:23:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

s.foulkes

:)Well on my Front door step two large boxes arrived and inside was quite a few boxes of the latest Dinosaur line of models from Pegasus. he sent them to me for painting the prototypes for the box art. they are nice models with parts fitting very well. nice dark grey color solid vinyl. they paint up real nice. the box art is wonderful and very well done as is the kit design. definitely a good deal for the price. did any body get some yet? im currently working with Pegasus hobbies on an addition to the prehistoric line of models. the Prototype will make its debut at WF as well as one other dino model that he now has in production , not sculpted by me.
Bringing back the world of Dinosaurs one sculpt at a time!

dinosaurdungeon

Quote from: s.foulkes on May 13, 2014, 06:23:26 PM
:)Well on my Front door step two large boxes arrived and inside was quite a few boxes of the latest Dinosaur line of models from Pegasus. he sent them to me for painting the prototypes for the box art. they are nice models with parts fitting very well. nice dark grey color solid vinyl. they paint up real nice. the box art is wonderful and very well done as is the kit design. definitely a good deal for the price. did any body get some yet? im currently working with Pegasus hobbies on an addition to the prehistoric line of models. the Prototype will make its debut at WF as well as one other dino model that he now has in production , not sculpted by me.

will they be in the same scale as the two that are available now?

tyrantqueen

Quoteim currently working with Pegasus hobbies on an addition to the prehistoric line of models. the Prototype will make its debut at WF as well as one other dino model that he now has in production , not sculpted by me.
The Liopleurodon, right? >:D

s.foulkes

The size for all of them is 1/24th scale. I will let Pegasus reveal what they are going to be.

Dan

There was a misprint on the Rex cover art that says 1:32, but yes, they're both actually 1:24.

I was surprised by their heft, since they're vinyl (perhaps they're solid, unlike the vinyl Cooper Smilodon) but I've been getting great feedback from everyone who received them. Very interested to see what's going to debut from Shane next. I think I know what it is, but I'll stay quiet just in case.

Simon

Dan - Any idea when the Liopleurodon will be released?

Blade-of-the-Moon

I'd be more interested in the Liop I think than the current two..though I wish it were 1:15. .. ;D

Paleogene Pals

I don't have their dinosaurs but do have their great white shark. If they can do other marine creatures as well as they did that shark, I would be happy! I just wish the Liop wasn't in 1/24 scale.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Paleogene Pals on May 14, 2014, 03:51:10 AM
I don't have their dinosaurs but do have their great white shark. If they can do other marine creatures as well as they did that shark, I would be happy! I just wish the Liop wasn't in 1/24 scale.
You could always pretend it's a sub-adult :) That's what I'm doing, haha.

I really hope that this one goes into production a bit quicker than the Trike and T.rex did. They were on pre-order for years and I thought they were never going to be available.

tyrantqueen

Here is the art for the Lio and also a Spinosaurus which I think Galileo Hernandez was making.

I'm really excited for the Liopleurodon.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Looks like a JP3 Spinosaurus..which Galileo is very good at making so it's possible. 

The Liop looks really cool. My luck I buy it and Shane will make a 1:15 Kronosaurus.. lol

SpittersForEver

tyrantqueen

QuoteI'd be more interested in the Liop I think than the current two..though I wish it were 1:15. .
Naturally

Simon

Hmmmm ... Galileo's affinity for Jurassic Park critters seems visible ... doesn't really look much like a Spino ... we'll see if he gave it an "Alligator Jaw", or a narrow one which is accurate ...

Paleogene Pals

Hmmm, a Liop by Shane Foulkes. OK, maybe he can be the "runt" of the litter or something. This should be good! :))

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Simon on May 14, 2014, 08:15:14 AM
Hmmmm ... Galileo's affinity for Jurassic Park critters seems visible ... doesn't really look much like a Spino ... we'll see if he gave it an "Alligator Jaw", or a narrow one which is accurate ...

It looks like it already has an incorrect JP-esque skull. It's missing the notches in the jaws and the center " crest " isn't there..just the one before the eye..which if done on both sides is certainly JP.  Just hold the Papo Spino up to the screen..it's a good comparison.   Though maybe that's what they wanted , a JP like critter.

s.foulkes

I just finished the Paint up on the Prototype for the Spinosaur. its nice. the model is supposed to be JPlike. I will find out from Larry who sculpted it. I got the nod for doing all the build ups for the box art on all dino models for him and he also decided to commission me for all of their Prehistoric line of kits! Yes its a Liopleurodon in 1/24th.He wanted to create a line of Prehistoric kits that were more accurate to science so he called on me.  Not sure why everyone wishes it was not in 1/24th? he wants all of this line to be the same scale to one another and I agree. the Real Liopleurodon Ferox, this animal is the most complete Lio speices and measures 23 ft. so this Creature is not the monster seen in BBC documentaries but more closer to Orca size but not as heavy. about 2.8 to 3 tons. The spinosaur will be released first then the Lio. like I said both the Spino and Lio will make their debut showing at WonderFest this Month. the Spino is actually in production and the Lio which I am finishing now will be the original sculpt prior to tooling it for the factory.

s.foulkes

Oh and on a side note for those chomping on the bit for a larger Lio model, well your in luck , I made one ! he is in 1/15th scale! about 19.5" long. ;) But please try not to bypass the Pegasus one for mine. consider  both. for the price the one I did for Pegasus is a real deal! my usual high quality sculpt but much more affordable. The 1/15th lio in my line of kits will be around 180 preorder and 190 retail. It too will make its debut at WF this month! ITs important that we all support Pegasus and buy their products , I need the work and if the One I did for him doesn't sell as well as he would like due to me having one out , then he may not have me do more, its important to him and I that the work I do on commish sell well , I want others who I work for  to do well  be glad they hired me . so Get both!

s.foulkes

Quote from: Dan on May 13, 2014, 08:11:54 PM
There was a misprint on the Rex cover art that says 1:32, but yes, they're both actually 1:24.

I was surprised by their heft, since they're vinyl (perhaps they're solid, unlike the vinyl Cooper Smilodon) but I've been getting great feedback from everyone who received them. Very interested to see what's going to debut from Shane next. I think I know what it is, but I'll stay quiet just in case.

Dan that was only in the sample image they advertised, on the actual box it says 1/24th , I called him when I saw the 1/32 too and he changed it.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: s.foulkes on May 14, 2014, 04:11:49 PM
Oh and on a side note for those chomping on the bit for a larger Lio model, well your in luck , I made one ! he is in 1/15th scale! about 19.5" long. ;) But please try not to bypass the Pegasus one for mine. consider  both. for the price the one I did for Pegasus is a real deal! my usual high quality sculpt but much more affordable. The 1/15th lio in my line of kits will be around 180 preorder and 190 retail. It too will make its debut at WF this month! ITs important that we all support Pegasus and buy their products , I need the work and if the One I did for him doesn't sell as well as he would like due to me having one out , then he may not have me do more, its important to him and I that the work I do on commish sell well , I want others who I work for  to do well  be glad they hired me . so Get both!

You know if we can afford it we'd all probably get both..lol Are they in similar poses ? If different might work well together.

Actually if you wanted to do one in something around 4' that would be GREAT. ;D I really loved the size of the Mosasaur you did and it stands out very well ! ;)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: