News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

M

List of figures to be released in 2015

Started by Manatee, October 25, 2014, 01:10:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sauroid

i'd like to see a rutting bull Muttaburrasaurus from any company (CollectA's looks like a female)
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Arul

Hope papo will release their new dino figure soon, im worried they have no a new dino figure in 2015, is that possible ?

DinoLord

Papo's dinosaurs sell pretty well; I'd be surprised if they didn't release any for next year.

suspsy

Yes, the real question (well, one of them) regarding Papo is: are they going to give us 2-3 small dinosaurs like in the past couple of years, or one BIG Dino?
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Blade-of-the-Moon

My guess with Papo is a couple medium pieces or one medium/one small. I've heard the Brachiosaur didn't sell as well as they would have liked so I'm not sure we'd get another big one so soon.

Not a dinosaur, but I'm actually hoping they do a Smaug-based figure from The Hobbit..it will likely be called something else but the detail and price would be well worth it.

Everything_Dinosaur

Don't be too sure about Papo falling out of love with big figures...

CityRaptor

You know something?

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on November 10, 2014, 01:18:50 AM
Not a dinosaur, but I'm actually hoping they do a Smaug-based figure from The Hobbit..it will likely be called something else but the detail and price would be well worth it.

Well, they already have Non-Sauron and a Non-Nazgul, haven't they?
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: Daspletodave on November 08, 2014, 01:55:37 PM
I've got the (adult) Para from Papo, as well as the Battat, Favorite and Schliech versions. Didn't care for the Collecta, Carnegie or Bullyland versions. Don't know why the toy companies act as if Parasaurolophus was the only duckbill dinosaur that existed.
I'd love to see someone do a decent Corythosaurus, Edmontosaurus, Brachylophosaurus, Shantungosaurus, or Prosaurolophus.
I think personnally the Carnegie Corythosaurus is perhaps one of the all time best dinosaurs Forest Rogers has ever sculpted hands down. The pose, lines and proportions of the model just flow nicely....I have versions signed by her, and also repainted and based by Martin, and a standard issue as well because of this..not as fond of their Parasaur, agreed.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

suspsy

Quote from: Everything_Dinosaur on November 10, 2014, 08:44:41 AM

Hmmm...Apatosaurus?

Concavenator

Quote from: suspsy on November 10, 2014, 06:06:09 PM

Hmmm...Apatosaurus?
That's my guess as well.I personally think Papo's 2015 lineup will be :Ceratosaurus,Apatosaurus and Therizinosaurus.

tyrantqueen

The only species I can hazard a guess for is possibly a baby Stegosaurus, like the one in Lost World. Aside from that, it could be anything.

DinoG

Run!

Centrosaur86

I say a Giganotosaurus for 2015! I see it as a hint of Everything Dinosaur.. There comes a big dino model of papo!  8)

ProSauropod

Papo does excellent work in conveying an "aliveness" to their releases ....... I would love to see them start doing big Sauropods.  I have almost 70 different ones, not counting the resin stuff.  Unfortunately, the poses are pretty much the same (with the awesome exception of rearing).  I think Papo could do something different with a big Sauropod that isn't Brachiosaurus.  I've resigned myself to all Brachiosauruses being the same upright pose, like all Smilodons being some version of Charles Knight's canonical image  ::)

CityRaptor

You know, they are all coughing up hairballs. Although did that not stop? Modern Smilodon figures have different poses with their heads facing forwards. And the new Carnegi Brachio has a different pose, too.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

DinoG

C'mon give us some more clues!!!!
Run!

suspsy

Who else is itching to see what Papo has in store for next year already? Seriously, the suspense is killing me! Plus I need to budget!

sauroid

Quote from: suspsy on November 28, 2014, 12:39:11 AM
Who else is itching to see what Papo has in store for next year already? Seriously, the suspense is killing me! Plus I need to budget!
practically everyone here (even the known Papo haters i'm sure)
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Brontozaurus

I'm probably going to get a fair few of the collectas, plus the schleich kentrosaurus. While I'd love to get safari or battat they don't stock them in this country so I can't without getting them online.

Also, what's the deal with all the love for Nasutoceratops? Not that it's a bad thing, I'm just a little mystified about it's sudden popularity. We're getting three figures of it this year, and it recently got added to the Jurassic Park Builder mobile game as well. If Papo weren't so fixated on popular dinosaurs I'd bet that they'd give us one too.

I'll probably get the CollectA one to go with the Utahceratops and Kosmoceratops, since they were all contemporaries.
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

Arul

November almost over and no sign of papo, maybe desember...is that possible if papo will announce their new figure in 2015 ?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: