News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Knock-off figures - general discussion

Started by SBell, October 03, 2014, 03:34:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pylraster

Quote from: docronnie on November 20, 2015, 11:16:02 PM
Some bootlegs are really getting better. Even in other toylines like Play Arts Kai, Bandai, etc., the bootlegs are almost Xerox copies of the originals.

Now for someone, who is on a budget, and just wants to play with his toys and don't want to accidentally destroy his precious expensive originals, well this would be a sensible option.

I now try to avoid knock-offs, but I wouldn't mind if it was a gift. Which is what happened to me lately.

stargatedalek

To be honest I would rather see half decent bootlegs of good toys as opposed to awful bootlegs of bad/very dated toys (which is all there is around here).

Halichoeres

Quote from: Dilopho on November 20, 2015, 08:47:01 PM
This isn't dinosaurs, but REAL THING:

FAKE KNOCK-OFF:

Snmgfiehp is my favorite time of year!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

TJ_Terrorsaur

CityRaptor

It's obviously the ultra rare brown variant of the Schleich T.rex! ;D
Highly Detailed! Superior Quality! 100% Authentic Licensed Products! Blatant Lies!
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Dilopho

Quote from: CityRaptor on December 06, 2015, 09:10:07 AM
Highly Detailed! Superior Quality! 100% Authentic Licensed Products! Blatant Lies!
"Explore the Infinite Secrets"? Is there more to these dinosaurs that meets the eye?

LophoLeeVT

check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

pylraster

Quote from: Dilopho on December 06, 2015, 10:48:10 AM
Quote from: CityRaptor on December 06, 2015, 09:10:07 AM
"Explore the Infinite Secrets"? Is there more to these dinosaurs that meets the eye?

Probably the fact that these bootlegs have toxic paint :)

Dilopho

That last one was a chap mei knockoff. They made the chap mei EVEN WORSE.

Dilopho

Sorry for double post but while looking at bootlegs I found this:

Nail Dragon indeed.

MLMjp

Buffffff...

I loved Jurassic world, but because of it the golden age of knockoffs is here

pylraster

Bootlegs of Battat Terra dinos may not be far off, given the rate these Chinese bootleggers are going. Sheesh.

Viking Spawn

I hate to say it, but some of those don't look too bad.   Be great for kids to knock around.  :/

CityRaptor

Quote from: raptor64870 on December 06, 2015, 01:28:49 PM
savage, jurst labeled as carnotaurus
who wuld make such a stupid mistake?

The uneducated public. I've seen enough Dinosaurs labeled as other Dinosaurs on eBay, despite them having thei names on their bodies. I'm actually surprised it is not called Tyrannosaurus Rex or T-REX ( written wrong on purpose  as this is how the uneducated public would write it ).
Bootleggers are obviously part of that crowd.

Quote from: Dilopho on December 06, 2015, 02:27:27 PM
Sorry for double post but while looking at bootlegs I found this:
Nail Dragon indeed.

It probably comes from the translation of the name.
The Chinese word for dinosaur is 恐龙 (traditional 恐龍, pinyin kǒnglóng, "fearsome dragon.")
The Japanese uses the same signs for dinosaur, kyouryuu (恐竜 or 恐龍) (竜 is Japanese variant of 龙/龍).

Oh no

Dilopho

Even the great and powerful Rebor is a victim

CityRaptor

You realize that calling someone or something "Great and Powerful" actually means that they are neither great nor powerful, but they brag a lot about their apparent greatness? Of course that is at least partially true regarding REBOR, but still...hey, at least their Yutyrannus is no longer the worst on the market. That's something. Unfortunately that is because the new one is a knock-off of their one.
Oh no

sauroid

i think this is probaby the only chance of cheapskates who cant afford the genuine Papo and Schleich figures (and Rebor too) to own cheap but bad copies of the originals. ^_^
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Rathalosaurus

Though I have to admit thath the Rexies don't look too bad.
Dude, I very like Dinos and I cannot understand those who don't.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Viking Spawn on December 06, 2015, 03:04:34 PM
I hate to say it, but some of those don't look too bad.   Be great for kids to knock around.  :/
But the originals are for kids to play with anyway. And they have the advantage of not being radioactive.

These bootlegs are a waste of money imo.

Rain

Agreed, I see no point in buying an ugly toxic( if thats the right word) figure to save like 10 bucks

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: