News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Favourite Papo Dino

Started by Deanosaur7, November 06, 2014, 01:17:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

My favourite is the Brown Running T. Rex, which came into my possession completely by chance. Unfortunately, mine has the same standing issue as ARUL's. I now house my Papo collection on a bookshelf that's angled slightly. Even then, it only takes the slightest nudge to send the big guy toppling over. :(
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

laticauda

I know I said Allosaurus earlier with stegosaurus in second and I don't think I going to change my vote, but I just got the Carnotaurus, it is a really nice figure.

Shadowknight1

Allosaurus(my second, the first one kept falling over so much that it scuffed a lot of paint off his head and scutes, new one stands perfectly though!), running T. rex, and Archaeopteryx.  I'd put Dilophosaurus in there if I could permanently change his stance so he'd be standing more like the promo pictures.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

reinier zwanink

Without any doubt it allosaurus
Great model but i did enhance the eyebrows with some red

Green running t rex is a good 2nd but that 1 front teeth is really nuts

mpchi

My favorite is probably the brown Running T-Rex (which I can never find). As of what I can own then they are as follow:

1. Brachiosaurus
2. Styracosaurus
3. Green Running T-Rex

The popular Allosaurus didn't appeal to me, as the few samples I managed to see in person has very random and poor paint job. It is not until this week that I saw a bunch in a local store, and managed to pick one that was painted quite nicely. After some touch-ups, it really look quite nice and start to grow on me. Also, other honorable mentions are Carnotaurus and Dimetrodon. Both look stunning. And definitely looking forward to the upcoming Apatosaurus, if not a bit small.

Fluffysaurus

That would be
1 Dilophosaurus
2 Carnotaurus
3 Baby triceratops
For now because the Tupuxuara will put the baby trike and carno one down.
My Fluffy is red.
My beaky is green.
I am the cutest Fluffysaurus you have ever seen!

EmperorDinobot

Pachyrhinosaurus (beautiful)
Styracosaurus (haphazardly)
Dilophosaurus (absent as of this writing)

I got a whole bunch of them today after a very successful trade, and while nice they aren't as nice as the ones stated above.
They are just theme park monsters.

triceratops83

Even though I'm not overly fussed on Papo, their Styracosaurus is by far my favourite. Not the best representation of that genus, but it has loads of personality. A real standout figure with distinct character.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Dinomike

My list:
1. Brachiosaurus - I simply love the expression and size
2. Styracosaurus
3. Running T.rex and Allosaurus share the bronze
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

mpchi

Quote from: Dinomike on January 22, 2015, 02:46:59 PM
My list:
1. Brachiosaurus - I simply love the expression and size
2. Styracosaurus
3. Running T.rex and Allosaurus share the bronze

Great minds think alike. ;)

Concavenator

If we refer to dinosaurs,I think the best one is by far the new Apatosaurus.But my favorite Papo prehistoric animals so far are the Dimetrodon,the Archaeopteryx and Tupuxuara,they stand out from the rest imo.Wish the Tupux was furry though  :'( Guess no one is perfect  ;D

darth daniel

I don´t own a single Papo figure so I can just judge photos I´ve seen, but the Apatosaurus is the first one I definately want to have and will buy immediately when available.

1. Apatosaurus
2. Tupuxuara
3. Dimetrodon or Euoplocephalus

Shadowknight1

Quote from: reinier zwanink on January 18, 2015, 05:38:30 PM
Without any doubt it allosaurus
Great model but i did enhance the eyebrows with some red

Green running t rex is a good 2nd but that 1 front teeth is really nuts
One thing I noticed about the running T. rex when I really gave its jaw a close look is that it looks like something whacked it's lower jaw.  There's scarring on the face and one of his front bottom teeth is really impacted into his upper lip.  Seems like he was trying to catch something in his younger days and bit off more than he could chew.  That's why I hate seeing so many comparisons to the V-Rex.  The lower jaw I can understand, but the upper part of the skull is more Jurassic Park T. rex.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

japfeif

Not to be a bandwagon jumper, but the Allosaurus has to be in my top 5 faves. I also really like the Dimetrodon and the Ankylosaurus (who doesn't get near enough love). I think it's cuz his pose is just so dynamic, like he's fending off a predator. Most Anky figures are just standing there, looking like a cross between a turtle and a horned lizard ("horny toad"!).

I really like the Styracosaurus also, but for me, I just do NOT like the protruding tougue. The gaping mouth, like he's in mid-bellow, is okay, just don't like the tongue sticking out, looks kinda dumb to me.

The Archeopteryx is amazing as well....looks far less like a passive bird (which most representations tend to look like, albiet with some teeth) and more like a bad-ass little dinosaur with feathers (love the slightly demented, staring eyes when seen face-on!)

mpchi

Quote from: mpchi on January 21, 2015, 09:04:46 PM
My favorite is probably the brown Running T-Rex (which I can never find). As of what I can own then they are as follow:

1. Brachiosaurus
2. Styracosaurus
3. Green Running T-Rex

The popular Allosaurus didn't appeal to me, as the few samples I managed to see in person has very random and poor paint job. It is not until this week that I saw a bunch in a local store, and managed to pick one that was painted quite nicely. After some touch-ups, it really look quite nice and start to grow on me. Also, other honorable mentions are Carnotaurus and Dimetrodon. Both look stunning. And definitely looking forward to the upcoming Apatosaurus, if not a bit small.

Now that I got my Apatosaurus in hand, I got to update my favorite listing:

1. Apatosaurus
2. Brachiosaurus
3. Styracosaurus

Apatosaurus came out really nice. I still think its too small in size, but the sculpted details are finer than the bigger Brachiosaurus. And the shapes of the thick neck is just so interesting and unique in multiple viewing angles. Not to mention it has one of the most accurate Papo sculpt. Have always longed for a really nice life-like Apatosaurus, and Papo's delivered!

Arul

Green running trex is still the best for the carnivore of paposaur. Styraco for thr herbivore

John

My favorite of the Papo ones?
That would be the Styracosaurus and baby Triceratops. :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

bruno

Has to be Apatosaurus by far the best paint job by papo and pretty accurate to,the rebor t rex paint work is outstanding but I think papo have done an equally good job, I hope it's a sign of things to come

joossa

Stegosaurus
Carnotaurus
Running T-Rex
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Smilodon rex

I love my running T. rex from Papo. I also liked the standing one, despite the hideous tripod posture, but when I got the running one I gave the standing one to my neighbour's granddaughter. She loves it so much she sleeps with it!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: