News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Favourite Papo Dino

Started by Deanosaur7, November 06, 2014, 01:17:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deanosaur7

So, what's your favourite papo dinosaur? To start things off, my favourites are the Brachiosaurus, because of the fantastic detail and the styracosaurus because of the vibrant colour and the dynamic posture.

docronnie

Papo figures are hard to find here in my country, but I was able to snag an Oviraptor yesterday, my first Papo and favorite of course. Hahahaha! :)
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Arul

I love green running t rex :D im sorry i think we have discuss this in this thread > http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=419.msg76056;topicseen#new

laticauda

Yes, Allosaurus and stegosaurus are my favorite dinos, but they are also my favorite from Papo.  The Papo Allosaurus is in my opinion one of the best, if not the best Allosaurus I have seen in toy form.  Stegosaurus, despite some anatomical error, and it copying JP, still a great figure.

spinosaurus1

i agree completely with the post above. papo's allosaurus is by far his best dinosaur figure imo. I  however, consider his standing jp tyrannosaurus as second best

dragon53

It's a tie between the Running Tyrannosaurus and the Allosaurus.

tanystropheus

Dimetrodon- excellent, timeless and elegant.

I do love the monstrosity that is running T-rex, but it lost some of its appeal when it stopped standing on its feet.

Gwangi

The Dimetrodon is my favorite but of course not a dinosaur. My favorite dinosaur from Papo would have to be the Allosaurus.

Arul

On youtube Jurrasic Collectables said to make the allosaurus papo make a competition to chose which one who have the best design to make allosaurus, is that true ?

tyrantqueen

The Dimetrodon (not a dino but a prehistoric species)- the only one I own at present.

Arul

My green running t rex can't stand properly anymore, deeply sad. i have to put something (absolutely not glue) under it feet to make it stand. What make me confused is on the first week in my house it can standing well. I dont know why maybe because the maker miss something. But it still be my favorite. The most think i love is the headsculp :D

Pinkamena

Quote from: ARUL on November 09, 2014, 03:04:16 AM
My green running t rex can't stand properly anymore, deeply sad.

That sucks...I want this dino but I don't want a recumbent dino. Is it to do with the plastic it's made from, or is it just a bad sculpt?
Slowly running out of room...one toy at a time!

Invicta Wishlist (monochrome) - Plesiosaur, Mamenchisaurus, Dimetrodon, Muttaburrasaurus, Ichthyosaurm, Blue Whale 

Arul

Look at my just for fun thread in diorama, thats how my green running t rex stand. I put some stick on it feet to keep the balance. I think the main problem is on it toe, its not sculp precisely >:( but i cant hate it, its still my fav figure  ;)

Gwangi

My T. rex seems to stand just fine. My Spinosaurus has some issues though.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Pinkamena on November 09, 2014, 10:37:00 PM
Quote from: ARUL on November 09, 2014, 03:04:16 AM
My green running t rex can't stand properly anymore, deeply sad.

That sucks...I want this dino but I don't want a recumbent dino. Is it to do with the plastic it's made from, or is it just a bad sculpt?
I remember when I used to own a Papo Spinosaurus that it never stood up by itself. I would have to lean it forward on its claw for it to stand at all. I think it's an issue with the plastic, not the sculpt, although some sculpts may exacerbate it somewhat. For example theropods that are balancing on one leg.

Invicta Hunter

Yeah Papo are made from quite soft plastic so they do tend to bend over time, especially if you live somewhere warm.
I bought two of those Papo fakes that were on ebay and i gotta say, they are made of harder and heavier plastic so their better than the real thing when it comes to stability.

docronnie

I agree with IH, my Oviraptor could not stand at first.  Had to bend his arm and legs a bit.
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Arul

Quote from: Invicta Hunter on November 10, 2014, 04:23:20 AM
Yeah Papo are made from quite soft plastic so they do tend to bend over time, especially if you live somewhere warm.
I bought two of those Papo fakes that were on ebay and i gotta say, they are made of harder and heavier plastic so their better than the real thing when it comes to stability.

OMG, if thats true maybe thats my problem. The warm condition  :'( what should i do ? I put the model inside the aquarium in my room,the temperature is pretty high, its summer here...i think its impossible to make it back to normal,right...?

Invicta Hunter

If you leave the figure on it's side for a couple of days it should return to it's normal stance. Soft plastic is usually pretty hard to permanently reshape unless it's under pressure for a long time.

Pinkamena

Thanks for the info, will get it but won't keep it anywhere it will get too warm :)
Slowly running out of room...one toy at a time!

Invicta Wishlist (monochrome) - Plesiosaur, Mamenchisaurus, Dimetrodon, Muttaburrasaurus, Ichthyosaurm, Blue Whale 

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: