News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Tangs model kits

Started by Tangyson, August 11, 2014, 01:17:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tangyson

Hello everyone, I am new to the forum and also share a love of dinosaurs. I am currently working on a couple of dinosaur related projects and I wanted to share them with you all. I had previously posted the Stygimoloch in the art section but seeing as it is a kit I wanted to re post it here. The busts are available, while the T Rex I hope to complete in the coming weeks. Anyone interested feel free to send me a message.

Tangyson

Blade-of-the-Moon

Paleogene Pals

Say, do you do commission work? I have some concepts of cartoonish-type characters that I would like to have done. I like your 'toned-up' art.

Tangyson

Thank you, I am sorry for the late reply, I have been busy working on the T rex sculpt. Actually yes I would be open to commissions what do you have in mind? 

Arul

CityRaptor

Don't quote the pictures. That makes it hard to read.

While those cartoonish Dinosaurs are not exactly my cup of tea, I must admit that those have a certain charm to them.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Tangyson

Thank You, the way i see it realistic Dinosaur sculpts convey their personalities through body language. What I am aiming for here is to try to give some emotion to my Dino's faces. I am nearly done with the T Rex I will post the progress pics very soon. Thanks for commenting.

Tangyson

I have finished my second tooned up Dino a Tyrannosaurus Rex. I wanted to make him look bulky and intimidating. The sculpt is done but now comes the tough part mold prepping and mold making.

Paleogene Pals

You really, really do an awesome job of making toned-up sculptures. The T-rex is so cool!

Tangyson

Thank you I cant wait to paint it up there are so many color options for Dinosaurs. at first I was thinking of painting it all green but then I saw a James Gurney painting with blue T Rex with a red face and I kinda want to do that too.

Rathalosaurus

You are a great artist. Are you planning to make also scientifically accurate models? These are very gorgeous!!
Dude, I very like Dinos and I cannot understand those who don't.

Doug Watson

Very nice work, were you a Bugs Bunny fan growing up? They have a Chuck Jones feel to them, especially the Stygimoloch. I hope you find a market you are definitely carving out a niche.

Raptoress

I love them! It's nice to see something different and more cartoony rather than having to be perfectly scientifically accurate. Your work is simply awesome!

Tangyson

Rath, Yes in the near future I would like to make some scientifically accurate models but I would have to do some research. Doug, I grew up watching cartoons and to this day It is what I mostly watch on TV, very observant you can really dissect a piece. Raptoress, Thank You! your reaction is exactly what I hoped to get from viewers. Before I took up sculpting all my cartoon Dinosaurs were just sketches now my goal is to turn some of them into a line of model kits. Thank you all for your positive feedback keep checking back I will be posting the molding and casting process as well as the final painted piece of the Tyrannosaurus,

Rathalosaurus

I am so excited to see the painted Rex. :D
Dude, I very like Dinos and I cannot understand those who don't.

Tangyson

Thank you all for looking.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Awesome! I love him!

Do you have a site people can order from?

Dinomike

Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: