News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Battat - New for 2015

Started by DinoLord, October 25, 2014, 11:16:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinomike

Quote from: loru1588 on March 16, 2015, 03:48:38 AM
Quote from: Concavenator on March 14, 2015, 10:41:02 PM
Any pics of the Nasutoceratops?We're in March already.
Not that it's a bad thing.
Got a bit delayed due to radiation treatments. Should have paint master finished this week. Tomorrow will actually be a sunny day in the high 40's so I'll be inspired!! Broke the all time snow record for a winter in Boston today 108+ inches so far. All the new snow should all be melted by tomorrow.

If you don't mind me asking - what are the radiation treatments for?
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

postsaurischian

Quote from: Dinomike on March 16, 2015, 06:08:03 AM
If you don't mind me asking - what are the radiation treatments for?

Next to operation and cytotoxic therapy the radiation therapy is the third mainstay to give therapy to cancer in modern medicine.

Dan, I hope you respond well to the radiation treatment. I know how tough it can be. I'm wishing you the very best!

sauroid

get well soon Mr. LoRusso. a lot of people love and need you.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

docronnie

Try watching comedy shows and movies. We'll keep you in our prayers. :D
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

loru1588

I've been dealing with Multiple Myeloma for almost 4 years now. It's a blood cancer that creates a protein that sucks the calcium out of your bones. This was initially discovered when I broke my back moving a small piece of furniture. 3 compression fractures and I am now 4" shorter than I was 4 years ago!  Late last year a few "hot spots" showed up in CT scans. One on my sacrum, a rib and my C-1. In January I was simply turning my head while parallel parking and heard & felt a loud SNAP! Didn't think too much about it because there was no pain. 4 days later I was rushed to the ER to find my C-1 had broken. The radiation is to destroy the tumor that has weakened the bone. Hopefully the bone will start growing back and in 6 months or so I won't have to wear this neck brace 24 x 7. I REALLY don't want surgery! They'd have to attach a plate to my skull and run 2 rods parallel to my neck and attach them to C-2, C-3, & C-4 giving me VERY limited range of motion! Thanks for the well wishes everyone! This has slowed me down, but it won't stop me!!

Dobber

Wow, I'm really sorry to hear that but good for you for staying positive. I'll keep you in my prayers

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Dinomike

Sorry to hear Dan! I wish you all the best and strenght to fight the cancer! You are and amazing sculptor and a loved member of the DTF!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Gwangi

That sounds like an absolute nightmare, but here you are living with it and still doing what you love. Truly inspiring! Makes me appreciate your models that much more.

tyrantqueen

I have a relative who is terminally ill with cancer. It's very distressing for everyone involved. I hope one day we will find a cure for this terrible disease in all its forms. Glad to hear you're not letting it stand in your way.

Georassic

Prayers and best wishes, Dan! #BostonStrong

John

I hope you get better soon Dan. :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Concavenator

Dan,I hope your health improves .Luck  :)

loru1588

Thanks for all the well wishes everyone!! This is something that will never go away. I have to do my best with chemo and such to keep it in check. My Drs are great and we monitor my blood monthly to see where the levels are at. As long as they are in the acceptable range and my kidneys continue to function, I'm good.

Albertosaurus

Hey Dan! Keep positive! Nowadays medicine keeps improving faster and faster and doctors are way more experienced! You´ll be ok!

Sim

Dan!  You're inspiring in how you deal with very difficult things so well, and you still manage to do what you want to do!  The dinosaur models you make are inspiring too!  I look forward to more pictures / new releases of Battat dinosaurs!  I hope for the best for you! :)

Meso-Cenozoic

Wow, Dan, I had known you were dealing with some health issues, but I never dreamed it was anything like this. Sending positive thoughts and prayers your way. Keep up your positive attitude! That can also be very healing.

Bokisaurus

Sorry to hear that, get well soon, take care.

Uroplatus

Hi everybody, does any of you guy's know if the first 4 releases of the Battat Terra series are still available in Target stores in the US ?

I will be travelling there next month and i would like to pick these guys up, but i don't feel very confident i am going to find them when i'm there...

Thanks in advance. :)

DinoLord

Quote from: Uroplatus on March 23, 2015, 11:33:21 AM
Hi everybody, does any of you guy's know if the first 4 releases of the Battat Terra series are still available in Target stores in the US ?

I will be travelling there next month and i would like to pick these guys up, but i don't feel very confident i am going to find them when i'm there...

Thanks in advance. :)

I don't see any reason why not. I haven't been to a Target myself in a while, but they were very readily available when I did go last fall.

Dinosaurana

Just checked this weekend, and they still had the 2014 ones at my local one. Good luck finding the Dacenturus though, as it's a wee bit rare in my neck of the woods.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: