News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

T

Reconstructing soft anatomy

Started by Trisdino, August 14, 2014, 07:27:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ultimatedinoking

Quote from: Trisdino on August 14, 2014, 07:48:40 PM
Dude... you just said that throat sacks are exclusive to frogs...

No, I just picked frogs.

Animatronic archosaurs?
I may not like feathered dinosaurs and stumpy legged Spinosaurs, but I will keep those opinions to myself, I will not start a debate over it, I promise. 😇
-UDK

Trisdino

You are capable of understanding the concept of a model representing a real animal?

Surely you are not going to claim that real life crocodiles do not have throat sacks?

Ultimatedinoking

I may not like feathered dinosaurs and stumpy legged Spinosaurs, but I will keep those opinions to myself, I will not start a debate over it, I promise. 😇
-UDK

Yutyrannus

Hey, you know what I just realized? By looking at a human skull technically you could think that they have a dog-like nose if you didn't know better.

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Trisdino

Ultimatedinoking

Quote from: Trisdino on August 14, 2014, 07:51:39 PM
You are capable of understanding the concept of a model representing a real animal?

Surely you are not going to claim that real life crocodiles do not have throat sacks?

What? All I asked was if it was animatronic, with all those tubes leading to it.  ???

I know they have them, I just said fronts because that's the first throat sac having animal I thought of.
-UDK

stargatedalek

Quote from: Ultimatedinoking on August 14, 2014, 07:46:21 PM
So, it's half frog?

Perhaps not a trunk, but based off the attachment points, you could see that a fleshy organ existed on loxodonta. (Or elephas)
so pelicans and crocodilians are half frog?

[EDIT] ninja'd
but really, its not unrealistic in the slightest the spinosaurus had a throat sac

since you seem to like naked maniraptors so much, have a parrot

^THIS is what JP does to dromaeosaurs

Ultimatedinoking

-UDK

Yutyrannus

Quote from: stargatedalek on August 14, 2014, 07:55:50 PM
So, it's half frog?

Perhaps not a trunk, but based off the attachment points, you could see that a fleshy organ existed on loxodonta. (Or elephas)
Don't forget whales ;).

Ultimatedinoking

So, it's half frog?

Ugh, no. I could have said half  pelican or half gator. I just used frog. How do we know spino had a throat sac?
-UDK

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Ultimatedinoking on August 14, 2014, 07:57:49 PM
So, it's half frog?

Ugh, no. I could have said half  pelican or half gator. I just used frog. How do we know spino had a throat sac?
We don't, but there is no reason to think it didn't.

Also, Ultimatedinoking, please read my comment on the human skull.

Ultimatedinoking

So, it's half frog?

[EDIT] ninja'd
but really, its not unrealistic in the slightest the spinosaurus had a throat sac

since you seem to like naked maniraptors so much, have a parrot

^THIS is what JP does to dromaeosaurs

Good color scheme.
-UDK

Ultimatedinoking

Yutyrannus, I did. But the Homo sapiens skull is so odd in its own right, rounded, triangular nasal opening, small jaws, and foramen magnum on the bottom.
-UDK

Yutyrannus

Basically you can't judge what an animal looks like in life just by putting skin on the bones.

Ultimatedinoking

Quote from: Yutyrannus on August 14, 2014, 08:29:51 PM
Basically you can't judge what an animal looks like in life just by putting skin on the bones.

Yes, but layering them in fat doesn't help either.
-UDK

Balaur

Trisdino

Ultimatedinoking cannot tell the difference.

Yutyrannus

Actually, it does. There is not a single living animal that looks exactly like its skeleton. If you put fat on the bones you are much less likely to be wrong about that animal's appearance, if you just copy the skeleton exactly you are 99.9999% likely to be wrong.

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Balaur on August 14, 2014, 08:33:18 PM
It's not just fat, it's muscle!
Well, it is actually both. Because all animals have fat to some extent.

Ultimatedinoking

Quote from: Trisdino on August 14, 2014, 08:34:13 PM
Ultimatedinoking cannot tell the difference.

Hey!

P.s. It's clearly fat.
-UDK

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: