News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Schleich - new for 2015

Started by DinoToyForum, October 17, 2014, 06:11:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Everything_Dinosaur

We at Everything Dinosaur have been fully briefed on what Schleich plans for 2015.  We are not able to comment as we promised Schleich we would not release any of the details including images that we have.  If you read between the lines, if we have images and details but can't release them yet, then it is a safe bet to assume that these images and details refer to more prehistoric animal models.

We intend to post up information when permitted onto our Facebook page and on the Everything Dinosaur blog.

sauroid

something to look forward to. (i didnt expect to say this about Schleich's upcoming  figures)
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

DinoToyForum

New picture of the minis from Schleich on Facebook:

Hynerpeton

Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

Appalachiosaurus

I actually like this Anhanguera better.

Also, I might get the minis. Just to see what they look like in person.

ItsTwentyBelow

I have to say, this is the first year in a lot of years that I'm really interested by what I've seen so far from Schleich.

I have and like the older Anhanguera, and this one's not too bad either. Nice colors, and I really like the four-point flying pose since I don't think I've yet seen a pterosaur figure like that. Works well.

Nice Kentrosaurus, looks like a serious reversal of the sub-par, goofy quality Schleich has been putting into its recent dino sculpts. These two are on my list for sure, and now I can't wait to hear what else is coming out. More prehistoric mammals?? ANOTHER SHONISAURUS PLEASE?  :))

The new mini dinos are just kind of "meh". Not interesting.

Turret

Interested in seeing the others. I'm hoping for some prehistoric mammals and marine reptiles as well.
Btw what is that green theropod from the minis suposed to be? A raptor or allosaurus?

CityRaptor

According to Schleich it is a Velociraptor.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Takama

Rest of the Prehistorics for 2015

I am severely disappointed as there ALL creatures they already done

Dinosaurs
14542 Spinosaurus, purple
14543 Giganotosaurus, orange
14544 Therizinosaurus, small
14545 Tyrannosaurus Rex, small
14546 Velociraptor, small
14547 Carnotaurus, small
14548 Giganotosaurus, small
14549 Triceratops, small

Accesoires Dinosaurs
42256 Playset cave
42258 Watering place
42259 Velociraptor hunting
42260 At home of the herbivore
42261 Dinosaurset with cave

VIA STS

CityRaptor

Thank you for the Update!

Quote from: Takama on November 05, 2014, 07:05:41 PM
14542 Spinosaurus, purple
14543 Giganotosaurus, orange
Oh my, another ugly and inaccurate Spino and Giga from Schleich...guess tey decided to do that with all their Theropods now.

14544 Therizinosaurus, small
14545 Tyrannosaurus Rex, small
14546 Velociraptor, small
14547 Carnotaurus, small
14548 Giganotosaurus, small
14549 Triceratops, small

Likelyl a replacement for "Die kleinen Dinos".

42256 Playset cave
That would probably make more sense if they had Cavemen...

42258 Watering place
Likely a set with herbivores and carnivores...

42259 Velociraptor hunting
Either several Velociraptor variants packed together or one with prey...may have special colors.

42260 At home of the herbivore
Set with herbivores.

42261 Dinosaurset with cave
Like the title says.
Oh no

Dinoguy2

Something about that Kentrosaurus screams John Sibbick... have to check through my old dino books, I could swear the coloration and pose (including the angle used in the photo) is identical to one of his 1980s paintings...
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

Pachyrhinosaurus

Quote from: Dinoguy2 on November 06, 2014, 06:25:53 PM
Something about that Kentrosaurus screams John Sibbick... have to check through my old dino books, I could swear the coloration and pose (including the angle used in the photo) is identical to one of his 1980s paintings...
Found it:
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

CityRaptor

One needs to be registred there to look at pictures.

Also this quote by Schleich on Facebook
QuoteHey, teachers! If you're transporting your students to a prehistoric time period, our realistic dinosaur figurines can be used as a tool for teaching. Incorporate the prehistoric animals into your lesson plans and watch your students' imaginations soar! Or should we say "roar"?
NOPE!

Also can't find the new Dinosaurs.
Oh no

Takama

Quote from: FlorianHere are the other dinosaurs (the two first are in a normal size) and the other are not mini but "Klein"

I like the new spino :)

Really i am disappointed that Schleich is being lazy and just making multiple versions of Dinosaurs THEY ALREADY JUST MADE! They could of Called the New Giga a Mapusaurus, and the Spinosaur an Irritator. Of course it would be different if they retired the models that came before, but i don't see that happening acording to there retired list.

Im losing faith in this company.

postsaurischian

??? I wonder why the Kentrosaurus is so completely different ???.
I will get it and as usually I'm not interested at all in any of the others.

CityRaptor

Let's see:

Big:
Giga - basicaly their old Giga in another pose...
Spino - an actual improvement over the old Spino, but not good enough. The tail is also rather short and I'm not exactly sure what that pose is supposed to me?

Small:
A Green Therizino...how creative. I wonder where that idea come from. ::) Although it seems to fit the color switch theme of the others...
So the T.rex now spots the colors of the bigger  Giga, the Giga the colors of the bigger Carno, and the Carno and Trike decided that they would rather be in "Dinosaur King". ( The Carno does it better ) Also not sure if the Carno has just really small arms or no arms at all. The Raptor reminds me of this one:
Oh no

tyrantqueen

QuoteIm losing faith in this company.
Let's be honest...it's been a long time since anyone had any faith in them >:D

Gwangi

Quote from: tyrantqueen on November 07, 2014, 10:29:20 PM
QuoteIm losing faith in this company.
Let's be honest...it's been a long time since anyone had any faith in them >:D

You beat me to it but my thoughts exactly.

Hard to tell from the tiny photo but I might actually like the new Carnotaurus.

tyrantqueen

Where are the arms on the Carno?

Those scutes along the back remind of me the Invicta Tyrannosaurus rex.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: