News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

T

Reconstructing soft anatomy

Started by Trisdino, August 14, 2014, 07:27:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trisdino

This is the thread for continuing the Ultimatedinoking discussion.

Ultimatedinoking

Aww, you made a thread for me... Hey wait a sec?!?
I may not like feathered dinosaurs and stumpy legged Spinosaurs, but I will keep those opinions to myself, I will not start a debate over it, I promise. 😇
-UDK

Yutyrannus

Thanks! So, Ultimatedinoking, if bats weren't around today and only fossils were known from them, would you honestly depict them like this?
http://www.deviantart.com/art/Shrink-Wrapped-Bat-431346889

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Trisdino

Ultimatedinoking

Quote from: Yutyrannus on August 14, 2014, 07:34:44 PM
Thanks! So, Ultimatedinoking, if bats weren't around today and only fossils were known from them, would you honestly depict them like this?
http://www.deviantart.com/art/Shrink-Wrapped-Bat-431346889

Oh no! I'm not going to that place again! Too much weird stuff.
I may not like feathered dinosaurs and stumpy legged Spinosaurs, but I will keep those opinions to myself, I will not start a debate over it, I promise. 😇
-UDK

Ultimatedinoking

-UDK

Trisdino

Nope, far from it.

Ultimatedinoking

-UDK

Yutyrannus

Okay would you restore an elephant without a trunk if we didn't know they had them?

Ultimatedinoking

Quote from: Yutyrannus on August 14, 2014, 07:39:38 PM
Okay would you restore an elephant without a trunk if we didn't know they had them?

Ah, but we have frozen mammoths, with trunks.

We have no Spinosaurus with imprints of chin fat.
-UDK

Trisdino

of the other 3, you checked the sign in the picture for 1, and the links for the two others, no, I do not believe you are such an expert at carnivorans, but let us really put that to the test:

Edit: No, we don't but we also know from modern day animals that not A SINGLE living creature has no fat whatsoever. All reptiles and birds have a large amount of integument, be they skin, scales, fat, or feathers, covering their body shape.

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Ultimatedinoking on August 14, 2014, 07:40:38 PM

I said if we didn't know.

That's not fat, that's a throat sac man ::).

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Trisdino on August 14, 2014, 07:40:49 PM
of the other 3, you checked the sign in the picture for 1, and the links for the two others, no, I do not believe you are such an expert at carnivorans, but let us really put that to the test:

The picture doesn't show up.

Trisdino

Should work now

Yutyrannus

Ultimatedinoking

Quote from: Trisdino on August 14, 2014, 07:40:49 PM

First off, I didn't look at the sign. I didn't even see it until people started pointing it out.

Hmm, some type of felid, medium to small size based on the tools, could I get a better skull view?
-UDK

Ultimatedinoking

Quote from: Yutyrannus on August 14, 2014, 07:41:07 PM

So, it's half frog?

Perhaps not a trunk, but based off the attachment points, you could see that a fleshy organ existed on loxodonta. (Or elephas)
-UDK

Trisdino

Dude... you just said that throat sacks are exclusive to frogs...

Trisdino

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Ultimatedinoking on August 14, 2014, 07:46:21 PM
Quote from: Yutyrannus on August 14, 2014, 07:41:07 PM

So, it's half frog?

Perhaps not a trunk, but based off the attachment points, you could see that a fleshy organ existed on loxodonta. (Or elephas)
Or friget bird.

Not really, there's nothing on the skull to suggest some sort of fleshy organ. it could techinacally be just a bear like nose.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: