News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR 1:35 Tyrannosaurus rex museum class replica official photos updated!

Started by REBOR_STUDIO, October 30, 2014, 04:46:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrant Lizard Queen

Quote from: TJ_Terrorsaur on December 23, 2014, 09:36:39 PM
Also still no sign of my T-Rex. My mom got him for me as the only thing I wanted from her, and while I know my husband has probably gone crazy with buying me dinosaur stuff, I can't lie and say I'm not very upset that my Rex might not make it before the holidays.

I probably won't be on until the 26th most likely...so Happy Holidays Everyone! ^_^ I hope you have a "Roaring" good time and that Santa and his team of raptors/wooly rhinos bring you lots of good stuff.  ;D
I feel your pain, Terrosaur. When I got back from work, I checked my mail box and there was a note that my package is in the local mail center. However that note was put in my mailbox one day before I found it and today the mail isn't working as it's too late right now. Unfortunatelly tomorrow, after tommorow and till 27th - nobody's working. Which means that I will get my T-Rex on 27th at earlest ;<

TJ_Terrorsaur

Quote from: Tyrant Lizard Queen on December 23, 2014, 10:08:18 PM
Also still no sign of my T-Rex. My mom got him for me as the only thing I wanted from her, and while I know my husband has probably gone crazy with buying me dinosaur stuff, I can't lie and say I'm not very upset that my Rex might not make it before the holidays.

I probably won't be on until the 26th most likely...so Happy Holidays Everyone! ^_^ I hope you have a "Roaring" good time and that Santa and his team of raptors/wooly rhinos bring you lots of good stuff.  ;D
I feel your pain, Terrosaur. When I got back from work, I checked my mail box and there was a note that my package is in the local mail center. However that note was put in my mailbox one day before I found it and today the mail isn't working as it's too late right now. Unfortunatelly tomorrow, after tommorow and till 27th - nobody's working. Which means that I will get my T-Rex on 27th at earlest ;<

Cr*p I'm so sorry. I wished I at least got one of those notes so I would have some piece of mind. Can you maybe go get it tomorrow. The post is running tomorrow early, so perhaps I thought maybe yours would be too. I'm sorry the Post Office is holding your Rex hostage. *Hugs*

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: ignite444 on December 23, 2014, 06:28:19 PM
Quote from: thelordsgym on December 23, 2014, 10:55:38 AM
Well I believe someone said it was "too expensive" and were judging it as a toy, like Papo....but yes kinda like the X-plus figures in material except its not hollow like those. So what I am saying it deserves to be treated as a Model/Statue not a toy, and thus its price is indeed justified. Oh and on another note, someone else mentioned earlier that the lower jaw was extremely tough to open, and they weren't kidding. I almost needed the jaws of life to pull it open....almost!  :P

I'm the one who mentioned it, lol. The Jaws of Life to open a jaw, how ironic. But yeah, it was like trying to pry open a clam with just your fingers...

I wonder if a little heat from a hairdryer would loosen it up enough for others?

Paleogene Pals

TLQ, sure, sure, we are all allowed our opinions. And as you can see, there are many on here who will offer a happy home for your rex.  ^-^  I'd take him, but the new SS rex wouldn't like it.  :'(

Paleogene Pals

ignite444

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 23, 2014, 05:38:18 PM
Quote from: TJ_Terrorsaur on December 23, 2014, 07:55:59 AM
Small update: King Rex is still not in the building. 

I have to say Blade I really REALLY wanna visit your park! :D Texas isn't too terribly far from Tennessee. :)

Not too far, my cousin goes to school in TX, he drove in for the holidays..stopped once along the way.  If you do, plan a trip of everything between here and there..so many museums and dino related places to visit!

Sweet. I'd love a huge dinosaur vacation. I went to the Boston Museum of Science whilst on vacation with my husband and there we met "Cliff" the Triceratops (the guy in my avatar). So that was really cool.

Also still no sign of my T-Rex. My mom got him for me as the only thing I wanted from her, and while I know my husband has probably gone crazy with buying me dinosaur stuff, I can't lie and say I'm not very upset that my Rex might not make it before the holidays. I really hope something hasn't happened to it. I also don't want to 'have' to buy another one should this one actually be lost. She already spent nearly $80 buying it from ED (if I did my math right) and Dan's Dinos is selling it for the same price. If I have to I will use my Xmas money there...but, shoot that's a lot of money between the both of us.  :(  I REALLY like this guy so I will admit he is worth it.

You kidding me? It's still not here? Man. >.>
My Latest Review: Rebor King T-Rex

JohannesB

Thanks to Everything Dinosaur! (I love your service.) My Rebor 'King T-rex' has arrived in the nick of time before Christmas. It will go under the Christmas tree :-)

JohannesB

Tyrant Lizard Queen

Gorgeous. Im still waiting for mine... 27th just can't come quick enough.

JohannesB

Quote from: Tyrant Lizard Queen on December 25, 2014, 12:13:29 PM
Gorgeous. Im still waiting for mine... 27th just can't come quick enough.

I know how you feel. But I think it is worth the wait and you will not be disappointed. I think it is a beautiful toy model statuette.

Arul

Tyrant Lizard Queen

JohannesB

Tyrant Lizard Queen

Quote from: Johannes on December 25, 2014, 03:12:37 PM
Quote from: Tyrant Lizard Queen on December 25, 2014, 02:01:54 PM
Johanes - how heavy is it, in terms of kg?

The model itself weighs 602 grams, the stand 54 grams. :-)
Thank you!

Here's another review. I just can't believe how amazing it looks and yet I still haven't got mine  :-[
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqL_nP6GHZA

JohannesB

Quote from: Tyrant Lizard Queen on December 26, 2014, 01:11:49 PM

Thank you!

You're quite welcome. It is a nice and hefty little statue. The only real 'issue' I have with this model, is that it doesn't have binocular vision at all. (And Tyrannosaurus rex did have binocular vision - heck, even the Tyrannosaurus in Jurassic Park had binocular vision, if I remember correctly  :P)

TJ_Terrorsaur

He got here! Oh My Gosh he is finally here! :D I got him yesterday from my mail man who knew exactly what I was waiting for, and handed it to me along with my box that contained my Godzilla ornament. ^_^ I haven't gotten him out of his box yet as I've been swamped doing other things but I'm very eager to see him. Oh- and his name is Speinthurjun, it's dovah for Late Overlord (substituting for Tyrant) King.

Rathalosaurus

Quote from: Johannes on December 26, 2014, 05:11:07 PM
Quote from: Tyrant Lizard Queen on December 26, 2014, 01:11:49 PM

Thank you!

You're quite welcome. It is a nice and hefty little statue. The only real 'issue' I have with this model, is that it doesn't have binocular vision at all. (And Tyrannosaurus rex did have binocular vision - heck, even the Tyrannosaurus in Jurassic Park had binocular vision, if I remember correctly  :P)

What do you mean exactly with ''binocular vision''?
Dude, I very like Dinos and I cannot understand those who don't.

kreativtek

I have been thinking of getting a Sideshow statuette, but I've changed my mind after reading your fantastic reviews of Rebor's T-rex. I will get it or maybe wait for the feathered Utahraptor that should be released as soon as next year. Thank you!

Edit:

Oh, I almost forgot. Johannes, what a beautiful picture you've posted here. The colours are amazing!

JohannesB

Quote from: kreativtek on December 29, 2014, 12:30:02 PM
I have been thinking of getting a Sideshow statuette, but I've changed my mind after reading your fantastic reviews of Rebor's T-rex. I will get it or maybe wait for the feathered Utahraptor that should be released as soon as next year. Thank you!

Edit:

Oh, I almost forgot. Johannes, what a beautiful picture you've posted here. The colours are amazing!

Thanks for the compliment. I tried to keep the colors as they are in real life, but it did not work out as great as I had hoped (hastily making a quite amateristic set-up, using different light sources with different color temperatures it was bound to become a bit messy, which is not easy to correct with any photo-editing software). Anyhow, it worked out nice enough I guess.

JohannesB

Quote from: Rathalosaurus on December 29, 2014, 11:00:33 AM
What do you mean exactly with ''binocular vision''?

I may be wrong, but I think that with the boxiness of this model's head (with its broad snout) and almost totally sideways facing eyes (imagine a pigeon), this model does not really represent how a real life Tyrannosaurus head would look. Like this, it would have very little to no binocular vision. I assume a real Tyrannosaurus had more forward-facing eyes that would easily look forward because the snout would be narrower (imagine an eagle or a vulture).

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: