News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR 1:35 Tyrannosaurus rex museum class replica official photos updated!

Started by REBOR_STUDIO, October 30, 2014, 04:46:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Johannes on December 29, 2014, 03:19:39 PM
Quote from: Rathalosaurus on December 29, 2014, 11:00:33 AM
What do you mean exactly with ''binocular vision''?

I may be wrong, but I think that with the boxiness of this model's head (with its broad snout) and almost totally sideways facing eyes (imagine a pigeon), this model does not really represent how a real life Tyrannosaurus head would look. Like this, it would have very little to no binocular vision. I assume a real Tyrannosaurus had more forward-facing eyes that would easily look forward because the snout would be narrower (imagine an eagle or a vulture).

I would say the newer Sideshow Rex has this feature :

It's a pretty difficult thing to wrap your head around as a sculptor, took me a few revisions when doing our T-Rex.

Tyrant Lizard Queen

Blade how much time it took you to make that T-Rex in your Park? Looks awesome..  8)

Rathalosaurus

I may be wrong, but I think that with the boxiness of this model's head (with its broad snout) and almost totally sideways facing eyes (imagine a pigeon), this model does not really represent how a real life Tyrannosaurus head would look. Like this, it would have very little to no binocular vision. I assume a real Tyrannosaurus had more forward-facing eyes that would easily look forward because the snout would be narrower (imagine an eagle or a vulture).

Ah! Now it is totally clear for me.
Dude, I very like Dinos and I cannot understand those who don't.

JohannesB

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 29, 2014, 05:20:04 PM

I would say the newer Sideshow Rex has this feature :

It's a pretty difficult thing to wrap your head around as a sculptor, took me a few revisions when doing our T-Rex.

Congratulations on your hard work. It looks magnificent.

JohannesB

Quote from: Rathalosaurus on December 29, 2014, 07:55:25 PM

Ah! Now it is totally clear for me.

Blade-of-the-Moon's post with the Sideshow Tyrannosaurus makes it very clear too :-)

tyrantqueen

QuoteCongratulations on your hard work. It looks magnificent.
He didn't sculpt the SS T.rex. It was created by Jorge Blanco.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 29, 2014, 09:54:58 PM

Right, right, I just mentioned ours because I had such a difficult time with the eye placement myself.  Jorge's piece there pretty well shows the right way to do it.

Now for those interested this is our T-Rex :

His eyes do face forward:

JohannesB

Thanks for setting that straight.

JohannesB

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 29, 2014, 11:40:46 PM

Right, right, I just mentioned ours because I had such a difficult time with the eye placement myself.  Jorge's piece there pretty well shows the right way to do it.

Congratulations. It looks magnificent :-)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Johannes on December 30, 2014, 12:28:13 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 29, 2014, 11:40:46 PM

Congratulations. It looks magnificent :-)

Thank you! :)

petebuster1

I cant believe some of the ridiculous comments about the new rebor dinosaurs, comparing them to the papo toys and going on about the lack of feathers ::) Ive been waiting for years for a company to produce high quality models at a reasonable price and finally one has come along. When it come to accuracy its still a bit of conjecture as we're never going to see a living specimen to compare to so i think these wanna be Paleontologists should bear this in mind and as far as i'm aware Rebor are basing their models on some kind of evidence.
At last something that's equally as good as sideshow but without the ridiculous prices, i bought the first two for £80 and are easily worth that, if that's expensive to you then i can only assume your still at school and don't earn anything yet. In which case your better off buying the papa toys which are nowhere near the same quality.
Look forward to many more to come.

SpittersForEver

Quote from: petebuster1 on December 30, 2014, 11:00:55 AM
I cant believe some of the ridiculous comments about the new rebor dinosaurs, comparing them to the papo toys and going on about the lack of feathers ::) Ive been waiting for years for a company to produce high quality models at a reasonable price and finally one has come along. When it come to accuracy its still a bit of conjecture as we're never going to see a living specimen to compare to so i think these wanna be Paleontologists should bear this in mind and as far as i'm aware Rebor are basing their models on some kind of evidence.
At last something that's equally as good as sideshow but without the ridiculous prices, i bought the first two for £80 and are easily worth that, if that's expensive to you then i can only assume your still at school and don't earn anything yet. In which case your better off buying the papa toys which are nowhere near the same quality.

I'm not sure about that, although REBOR models are good (I can't wait for the 2015 range) they are not near the accuracy, amazing paint jobs and sculpts of Sideshow.

Tyrant Lizard Queen

Quote from: SpittersForEver on December 30, 2014, 11:05:49 AM

I'm not sure about that, although REBOR models are good (I can't wait for the 2015 range) they are not near the accuracy, amazing paint jobs and sculpts of Sideshow.
I would disagree. I own three Sideshow models (two of them are T-Rexes) and I can tell you that there are also many innacuracies with them, especially on Spino statue. When it comes to detail and sculpting - the details are simply stunning on REBOR models. Same with the paint job and attention to all the little things (every single review that I've seen confirms that too).

As for price - it's more than fair. You are pretty much getting a Sideshow quality model (pretty Close) and it's not ridiculiously overpriced. Whoever compared it to Papo probably dont even own one. Plus Papo's are toys, while Rebor's, just like SS, are Statues that are only meant for display purpose.

If you ask me - 70$ is nowhere to be an overprice for such stunning museum quality replica. Atleast its not 350-500$ lol. Right now REBOR is the closest manufacturer to SS on the market, BUT with fair price and brilliant sculpting.

SpittersForEver

Quote from: Tyrant Lizard Queen on December 30, 2014, 11:58:07 AM
Quote from: SpittersForEver on December 30, 2014, 11:05:49 AM

I would disagree. I own three Sideshow models (two of them are T-Rexes) and I can tell you that there are also many innacuracies with them, especially on Spino statue. When it comes to detail and sculpting - the details are simply stunning on REBOR models. Same with the paint job and attention to all the little things (every single review that I've seen confirms that too).

As for price - it's more than fair. You are pretty much getting a Sideshow quality model (pretty Close) and it's not ridiculiously overpriced. Whoever compared it to Papo probably dont even own one. Plus Papo's are toys, while Rebor's, just like SS, are Statues that are only meant for display purpose.

If you ask me - 70$ is nowhere to be an overprice for such stunning museum quality replica. Atleast its not 350-500$ lol. Right now REBOR is the closest manufacturer to SS on the market, BUT with fair price and brilliant sculpting.

Well so far I haven't bought any REBOR models, I'm waiting for 2015 where hopefully they will release some better figures (not saying the current ones are that bad).

Paleogene Pals

Tyrant Lizard Queen

@Spitters - better at what? Their latest T-Rex looks spectacular in many ways. Do you mean other dinos? Because if you talk about quality - i think its already superb.

SpittersForEver

Quote from: Tyrant Lizard Queen on December 30, 2014, 01:36:32 PM
@Spitters - better at what? Their latest T-Rex looks spectacular in many ways. Do you mean other dinos? Because if you talk about quality - i think its already superb.

I mean more accurate.

Tyrant Lizard Queen

Quote from: SpittersForEver on December 30, 2014, 01:47:00 PM

I mean more accurate.
I could agree at some degree ( yutyrannus should have been fully feathered), but their T-Rex is infact pretty accurate replica if you take a look at it's anatomy. I made comparison pics of a real skull and Rebor's head sculpt. You can take a look in "Top 10 tyrannosaurus toys" thread's last page.

Now if REBOR only made Deinosuchus replica... OH MY!

SpittersForEver

Quote from: Tyrant Lizard Queen on December 30, 2014, 02:14:52 PM
Quote from: SpittersForEver on December 30, 2014, 01:47:00 PM

I mean more accurate.
I could agree at some degree ( yutyrannus should have been fully feathered), but their T-Rex is infact pretty accurate replica if you take a look at it's anatomy. I made comparison pics of a real skull and Rebor's head sculpt. You can take a look in "Top 10 tyrannosaurus toys" thread's last page.

Now if REBOR only made Deinosuchus replica... OH MY!

That would be cool and hard to do though I suppose there are lots of crocodiles around today that they could look at to get some of the things correct. I would like a Thylacine with a nice base from them if they are gonna do mammals.

petebuster1

They say they are bringing out at least 5 a year so should be able to satisfy most

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: