News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Forum changes

Started by DinoToyForum, March 13, 2012, 02:26:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reptilia

I noticed that too fairly recently. And when I click on it it just opens a blank window on the left side.

DinoToyForum

You've probably already noticed that I created a 'New for 2018' board.

DinoToyForum

This has been requested for a long time -  I've installed a spoilers tag! It is the 'Sp' button on the compose message page, or manually use the code "[ s p o i l e r ] spoiler text here [ / s p o i l e r ]" without the gaps.

Spoiler
Like this!
[close]

tyrantqueen

Thanks, it was much needed!

Nanuqsaurus

Quote from: dinotoyforum on December 15, 2017, 06:00:07 PM
This has been requested for a long time -  I've installed a spoilers tag! It is the 'Sp' button on the compose message page, or manually use the code "[ s p o i l e r ] spoiler text here [ / s p o i l e r ]" without the gaps.

Spoiler
Like this!
[close]

Ah great! :) Because I haven't seen The Last Jedi yet, but it's already starting to get more and more difficult to evade the spoilers. Thanks!

Takama

Quote from: Nanuqsaurus on December 15, 2017, 06:39:45 PM

Spoiler
Like this!
[close]

Ah great! :) Because I haven't seen The Last Jedi yet, but it's already starting to get more and more difficult to evade the spoilers. Thanks!

I see a Flaw in this. If you Qhote a Spoiler, you can see the spoiler in the Compose message page. Now if the Spoiler is all thats in the post, I imagine people will know what there in for. But what if Say I  have somthing unreleated to say in the same post as the spoiler, and they want to qhote that?   How can people avoid the Spoiler then?

stargatedalek

Quote from: Takama on December 16, 2017, 02:39:06 AM

Spoiler
Like this!
[close]

I see a Flaw in this. If you Qhote a Spoiler, you can see the spoiler in the Compose message page. Now if the Spoiler is all thats in the post, I imagine people will know what there in for. But what if Say I  have somthing unreleated to say in the same post as the spoiler, and they want to qhote that?   How can people avoid the Spoiler then?
Impossible, that's just the nature of any text based code tags. When you quote it the inner workings will be exposed, that's unavoidable.

tyrantqueen

Spoiler
Like this!
[close]

The main reason I wanted spoiler tags is not for hiding literal spoilers, but as a way to tidy up posts with large amounts of images. Scrolling through photo laden posts is a real pain for me.

I can't force other people to use it, but I will use it for my own posts.

DinoToyForum

Spoiler
Like this!
[close]

Don't quote spoilers, or do so at your own risk. :)

Halichoeres

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 16, 2017, 08:52:13 AM

The main reason I wanted spoiler tags is not for hiding literal spoilers, but as a way to tidy up posts with large amounts of images. Scrolling through photo laden posts is a real pain for me.

I think that the users whose updates have the longest load times due to large numbers of un-resized images will probably not use it. In my experience they're occasional users who only log in to advertise wares. But in your ideal world, would most people, for example, put images for collection updates or Recent Acquisitions posts under a jump?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Halichoeres on December 16, 2017, 10:28:59 PM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 16, 2017, 08:52:13 AM

I think that the users whose updates have the longest load times due to large numbers of un-resized images will probably not use it. In my experience they're occasional users who only log in to advertise wares. But in your ideal world, would most people, for example, put images for collection updates or Recent Acquisitions posts under a jump?

In my ideal world, I'd say that anyone who posts more than 5-6 images would use a spoiler tag. Especially if they were posting the same photos in multiple threads.

DinoToyForum

I installed the spoiler tag to hide spoilers. Please avoid using it to hide images (unless they are spoiler images). I want the forum to be image rich and simple as possible. I just found a post containing three images, each individually spoiler tagged, which I had to edit. If that becomes a trend, It'll get tiresome real quick for users who want to see all the images on the forum, and staff whose job it is to moderate forum activity. So, please avoid using spoiler tags for anything other than spoilers. Thanks!  C:-)

Forum rules 6 and 8 are already in place to avoid excessive posting (which covers images) and image quoting.

suspsy

The Mojo Fun page is the only one where the megafauna outnumber the dinosaurs (so far)!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

stargatedalek

Could we please have a little leniency in using the spoiler tag for images? Obviously using them for individual images is annoying and frankly a little excessive, but using them when quoting posts with images, or when posting a lot of images in a high traffic thread, they help to keep things orderly.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: stargatedalek on December 17, 2017, 03:08:46 PM
Could we please have a little leniency in using the spoiler tag for images? Obviously using them for individual images is annoying and frankly a little excessive, but using them when quoting posts with images, or when posting a lot of images in a high traffic thread, they help to keep things orderly.

Of course. This is why I haven't made it a rule ;) If there is a case to be made for using it, no problem, just avoid it as a rule of thumb.

SBell

Quote from: suspsy on December 17, 2017, 01:54:55 PM
The Mojo Fun page is the only one where the megafauna outnumber the dinosaurs (so far)!

Their dinosaurs aren't worth the effort... 8)

Although I do prefer their Sarcosuchus to the CollectA.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: SBell on December 17, 2017, 07:09:52 PM

Was this intended for a different thread?  C:-)

SBell

Quote from: dinotoyforum on December 17, 2017, 07:50:37 PM
Quote from: SBell on December 17, 2017, 07:09:52 PM

Was this intended for a different thread?  C:-)

I was just responding and didn't notice the topic but...probably?

docronnie

Missed a lot of new things around here, including this spoiler tag.

Will check it out.
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

DinoToyForum

I've amended Forum rule 1 to include "personal provocation". So, the first rule of the Dinosaur Toy Forum is now: "No intentional personal attacks, rudeness, or personal provocation."

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: