News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Tiptoi Dinosaurier

Started by Roselaar, August 30, 2014, 09:02:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roselaar

Just found out there's a new German player in town, called Tiptoi:

http://www.spielzeug-schuette.de/tagebuch/tiptoi%C2%AE-dinosaurier-%E2%80%93-spielfiguren-aus-der-urzeit!-9e.html

Supposedly they're an educational bunch and you can find out more about the species they represent by pressing a specil pen to an orange button. Which means there's some annoying orange marks on them, but otherwise, they're not that bad. They tend to copy Schleich a bit, but certainly look better than most recent Schleichs. Some interesting species too, like Giganotosaurus...

... and Camarasaurus:

Very Schleichy T-Rex:

Cross between the Bullyland and Favorite Spinosaurs:

Sega-ish Stegosaurus:

Very feathered Velociraptor, with a bit of a Wolverine hairdo:

Triceratops pumping blood through his neck shield and nose:

Erect Euoplocephalus:

Pteranodon taking a note from the Schleich Quetz, sans butterfly paint job:

Your thoughts? Yay or nay?

DinoToyForum

The surprises just keep on coming for 2014! In my opinion these are nothing too special, a bit too 'schleichy' (try saying that after a few pints!) for my tastes. But, as basic cartoony dinosaur toys go, they are at least fun, and colourful. Holds some promise for the future!

A new pterosaur for Deanm! No marine reptiles though... Boooo!  ;)

Roselaar, could you post pictures of the other figures too?  8)

Roselaar

Quote from: dinotoyforum on August 30, 2014, 09:12:34 PM

Sure can! ;)

stargatedalek

looks like they took Scleich models and improved/re-purposed them a bit
I like the tyrannosaurus (odd because I absolutely can not stand the Scleich version :P )

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Roselaar on August 30, 2014, 09:23:35 PM
Quote from: dinotoyforum on August 30, 2014, 09:12:34 PM

Sure can! ;)

Thanks! I also moved them to the first post so all the pics are together :)

stargatedalek

those spots almost look they were Photoshopped

DinoToyForum

Quote from: stargatedalek on August 30, 2014, 09:47:19 PM
those spots almost look they were Photoshopped

I think they are photoshopped, too. They are publicity photos so maybe these are just prototypes without orange buttons.

A.Garcia

The Stegosaurus plates are very pretty. How easily the hands could be improved on the Camarasaurus (or, all of them).

Hmm... if a toy dinosaur is going to have any electronic accessorizing, I'd say they're best off just making it roar! ...and write down the rest of it.

Libraraptor

This was just a question of time and isn´t really a surprise to me. I love TipToi, and so does my daughter. The orange dot is the start signal for the information given by this pen like device about the animal you tipped! You don´t have to press it (all my daughter´s tries ended up in bumps in the puzzles or books). You just hold the device in front of the dot, it optically recognizes the underlying micropattern of the surface. Love it! But the figures, well. Too goofy, the Schleich approach is too obvious.... Their crocodile for example is a lot more accurate.

Raptoress

Some are decent, but I don't like the feet in almost all of them.

stargatedalek

So they are like the discovery kids line a few years back

Gwangi

I might like the Stegosaurus and Camarasaurus if not for the large (and quite inaccurate) feet. Good detail on all of them but they do have that Schelich feel and are quite cartoony. This Tyrannosaurus I like better than the Schelich, the head in particular.

Carnosaur

I like the Giganotosaurus, T-rex, and Spinosaurus. the rest are kinda meh.

pylgrym

Love my old Schleich Minis!
'
'
'
'
"Ye must be born again"

Blade-of-the-Moon

They do look more interesting than the recent Schleich pieces I think..just can't place why.. lol

Minmiminime

As a toy they look very bonny, well made and colourful. I'd have been delighted with toys like these when I was a lass, but the toes and hands etc would still have annoyed me. Strange that they've made the effort to make them educational, yet haven't ensured accuracy?! Whoops! I'll get one as a collector anyway, see what the quality is like :-)
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Paleogene Pals

The hands are not facing each other. The pterosaur looks like it has a duckbill. Otherwise, interesting looking group.

DC

Are these artist renderings or photos?  any idea of the scale.  The News release makes it sound like the Camarasaurus is large.   Any body seen this in their flesh (vinyl)?
You can never have too many dinosaurs

Roselaar

I don't believe they've been released yet. I think they're fairly sized, considering their prices. Probably the same sort of size as the larger Schleich pieces (not the Sauropods).

DC

Unexpected and interesting release.  The common opinion is that figure sales are down but there are now more companies and wider range of product than there were 10 years ago.

thanks Randy
You can never have too many dinosaurs

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: