News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

What's your smallest dino?

Started by Alexxitator, October 24, 2014, 12:23:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alexxitator

Feeling inspired by the bulky thread by Pinkamena I answer the call and created this one.
So what is your smallest dino?

I have been browsing my collection and came to the conclusion that it is NOT one of my Kaiyodo's that wins the title. It is an unfinished model I am making of a Leptoceratops baby to go with the entire family I am sculpting. It is about 3 centimeters, so 1,2 inch or so. Inspired by the little Safari Lepto I bought from Roselaar. (By far not my smallest guy)

So what's yours?
To kill an error is as good a service as, and sometimes even better than, the establishing of a new truth or fact.
-Charles Darwin-

tyrantqueen

It's an ammonite, Pravitoceras, by Eric Thorson. It's about 4cm long and 3cm high.

DinoLord

The Ankylosaurus and Triceratops from my Krentz 1/144 Hell Creek Shapeways set are probably my smallest.

Hynerpeton

A pre Dino i don't know the name.
Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

Pachyrhinosaurus

Mine are the Good Luck Mini Brachiosaurus and stegosaurus. (Ironically those two genera are my largest as well  :P)
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

laticauda

I think my old little SRG brontosaurus beats out all my Kaiyodo's!  Though I could be wrong.  Great now I am going to spend the next couple of hours figuring out which is the smallest. ;)

Arul

Nebuloid

This guy is probably my smallest:

Or this one, more robot than dinosaur but hey...

Brachiosaurus

Collecta Koreaceratops family for me

Alexxitator

To kill an error is as good a service as, and sometimes even better than, the establishing of a new truth or fact.
-Charles Darwin-

CityRaptor

Mine are Safari Good Luck Minis I own. Tyrannosaurus ( who is also among my biggest ), Stegosaurus, Brachiosaurus, Apatosaurus.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Brachiosaurus

Quote from: Alexxitator on October 24, 2014, 01:52:23 PM
Quote from: Brachiosaurus on October 24, 2014, 01:26:13 PM
Collecta Koreaceratops family for me

Oohh still want that one!

I know only one place that sells collecta, its called the Dinosaur Place. Its Connecticut.

pascosaur

Shapeways Velociraptors by David Krentz or the Archaeopteryx from the Tamiya mesozoic creatures set.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Everything_Dinosaur on October 24, 2014, 03:36:19 PM
You're all too keen, thought you might copy and paste - we left one new replica out of the list deliberately, but we have it up on our Facebook page now inserted into the list.

It would be great if you gave the Everything Dinosaur Facebook page a "like" and don't forget to enter the free contest to win a signed copy of "Dinosaurs of the British Isles" if you have not done so already.

Without giving too much away, there are definitely one or two "firsts" in these new additions... wait for the pics and you will see what we mean.

The full list on Facebook here: Our Facebook Page
I don't understand what this has to do with small dinosaurs. Am I missing something? :-\

DinoToyForum

Quote from: tyrantqueen on October 24, 2014, 06:04:11 PM
Quote from: Everything_Dinosaur on October 24, 2014, 03:36:19 PM
You're all too keen, thought you might copy and paste - we left one new replica out of the list deliberately, but we have it up on our Facebook page now inserted into the list.

It would be great if you gave the Everything Dinosaur Facebook page a "like" and don't forget to enter the free contest to win a signed copy of "Dinosaurs of the British Isles" if you have not done so already.

Without giving too much away, there are definitely one or two "firsts" in these new additions... wait for the pics and you will see what we mean.

The full list on Facebook here: Our Facebook Page
I don't understand what this has to do with small dinosaurs. Am I missing something? :-\

I guess it was a mispost in error, I have deleted it.  C:-)

DinoToyForum

Here are my four smallest figures.  ^-^ They somehow look big in my tiny hands!

Plesiosaurus by Schleich minis (purple)
Plesiosaurus from unknown company (blue and black)
Elasmosaurus ( I think - the leaflet is in Japanese) by Epoch Co Ltd. (spotted)
Palaeontologist(!) (holding a dinosaur bone) by Micromachines/Galoob

Pawnosuchus

I have a very small Archeopteryx that came from a model set called Mesozoic Creatures. I can't recall the Manufacturer.

stargatedalek

my smallest would be the safari good luck minis tyrannosaurus

Roselaar

My tiniest figures are the cute minis (I don't remember the company) seen below:

JakobVicent

My smallest figure would have to be safari field museum torosaurus.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: