News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

T

Reconstructing soft anatomy

Started by Trisdino, August 14, 2014, 07:27:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amargasaurus cazaui

If you examine my original post, I was within topic and responding to the theme of the thread. When baited about some of my comments I did respond to them. I made note that Yutyrannus was complaining I was off topic so I just dropped it. Subsequently they proceeded to sit and yammer about Jurassic park anyway so go figure.
I did not get mad and leave however. When and if you wish to hammer science into someones head, please make sure first you are using science .
And for the record the problem with a sneezing brachiosaurus, that is sitting in the middle of a swamp ...quite simple. You do not catch a cold unless you are warm blooded...but if you are, why are you sitting in a swamp at nightime to start with?
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Ultimatedinoking

I may not like feathered dinosaurs and stumpy legged Spinosaurs, but I will keep those opinions to myself, I will not start a debate over it, I promise. 😇
-UDK

amargasaurus cazaui

errr the entire herd that reared their heads up and trumpeted in the scene? cmon....
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Ultimatedinoking

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on August 15, 2014, 06:36:32 PM
errr the entire herd that reared their heads up and trumpeted in the scene? cmon....

Can we get back to hadro nose balloons? Before dinotoy forum locks the thread?
I may not like feathered dinosaurs and stumpy legged Spinosaurs, but I will keep those opinions to myself, I will not start a debate over it, I promise. 😇
-UDK

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: Ultimatedinoking on August 15, 2014, 06:45:17 PM
Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on August 15, 2014, 06:36:32 PM

Can we get back to hadro nose balloons? Before dinotoy forum locks the thread?
Good plan !!!

Ultimatedinoking

Thanks.

What are your opinions about them?
-UDK

stargatedalek

Quote from: Ultimatedinoking on August 15, 2014, 05:37:22 PM
No proof T. rex was feathered as an adult. I'm sick of hearing the whole theropods couldn't dribble stuff. That I agree with (frog vision). T. rex has a big body to fuel.
the evidence is overwhelming, whereas there is no evidence whatsoever to support the "loses feathers with age" theory

there is proof that theropod hands were NOT pronated, as in invariable proof, as in don't bother fighting it proof

@as for the "constantly eating tyrannosaurus" there were extenuating circumstances in the first 2 films whenever tyrannosaurus attacked, and in the 3rd we don't know it wasn't just trying to chase them away from its food

@as for sneezing, that could have just anthropomorphizing on the part of the observing parties, perhaps that was just something it would do, maybe they had extra mucus to line their longer throats so they needed to cough it up frequently

amargasaurus cazaui

I am not well enough versed on the topic to offer an opinion either way. I do think that the crests must have worked for resonating and sounds, but how it all works out I am unsure.

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: stargatedalek on August 15, 2014, 06:57:03 PM
No proof T. rex was feathered as an adult. I'm sick of hearing the whole theropods couldn't dribble stuff. That I agree with (frog vision). T. rex has a big body to fuel.
the evidence is overwhelming, whereas there is no evidence whatsoever to support the "loses feathers with age" theory

there is proof that theropod hands were NOT pronated, as in invariable proof, as in don't bother fighting it proof

@as for the "constantly eating tyrannosaurus" there were extenuating circumstances in the first 2 films whenever tyrannosaurus attacked, and in the 3rd we don't know it wasn't just trying to chase them away from its food

@as for sneezing, that could have just anthropomorphizing on the part of the observing parties, perhaps that was just something it would do, maybe they had extra mucus to line their longer throats so they needed to cough it up frequently
eh dalek a solid theory but sadly no...Horner himself boasted about this scene and what he intended in one of his books. He was set on demonstrating warm blooded swamp dwelling brachiosaurs with the sneezing thing.

Ultimatedinoking

Are there any T. rex fossils with feather imprints? No.
-UDK

Balaur

Quote from: Ultimatedinoking on August 15, 2014, 07:10:20 PM

Absence of evidence doesn't necessarily mean it didn't have feathers.

Ultimatedinoking

But there's a far higher chance that it did not.
-UDK

Balaur

Ultimatedinoking

-UDK

Balaur

Okay. Size doesn't have to be a factor in feathers. We know that from Yutyrannus. While Yutyrannus did live in a colder environment, and Tyrannosaurus lived in a warmer one, it doesn't necessarily mean Tyrannosaurus didn't have feathers. The mistake a lot of people make is to compare feathers with fur, which is a no no. Feathers are more useful than to just warm up, but could also be used to cool down. If Tyrannosaurus had feathers, I don't think it would be the long feathers seen in Yutyrannus, maybe shorter ones. Out of curiosity, how does lifestyle affect the ability to have feathers?

stargatedalek

the only way I could possibly see feathers effecting lifestyle would be with cases like microraptor where they are so extensive as to effect its locomotion

Quote from: Ultimatedinoking on August 15, 2014, 07:10:20 PM
none with conclusive lack of feather imprints either ;)
and with cladistics we can be relatively certain that tyrannosaurus had feathers, yutyrannus shows us once an for all that size is not a reason to loose feathers, so theres no reason to assume tyrannosaurus would have lost them
its not 100%, but its still far more likely than a naked (let alone scaled!) tyrannosaurus

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on August 15, 2014, 07:09:00 PM
eh dalek a solid theory but sadly no...Horner himself boasted about this scene and what he intended in one of his books. He was set on demonstrating warm blooded swamp dwelling brachiosaurs with the sneezing thing.
some of Horner's ideas can be pretty, out there...

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Ultimatedinoking on August 15, 2014, 07:24:25 PM
Quote from: Balaur on August 15, 2014, 07:19:44 PM
Quote from: Ultimatedinoking on August 15, 2014, 07:19:06 PM

How so?

Environment, size, and lifestyle.
How many times to I have to tell you? Feathers. Can. Cool. Animals. Down.

Anyway, yes, I do think hadrosaurs had inflatable nose sacs as resonating chambers.

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Yutyrannus on August 15, 2014, 08:53:22 PM

How so?

Careful, this attitude will get you in trouble. Be polite. I already banned one person today, make sure the next one isn't you!  C:-)

Yutyrannus

Quote from: dinotoyforum on August 15, 2014, 09:15:58 PM
Quote from: Yutyrannus on August 15, 2014, 08:53:22 PM

How so?

Careful, this attitude will get you in trouble. Be polite. I already banned one person today, make sure the next one isn't you!  C:-)
Sorry, I'm trying to emphasize my point, I mean everyone keeps telling him this.

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

stargatedalek

I'm sorry and I'm not trying to be argumentative here, but how is it that after trying to tell him politely (many times) telling him more aggressively is impolite, and yet his continually ignoring us and saying our evidence is void without supplying any of his own (despite our having evidence to back up our points) is not impolite?

and no I'm not referring only to this thread, I'm referring to throughout the forums his tendency to attack anything that doesn't suit his own personal likes as "inaccurate" (which is entirely false)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: