News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

How to rock a comic book -Excelsior True Believers-Showcase Your comics !!!

Started by amargasaurus cazaui, November 02, 2014, 12:19:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amargasaurus cazaui

The idea for this thread first took root when I learned fellow member Helge is a serious comic book Afficionado.I have kept and  maintained a rather extensive collection I assembled back in the mid to late eighties through early nineties. In that space and time you could purchase many of the key first Marvel and Dcc comics issues, in decent grades for prices that did not rival real estate purchases. As with the dinosaurs in the forum, the comic book collecting group each have their own specialized skill set for collecting..be it golden age books, silver age books, Marvel comics, or perhaps by characters like the X-Men, or Wolverine. My own special niche tended towards historically significant first issues, appearances and comics written, or drawn by favorite artist and creator, Jack Kirby. He is called "Jack the King Kirby" by many and was the original creator or artist for so many of the icons you see in movies today, from Captain America, in the 1940's to Incredible Hulk, Thor, Iron Man, X-men, Fantastic four and so many others. Working alongside Stan Lee, this pairing resulted in an entire universe of characters that even today are mainstream movie fodder.
   Recently I was able to take a few hours and visit my safely hidden Safety deposit box and take some pictures of the stars of my collection. I keep all of the books pictured in a safety deposit box for obvious reasons. When I purchased these books they were a hobby, nowdays with the prices associated with them, it is akin to handling real estate. Sometimes when I mention these books I get that knowing look and nod, meaning they do not believe I could own such ..so I took along a friend to help me with the project . Enjoy and Excelsior !!!! 

First up is one of the harder to get silver age keys, Incredible Hulk #1, drawn and written by Jack Kirby. This book is perhaps my favorite as the splash page is hand signed by the king himself. Sadly we lost Jack Kirby around twenty years ago.

Next up we have Tales of Suspense #39, the origin and introduction of Iron Man. Never intended as a super-hero title, this character caught on and quickly become the star of this title. His original armor was found to be frightening to children, hence the more modernistic and streamlined look Iron Man would become known for.

Another Jack Kirby work, the original first Issue of the Avengers. This is another of my better books, as noted by the grade of F/VF  In this condition and given the sequel coming, nothing but solid gold here.

Another title that has become legend..the original first issue of X-men....again drawn by Jack Kirby

Daredevil #1, Marvel comics response to Batman.....his first appearance and origin.

This one is in rough shape, but it is the first issue of Spider Man...and even in this condition is very spendy.

Watch for this book to explode in price the coming year...the first Appearance of Ant-Man, soon to be a major Marvel Movie . This is arguably another of the key marvels that is very hard to locate.....originally was destined to be a science fiction story, but the idea caught on and soon became another super-hero .

Secomd issue of the original X-men in very high grade....VF-/F+  Jack Kirby artwork again.

The comic that launched the Marvel kingdom, Fantastic Four #1, another Jack Kirby work. Another book that even in low grade is quite .......spendy.

A Marvel classic....Journey into Mystery # 112, classic battle between Thor and Hulk. In this epic Thor throws his hammer at Hulk who is then able to lift it and return the favor. Those who were able to see the first Avengers movie might have noted that in the battle scene between Thor and Hulk, Hulk was unable to lift the mallet this time. That single scene set off more controversy than the entire rest of the movie seemingly.

This issue reprints Captain America's origin, for the first time since the 1940's making it a serious key.

One of my favorite silver-age covers......

This book dates to the late fifties and is technically considered a golden age book, however it s the first Appearance and origin of the silver age green Lantern, Hal Jordan. 

In 1992 I was at the Dallas Fantasy Fair and met former DC comics editor Julius Schwartz. This man was almost single handedly responsible for resurrecting all of the golden age heroes into the silver age...ie Flash, Green Lantern, Atom, etc. I asked him to sign the first page of the Showcase issue pictured..... we lost Julius Schwartz as well since then, sadly. Another serious book with a serious autograph.

A few very high grade Justice League issues from the 60's.

High grade first issue of Spectre #1, again from the silver age. Most new titles in this time period were not numbered on the cover, in the hope new readers might purchase it assuming it is an ongoing title. The first issue of green lantern for instance suffers from this same issue.Also many characters were introduced into other titles, and the numbering was retained once the comic became a regular release featuring that character. For instance Iron Man was introduced into Tales of Suspense #39...which ran to 99 issues, with the last 43 issues being shared with Captain America. When this title ended readers were finally treated to Iron Man #1 and Captain America continued the numbering, starting with issue #100. The original Hulk title was such a poor seller that it lased six issues before being stopped. Subsequently the Hulk became a guest star in titles like Fanatastic Four, and Avengers before becoming an alternating feature in Tales to Astonish alongside Ant-man. Tales to Astonish ran for 101 issues and then ended...issue 102 was called...the Incredible Hulk and Ant Man was given a slot in the Avengers on a regular basis.

Another super key issue here, this is Giant Size X-men #1 from the summer of 1975. First appearance of the new X team, which includes Nightcrawler, Colossus, Storm and Thundercloud. Second appearance of Wolverine.

This book is perhaps not a key itself, but Iron Man #14 in 9.6 grade as certified by CGS is pretty solid.

Journey into Mystery #103, the first Appearance of the Enchantress and Executioner...Kirby work and super clean book

Tales of Suspense #51, The first appearance of the Black Widow, Natasha Romanoff. This one has quietly become a super key issue.

Incredible Hulk #102, the start of the modern day run of Incredible hulk, and in super clean condition as well.

This one is close to dead mint and is an issue of #28 Turok Son of Stone....golden age.

Very pretty copy of Iron Man#6, and CGC certified . One of my favorite silver age covers.......

Silver age Green Lantern #1....make note of the missing issue number. This character was introduced into Showcase 22, 23 and 24 before being given his own title with this issue.

X-Men #94, the first regular issue of the title featuring the new Line-up introduced in Giant Size one...this book is high demand, hard to find and even tougher in nice condition because the black cover shows each tiny staple crease as the book gains wear. Mine is close to NM/VF

Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Paleogene Pals

Very cool! Awesome collection. I would say a walk down memory lane. But, being born in 1972, I missed out on all the Silver- and Golden-age stuff.  :'(

postsaurischian

:D Some real treasures here. I would have been really shocked if I hadn't known before ;).
Avengers #1 in F/VF :o ..... Envy!!!! Jack chose a good spot for his signature on Hulk #1 ..... Envy!!!! Tales of Suspense #39 in VG ..... Envy!!!! Daredevil #1 & Tales to Astonish #27 :'( ...... my Daredevil & Ant-Man collections are complete, except for these two issues.

Love how the Psittacosaurs are staring at the books :D.

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on November 02, 2014, 12:19:20 PM
*Picture blocked - Photobucket SUCKS!!!*

Here it seems Psittaco-Man was helping Iron-Man by letting off a Godzilla-like laser beam at the Crimson Dynamo ;D.

I should also take pics of some of my favourite books and show them.
Would it be allowed to show some early bronze agers as well?

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: postsaurischian on November 04, 2014, 08:10:02 AM
:D Some real treasures here. I would have been really shocked if I hadn't known before ;).
Avengers #1 in F/VF :o ..... Envy!!!! Jack choose a good spot for his signature on Hulk #1 ..... Envy!!!! Tales of Suspense #39 in VG ..... Envy!!!! Daredevil #1 & Tales to Astonish #27 :'( ...... my Daredevil & Ant-Man collections are complete, except for these two issues.

Love how the Psittacosaurs are staring at the books :D.

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on November 02, 2014, 12:19:20 PM

Here it seems Psittaco-Man was helping Iron-Man by letting off a Godzilla-like laser beam at the Crimson Dynamo ;D.

I should also take pics of some of my favourite books and show them.
Would it be allowed to show some early bronze agers as well?
Helge I made this thread especially for and with you in mind, and knowing your love for vintage comic books, so you share whatever you want to share and as much as you like. I would love to see your treasures and favorites as well....
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

amargasaurus cazaui

postsaurischian

No, I did not forget "our" topic, I just didn't find the time to get some books out and take pictures.

But this weekend I managed to spend some time with the comicbook collection and took some photos of stuff I like :).
Some of the books are Bronze-aged. I think not too many people will post here, so we do not have to be too specific.
Would it be possible to change the thread's name in order to make it a topic for at least Silver- and Bronze Age books?

I'm starting with one of my all-time favourite super-hero team - the Fantastic Four. A true highlight in Jack Kirby's long career.
Two books that stand for the strongest phase of the series (Kirby / Buscema). I'm not collecting books after John Buscema.
>  #48 shows the first appearance of Galactus and the Silver Surfer, another of my favourite superheroes.

Another fantastically drawn series by Kirby - Journey into Mystery.
I forgot about Michael's post of #112, so it's a double post :P ;D, but a nice book anyway.
I'm not collecting Mighty Thor books after Kirby.

An epic Marvel mini series - the Silver Surfer. John Buscema at his best! Of course I have all 18 books :).

Daredevil shows Gene Colan at the peak of his art. The best Daredevil ever! (although Frank Miller's isn't bad, really.)
My collection stops at #100 (just like Gene ;)). I'm only missing #1 (WHICH YOU HAVE, MICHAEL! >:( ;D).

More Marvels?
Yes, of course I do collect the Avengers (until #101); of course I do collect the Amazing Spider-Man (until #136 + the McFarlane issues)

Conan the Barbarian was one of the very first series that I started to collect. Long before the Hollywood movie destroyed the
image of Robert E. Howard's true Conan. Barry Windsor Smith captured this very well and throughout #1 - 24, still a newcomer
to the business, he had been developing his drawing style to unbelievable perfection. I love all of his work and I'm missing new stuff badly.

One of my personal highlights in Marvel's history is Tales to Astonish.
The series is still a bit underrated. Maybe this will change with the upcoming Ant Man movie :).
I love the Ant Man character and the old Kirby covers were just brilliant!! I'm only missing #27 (WHICH YOU HAVE, MICHAEL! >:( ;D).

..... Later the series re-introduced the Incredible Hulk. Here are two classic covers (Silver Surfer again :))):

I'm collecting all Bronze Age DC series by Jack Kirby. Here are just two examples of covers I like.
Comic books amargasaurus cazaui and postsaurischian both share their love for :).

Jean 'Moebius' Giraud was a true genius - one of the most important and highly inspiring comic book artists.
I consider me a huge fan and have a big Moebius collection. These two books are original editions from 1976 and 1979.

Oh, how I love the underground comic books Richard Corben did in the early 70s - pieces of art & beauty :D!!
Just two examples (he did quite some):

Berni Wrightson is the man who brought me to serious comic book collecting decades ago.
I just love his black & white graphics of the late 60s and 70s :D.
It's still a mystery to me how his style got suddenly kind of sloppy in the mid-80s.
Curiously enough he spells his name Bernie, not Berni since exactly then ???.

Here are two examples of his Horror work for DC in the early 70s.
House of Secrets #92 shows the very first appearance of the Swamp Thing.

..... I'm so glad I bought his Frankenstein portfolios in the early 80s when they were still pretty affordable.
They want crazy prices on eBay nowadays. ..... Everyone agrees that this is his greatest work :)!

amargasaurus cazaui

Love all the comics Helge....some true favorites of mine....

I used to have Fantastic four 48 and 49, always loved the covers of both especially.I still have a lower grade copy of FF # 122, classic fight issue.
Journy into Mystery !!! 109 featuring the classic x men crossover with Magneto is epic...and that #112 is the story that tells of Hulk throwing the hammer back at Thor...incredibly hard book to get in nice shape with the square bound cover, white and yet silver age as well, great book.One of my all time favorite comic covers comes from that same run....J.I.M. 102 which introduces the Enchantress.

The surfer run was legendary as well, I think it was 4 that was such a low distibution and is rare howdays.
Daredevil, Marvel's answer to Batman, has always gotten secondary love, but I think it has had some of the best writers and artists of the genera on board at times. I am also quite fond of the miller/elektra storyline from around issue 168
The avengers books just continue climibing with the anticpated release of Age of Ultron, glad you chose #12 to post...another early marvel hard to find in higher grade with that black background. Always loved that cover and the cover for issue #20 featuring Woods art I believe.
The epic issue 57, coming of the Vision. I dabbled in collecting monochromatic covers like that...similar to x-men 50 ETC
  I do not own much of the lower numbered spider man series, but they are getting impossible to buy nowdays at such prices....and I was quite fond of how they stuck the Rhino in at the end of the previous spider man movie...I loved issue 50 from that run as well, with the intro of Kingpin.

I never cared for the Conan series but I did buy alot of the BWS issues just because of the art....such a unique style and so detailed. I loved the intro of Red Sonja ...which issue was it that had the hidden message in a panel? I forget if it was 8 or 24 now

Those TTA issues are going to get hotter and hotter as the new movie gets closer. I always felt ant man was treated secondary to other characters despite being so unique. I love the issue 44 "jabba the hut" cover in particular. I have both of the two higher issues you posted and 59 was always a personnal favorite of mine because of the cover.

Ah yes the new gods, and forever people along with Mr. Miracle, the fourth world trilogy. Even after I get old, retire and sell my collection those are books I will keep simply because to me they are treasures. If you told most people that this set of comics is where George Lucas stole most of the ideas and concepts for Star wars, they would get rabid, denounce it from the towers and claim it was original, despite the fact the fourth world storline preceded Star Wars by years. IN particular issue 7 of the new gods is a forever classic to me....52 pages, amazing cover art, and many of the central plot revelations that would later be used by Lucas in star wars as well.

Never been a major indie collector so I cannot comment much to the ones you posted except that so much of the best writing and artistic work that would later find its way to marvel and Dc, started out as indie creators. You could write a book with the number of independent characters that have become mainstream nowdays...ie "Walking Dead"
  Wrightson, another powerhouse artist...I love going back to the early/mid seventies and collecting his work, during that time along with Neal Adams. Another truly gifted artist....that intro of the Swamp Thing is a classic . I keep hoping someday they might dust that character off and do a mainstream redo of his movie, done right. My signed Wrightson pieces are trading cards at best....nothing as nice as that folio

Stunning collection Helge, love what you shared. Some powerhouse comics there both for art, story, and nowdays rarity. Feel free to continue posting anything here you wish , I had hoped you would cause I knew you had a deep collection as well. Thanks for sharing all of those.

Was running through some of my bins the other day and rounded up a supergirl 1, invaders one, and an entire run of Ms Marvel, was somewhat shocked how these quarter bin books from the eighties are rolling today...I remember seeing entire sets of MS marvel selling for 5.00 years ago...who woulda thunkit?

postsaurischian

Thanks for the comment, Michael. Kind of strange to talk about comic books here, but I like it :).
I read all the Marvel Silver & Bronze Age stuff (the German editions) in my early teens (starting with Planet of the Apes at age eight).
Suddenly nearly 30 years later it got me and I wanted the originals.

My Fantastic Four collecting has almost come to an end, I'm having #21 - #130 now with only #25 missing (which will be my next bigger comic investment).
For #1 - #20 I got me the Marvel Masterworks Vol.1+2. I have to stop at one point, because you know, I have other collections to care for as well ;).
Similar is Journey into Mystery / Mighty Thor: I have #101 - #180. For #83 - #100 I got me Marvel Masterworks Vol.1. Finished.

Yes, Silver Surfer #4 is the low distribution issue.
I had also finished Daredevil. I have #2 - #100 and a reprint of #1 and of course the remaining Barry Smith issues #217 and #236.
But a few months ago it got me again ;D and I started to collect the issues Frank Miller is involved: #158 - #191 (except for #162), still missing a few books here.
I'm very glad I decided to buy Avengers books about 10 years ago. You would not believe how cheap you could still buy them on eBay back then and the EURO was also very strong, so I could get me #11 - 101 pretty quick. For #1 - #10 I got me Marvel Masterworks Vol.1. Finished. I'm pretty sure the cover for #20 was done by Kirby :-[, I can only confirm that the stories for #20 - #22 were inked by Wally Wood.
The Vision has always been one of my favourite Avengers characters. I would be very glad to see him in one of the upcoming movies.
You're right, to collect the Amazing Spider-Man is a tough undertaking. My collection is moving forward veery, veery sloowly. They're too expensive and everybody seems to want them :P. I would love to own the 'Death of Gwen Stacy' story so much (because that really shocked me as a kid), but I haven't won any of the auctions I participated.

As a fan of Barry Windsor-Smith I have to love the Conan books. Not sure which hidden message in a panel you mean, but you can find secret messages in some of his books. He sometimes uses a correspondence in cipher he developed with his brother as kids.

;D He, he! To me Tales to Astonish #44 is of course more the 'First Wasp' than the 'Jabba the Hut' issue.

Will take some more pics soon. Have to find Dinosaur related books as well.

postsaurischian

:)  A little Berni Wrightson cover extravaganza!

~ Fanzines / Independent Publishers

~ DC Horror

~ other DC series

~ Marvel Horror

~ very few superhero covers by Berni

~ some specials

~ THE book

~ more portfolios

postsaurischian

:)   In 1977 The Land of Enchantment released five Dinosaur prints, illustrated by the great Berni Wrightson.
         I have four of them, only the Plesiosaurus missing. If someone has one for sale. please let me know!!

Here they are: Allosaurus, Diplodocus, Hadrosaurus, Plesiosaurus & Triceratops

PhilSauria

Interesting old-school take on these animals from the late Mr Wrightson. I'd seen some of these but some are new to me.  I was a big collector of his work back in the day and still have most of the comics and books he worked on that I was able to get hold of over here. Thanks for posting.

amargasaurus cazaui

Within the comic collecting fandom there are a few organizations that do various services centered around either restoration, repair, grading, authentication of grading of comics. It is a complex area to dabble in....deciding if a  book that is worth x amount will be improved by x amount of work, or grading etc.
   There are mainly three companies currently doing most of the grading, and authentication, CGC, PCX, and CBCS . Each has their unique things they do and methods etc, but the most well known and established if CGC.
  I chose to submit a few of my older more beloved books for some work up to them, and have them back now. I selected first, a Hawkman #4 from November of 1964, a seeminly mediocre book except the the small factor of it being the first appearance of Zatanna, DC's mistress of magic, who is searching for her lost father Zatarra, a character from the golden age o DC comics in the 1940's. My second choice was a copy of Journey into Mystery #103...this is the title that introduced Thor in issue 83, making my comic roughly issue 20 of the Thor storyline. The book is also exceptional in that it is the introducation of both the Enchantress and the Executioner, as well as being a very sought after book that is difficult to find in higher grades.
   So when you submit these books you need to be honest appraising what you have vs what you hope to accomplish. I saw the hawkman #4  as a comic that might have graded 4.5 or Very good plus, as it has both a white back cover that had become dirty over the years ....in addition the cover of the book had light indentations, perhaps from some long ago person using the book as a padding beneath something they were writing on or doing some task.
  The Thor book I considered a 7.0 or F/VF grade. It was a nicer looking book but shows some super light wear from use.
I made the decision to have each book pressed, at an extra expense. Pressing is a private process they follow that flattens all creases and bends while removing most soiling and debris. As they do not alter the original printed condition of the copy pressing is not viewed as restoration.I wanted mine pressed hoping to make the grades improve slightly.
  I was aiming to get a 5.0 with the hawkman and a 7.5 with the JIM
  As you can see the Hawkman 4 went to 5.5 and the JIM book hit a solid 8.00
Pricewise the Hawkman 4 falls around 325 , graded and certified The journey into Mysery ....went skyward at around 850

Lanthanotus

I knew comic collecting is a thing of its own but kinda nice to have learned about some of those backgrounds here....

... well I guess teh quintessential here is... continue keeping them dark, dry and cool and save up for your retirement :D

postsaurischian

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on March 07, 2018, 03:42:39 PM
My second choice was a copy of Journey into Mystery #103... ....

I just had a look at my JIM #103 and argh! It's just a VG+ I'd say >:( ;D .  ##101,102 & 104 however are between F and VF.
Congrats for the successful CGC grading. That's a beautiful book!
Doing the CGC thing from Germany would be too expensive and I must admit that I want my books to be readable.
But watching eBay auctions shows that these CGC graded books sell terribly well over catalogue prices.

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: Lanthanotus on March 09, 2018, 08:29:48 PM
I knew comic collecting is a thing of its own but kinda nice to have learned about some of those backgrounds here....

... well I guess teh quintessential here is... continue keeping them dark, dry and cool and save up for your retirement :D
I have a group of 32 books stashed into a bank box, for my impending retirement . ...and yes, stored in a dark, but stable temperature environment, perhaps backed with acid free backings and stored in acid free bags will do the trick

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: postsaurischian on March 09, 2018, 09:00:34 PM
Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on March 07, 2018, 03:42:39 PM
My second choice was a copy of Journey into Mystery #103... ....

I just had a look at my JIM #103 and argh! It's just a VG+ I'd say >:( ;D .  ##101,102 & 104 however are between F and VF.
Congrats for the successful CGC grading. That's a beautiful book!
Doing the CGC thing from Germany would be too expensive and I must admit that I want my books to be readable.
But watching eBay auctions shows that these CGC graded books sell terribly well over catalogue prices.
Finding that book in even VG + is a worthwhile find....its a rather desireable book, with the introduction of Executioner as well as Enchantress....with the Ragnaork movie only helping Executioner's first appearance.
Speaking of which...I do not own a copy of 102 so you are seriously lucky....the introduction of none other than the Goddess of Death Hela ! I love that character...
     If you are following the movies in the theater you know Infinity war is closing in fast....most haven't thought too much about it, but suppose they choose to make Hela the persona death in the movie, that Thanos has fallen in love with.....that book of yours in that case is headed for an outlandish price point if that turns out a lucky guess.
     Regarding the CGC thing and being able to read your books, yes that is an argument that comes into play..but when you realize your book has reached a certain price plateau, it sometimes seems logical to either purchase some form of reprint for reading or purchase a lower grade reader copy for those times it is needed. For myself, I made the determination I simply did not wish to risk damage or any further wear to such .
     I am sad the CGC company does not have a foreign location where people can have books graded outside the US....makes the shipping prices bump dramatically. You are correct in asserting that CGC slabbing tends to raise selling points.
   If you own a membership in GPA, which is the grading and price analysis, they report all sales of slabs and maintain price structures for all CGC graded comics, and it serves as a reference. If you get the wish to wander around within their system let me know Helge, I will turn you lose with my password to explore.

amargasaurus cazaui

Reeled in a gem Fantastic Four from the silver age.....for those who are fond of the modern day Punisher, meet the original character "punisher"  The name "Punisher" was originally assigned to a robotic drone that belonged to Galactus, and was sent to retrieve the Silver Surfer....This one has it all...Kirby art and story, cover featuring Galactus, Surfer and the Punisher...and CGC graded as well

Halichoeres

"Punisher" does seem like a name more befitting a thrall of Galactus.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

ITdactyl

Funny enough, in the latest "Thanos" comic series, the earth born Punisher did become a herald of Galactus.

I sometimes wonder if the current comic books would still end up collector's items in the future - and if it's worth holding on to a sealed stash [of comic books].

On that note, your collection is inspiring... and I keep scrolling up to the "Land of Enchantment" post.... :D

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: Halichoeres on March 22, 2018, 12:14:36 PM
"Punisher" does seem like a name more befitting a thrall of Galactus.
There are hundreds of modern day themes and characters throughout these movies and newer books that were basically stolen, repackaged or entirely retro-fitted into the Marvel kingdom and I forever get amused at the now-day fanboys who come up and smugly explain I am wrong when I mention some of them .....Groot was originally not a hero, but rather a monster from a horror story, similar in how Ant man came to be ...Rocket Racoon was a character that never belonged to the original Guardians of the Galaxy , and was essentially a guest star in an "Assistant editor's" month issue of the incredible hulk. Thanos is heavily borrowed from DC comics character Darkeseid, and finally Harley Quinn, is a reworking of the original Harlequin from the 60's that was essentially a hero and the Joker's own daughter.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: