You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

What's your biggest dino?

Started by Pinkamena, October 23, 2014, 11:00:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pinkamena

My largest is probably my Invicta diplodocus, at 22" long. I'd love the brachy too - I say that in the NHM shop when I was about eight, I remember it looked huge then, bigger than our cat, it seemed. I think time may have grown it in my imagination though! I've not seen one IRL since.

What's your biggest dino toy? Pics welcome  :D

Slowly running out of room...one toy at a time!

Invicta Wishlist (monochrome) - Plesiosaur, Mamenchisaurus, Dimetrodon, Muttaburrasaurus, Ichthyosaurm, Blue Whale 

DinoToyForum

This is a great question! I can't believe it hasn't come up before (maybe it did on version 1?).

My biggest dino must bee the WWD T. rex (plastic puppet).

Alexxitator

That would be my Papo Brachiosaurus in height. About 40 centimeters (15,5 inches). In length though it's my Carnegie/Safari Diplodocus at 56 centimeters (22 inches)
So Diplo is a winner here too :-)
To kill an error is as good a service as, and sometimes even better than, the establishing of a new truth or fact.
-Charles Darwin-

laticauda

I tend not to have the room (or money) for bigger figures so I tend to go small.  I would guess my old Carnegie Diplodocus. 

Pinkamena

Quote from: dinotoyforum on October 23, 2014, 11:14:29 PM
This is a great question! I can't believe it hasn't come up before (maybe it did on version 1?).

Not the full body puppet? Or a glove puppet?

After a Google - I didn't realise they released one! That's gone on my wishlist lol :D
Slowly running out of room...one toy at a time!

Invicta Wishlist (monochrome) - Plesiosaur, Mamenchisaurus, Dimetrodon, Muttaburrasaurus, Ichthyosaurm, Blue Whale 

Gwangi

Probably the Jurassic Park Tyrannosaurus by Kenner. You know, "Big Red".

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Pinkamena on October 23, 2014, 11:25:22 PM
Quote from: dinotoyforum on October 23, 2014, 11:14:29 PM

Not the full body puppet? Or a glove puppet?

After a Google - I didn't realise they released one! That's gone on my wishlist lol :D

No, not the full bodysuit! If I had one of those i'd wear it to work  :D

It is a glove puppet but not really. I can't fit my hand into it. I'll review it on the blog some day :)

CityRaptor

I have some big guys, most were gifts or I got them for cheap...
Revell Tyrannosaurus rex ( green re-issue of Aurora T. rex, was released in 1992 ) - Christmas gift
Geoword Trannosaurus skeleton ( that was way before they made the Jurassic series....tends to fall apart) - Christmas Gift
Dakin Jurassic Park Velociraptor - got her 75% off
The Lost World Bull T.rex - got him used
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Manatee

As both a new collector and one that (currently  >:D) doesn't have too much space, my largest is, as of right now, the new Carnegie Brachiosaurus.

DinoLord

Brachiosaurus

My biggest dines is the old Carnegie Brachiosaurus in the grey paint job, and she is we'll loved

tyrantqueen

The Kaiyodo Dinoland Elasmosaurus (probably because of the long neck), or the Shane Foulkes Acrocanthosaurus, which is 26 inches long.

Cool idea for a thread ;) What about the smallest?

DinoToyForum

Hynerpeton

Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

Pachyrhinosaurus

My current largest is a pre-1996 Carnegie brachiosaurus, but that will change once the Sideshow Stegosaurus comes in January.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Invicta Hunter

The largest one i have is my Dinoland Brachiosaurus.

sauroid

mine are the Favorite Co.'s large soft (literally) T. rex and Brachiosaurus. also the Pteranodon (length/wingspan wise)
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

amargasaurus cazaui

I have a few heavy hitters ...the Horizon Vinyl Brachiosaurus, which is like owning a medium size dog....the life size Scioponyx and Compsognathus from Desktop favorites, and the Revell Tyrannosaurus Rex, as well as the X Plus Albertosaurus and Styracosaurus, and the old vinyl Apatosaurus offered by Horizon I believe...all are huge pieces comparitively
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

paleoferroequine

Mine are a pair of Horizon Brachiosaurus, one which is seen here seen here with the Papo  Spinosaurus.

Arul

I have no space here...my biggest is just papo green running t rex  :)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: