News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Favourite Papo Dino

Started by Deanosaur7, November 06, 2014, 01:17:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DinoG

Made a fish out of bluetack  to make my spinosaurus stand...by the way my favourite 3: running trex, brachio and allo
Run!

Arul

Quote from: Invicta Hunter on November 10, 2014, 05:47:44 PM
If you leave the figure on it's side for a couple of days it should return to it's normal stance. Soft plastic is usually pretty hard to permanently reshape unless it's under pressure for a long time.

You mean leave it with give it some pressure for a couple days ?

Arul

So not only running t rex, but also many of my freind's allosaurus in indonesia cant stand properly  :D well hope papo not doing the same mistake for the next figure  ;)

Deanosaur7

Same here, my Papo green running T. Rex can't stand on its own anymore 😥

Raptoress

That's strange, all my Papo theropods stand perfectly. Including the running T. rex and Allosaurus. I've had them both for a while now, too. Same goes for my Spinosaurus which I've had for almost two years.

Arul

Quote from: Raptoress on November 12, 2014, 07:32:11 PM
That's strange, all my Papo theropods stand perfectly. Including the running T. rex and Allosaurus. I've had them both for a while now, too. Same goes for my Spinosaurus which I've had for almost two years.

Wahh im not lucky like you  :-\ hehehe.on the first 1 week  my running trex can stand, but not anymore after that...strange

Derek.McManus

Horridus

Carnotaurus for me (or Dimetrodon if we're talking about all their prehistoric animals).
All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

Libraraptor

DinoLord

Carnotaurus is my favorite one as-is. But their Spinosaurus looks pretty awesome when repainted to match the JP3 version.

tanystropheus

Quote from: tyrantqueen on November 09, 2014, 12:34:36 AM
The Dimetrodon (not a dino but a prehistoric species)- the only one I own at present.

Did you like get rid of your entire Papo collection? :o :o Blasphemy!!  >:D :D lol

stargatedalek

My favorite Papo dinosaur by far would have to be their Atlantic Puffin :D

(Over-)honesty aside, I'd say the archeopteryx is my favorite extinct dinosaur by Papo.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: tanystropheus on January 15, 2015, 10:50:05 PM
The Dimetrodon (not a dino but a prehistoric species)- the only one I own at present.

Did you like get rid of your entire Papo collection? :o :o Blasphemy!!  >:D :D lol
Yep. I was young and needed the money >:D

But seriously, my interests have changed from mass produced toys to large resin kits and high end statues (although I do buy the occasional toy now and then).

Blade-of-the-Moon

My favorite has to the brown standing T-Rex ..she's been by my computer replacing the green T-Rex since she was made.

Patrx

For me it's the original version of their "raptor" - a splendid replica of one of my favorite movie creatures. I was so disappointed to find how rare they'd become.

Manatee

Their Carnotaurus and also the new Apatosaurus, even if it is just a preliminary picture at this moment.

tanystropheus

Quote from: tyrantqueen on January 15, 2015, 11:01:31 PM
Quote from: tanystropheus on January 15, 2015, 10:50:05 PM

Yep. I was young and needed the money >:D

But seriously, my interests have changed from mass produced toys to large resin kits and high end statues (although I do buy the occasional toy now and then).

Hahaha, lol.

That's interesting -I've actually done quite the opposite but for similar reasons  :)

After I picked up the Sideshow Mosasaurus my room became incredibly cluttered. I haven't bought proper shelves, so I packed away all my WSs, Carnegies, CollectAs, Schleichs, Tycos and Bullylands. They are going to storage until I figure out a good solution to this display issue. I kept the Papos on display because they closely resemble statues/maquettes in both likeness and feel (and many of their later models are kind of like mini-Sideshows). My cousin came over and checked out the SS Mosasaurus. He said, "Is that a Papo"?. A few weeks later I saw the upcoming Papo Apato and Tupax, and I felt that I made the right decision (for now). I will continue to buy WS, but probably at a slower rate than usual until I figure out the logistics of it all. I think if my financial situation improves, I might pick up a few more Sideshows and REBORs.

EmperorDinobot

kreativtek

Oh dear! Choosing my favourite Papo dinosaur is like choosing a favourite child, but I will try. I think there are three models that I like the most: Spinosaurus, Stegosaurus, and brown T-rex. While the other two are rather obvious, I can see that Stegosaurus doesn't seem to be very popular here and I wonder why.

It may not be the most accurate representation of the animal, but absolutely love it as a model. Its sculpture, dynamic pose, and paint job are simply amazing and I rarely can resist staring at it for a few minutes every time I visit my collection. There's something about this figure's colour scheme that gives it a soul and sense of depth (or maybe just a large pile of food for the imagination?) that many other dinosaurs lack.

thelordsgym

I gotta go with the Running T-rex, Styracosaurus, and Stegosaurus....even though Stegos tail is too short. Stego has great detail and love the color scheme...although a bit predictable and bland...the back plates/scutes are remarkable. But the Styracosaurus impresses me the most with the great scaly detail, blended colored horns on its frill and front, and dynamic pose...which seems to be bellowing at a predator...perhaps trying to fend it off. Running T-rex is self explanatory....superb proportions, adjustable jaw with sharp detailed teeth, great realistic looking paintjob, and remarkable resemblance to the V-Rex on King Kong...which is a creature that I really like.  Nuff said.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: