News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Forum changes

Started by DinoToyForum, March 13, 2012, 02:26:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Ravonium on May 12, 2018, 08:40:14 PM
Quote from: dinotoyforum on May 12, 2018, 08:21:20 PM
The reason the menu has changed is because I uninstalled a modification that allowed me to customise the menu (I had removed some menu items, e.g.calendar, and added others).

avatar_DinoToyForum @dinotoyforum Just a quick question, is there any particular reason why you had to uninstall that modification? (Is my mention working?)

Quote from: Sim on May 12, 2018, 08:12:16 PM
I hadn't seen the calendar before, is it a new addition?

No, I believe it's been there since this forum started.

No, your mention didn't seem to work for me  I didn't receive any notifications. Hmm.

Reason I toyed with the menu is because the mentions mod should appear in the menu under profile automatically, but it wasn't, so I figured there was an incompatability.

Ravonium

Quote from: dinotoyforum on May 12, 2018, 09:25:07 PM
No, your mention didn't seem to work for me.

Hmm. Up until now, you're the only member who's used one to any effect (as shown by Patrx's post), so maybe there's something preventing regular members from using them effectively.

Either that, or (more likely) it's to do with my notification settings.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Ravonium on May 12, 2018, 09:35:05 PM
Quote from: dinotoyforum on May 12, 2018, 09:25:07 PM
No, your mention didn't seem to work for me.

Hmm. Up until now, you're the only member who's used one to any effect (as shown by Patrx's post), so maybe there's something preventing regular members from using them effectively.

Either that, or (more likely) it's to do with my notification settings.

Let me send you a test mention avatar_Ravonium @Ravonium
Anything?
I'll also try D @dinotoyforum_test

Ravonium

Quote from: dinotoyforum on May 12, 2018, 09:41:03 PM
Anything?

Yep, it's working for me. I think I can rule out notification settings as the cause.

By the way, how did you input the mention code?

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Ravonium on May 12, 2018, 09:46:28 PM
Quote from: dinotoyforum on May 12, 2018, 09:41:03 PM
Anything?

Yep, it's working for me. I think I can rule out notification settings as the cause.

By the way, how did you input the mention code?

I'm not so sure... although the mention I sent to my test account showed up in my profile, I didn't receive a notification in the menu or by email. Something isn't quite right...

All modification codes are ready-written, I just 'install' them. I wish I knew code well enough to create my own custom mods!

DinoToyForum

Fixed it - partially at least. I've reset the permissions so now all members can mention members (rather than just admins - oops!). So, should work now if you want to test it. :)

Not sure if notifications will work, though...

ITdactyl

hmmm... neat.  I've the same birthday as MauroRaptor... and I can clearly see that I'm one of the more ancient  members of this forum. :D

Ravonium

Quote from: dinotoyforum on May 12, 2018, 10:09:54 PM
Fixed it - partially at least. I've reset the permissions so now all members can mention members (rather than just admins - oops!). So, should work now if you want to test it. :)

Good to hear. Has that previous mention come through yet?

Quote from: ITdactyl on May 12, 2018, 10:11:18 PM
...that I'm one of the more ancient  members of this forum. :D

I'm the complete opposite of that  ::)

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Ravonium on May 12, 2018, 10:14:32 PM
Quote from: dinotoyforum on May 12, 2018, 10:09:54 PM

Good to hear. Has that previous mention come through yet?

Quote from: ITdactyl on May 12, 2018, 10:11:18 PM
...that I'm one of the more ancient  members of this forum. :D

I'm the complete opposite of that  ::)

No, but maybe it doesn't work retrospectively? Would you like to try again?

Ravonium

avatar_DinoToyForum @dinotoyforum Has this gone through? And if so, did you receive any notification?

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Ravonium on May 12, 2018, 10:22:14 PM
avatar_DinoToyForum @dinotoyforum Has this gone through? And if so, did you receive any notification?

No and no. :( Curious.

...has anyone received a mention from anyone other than me?

Ravonium

Quote from: dinotoyforum on May 12, 2018, 10:24:02 PM

avatar_DinoToyForum @dinotoyforum I appear to be the only other person who's experimented with them, and the only person I've tried to mention is you, so no.

dinotoyforum_test

Quote from: Ravonium on May 12, 2018, 10:31:22 PM

avatar_DinoToyForum @dinotoyforum I appear to be the only other person who's experimented with them, and the only person I've tried to mention is you, so no.

In that case...testing avatar_Ravonium @Ravonium and avatar_DinoToyForum @dinotoyforum

DinoToyForum

Quote from: dinotoyforum_test on May 12, 2018, 10:35:11 PM

In that case...testing avatar_Ravonium @Ravonium and avatar_DinoToyForum @dinotoyforum

It worked. :) I got a mention notification in my top menu. :) Still no email, even though my settings are correct.

IrritatorRaji

Yes!! I've been dying for a pinging system! :D

DinoToyForum

Quote from: IrritatorRaji on May 12, 2018, 10:54:45 PM
Yes!! I've been dying for a pinging system! :D

avatar_IrritatorRaji @IrritatorRaji You got it :) Still seem to be having some teething troubles, but the basics are working.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: dinotoyforum on May 12, 2018, 10:36:44 PM
Quote from: dinotoyforum_test on May 12, 2018, 10:35:11 PM

It worked. :) I got a mention notification in my top menu. :) Still no email, even though my settings are correct.

I just found the notification email in my spam folder. So, that explains that! For anyone who has ticked "mentions email notifications" in their profile, check your junk mail if the notifications don't seem to come through.

IrritatorRaji

avatar_DinoToyForum @dinotoyforum It's functioning well for me, got a notification plus an email :)

DinoToyForum

Quote from: IrritatorRaji on May 13, 2018, 12:11:07 AM
avatar_DinoToyForum @dinotoyforum It's functioning well for me, got a notification plus an email :)

Me too! It is all working well now. :)

Simon

The "Recent" posts button on the linkline has disappeared since the changes made yesterday.  Will it be restored?  Its the easiest way to catch up on the latest posts ...

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: