News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Describe A Good Dead Theropod Figure

Started by suspsy, November 14, 2014, 03:08:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

I finally acquired the Dead Triceratops and Stegosaurus Corpse from CollectA last month. Fantastic figures, both of them, inappropriate for little children and squeamish people, but right up the alley of dino-gore fans like myself.

I think it's only far that CollectA's next dead and dismembered dinosaur should be a theropod. Herbivores shouldn't always have to be the losers, not when they're equipped with horns, spikes, clubs, armour, or sheer mass. My own personal preference would be a Mapusaurus or a Giganotosaurus that failed to dodge the massive feet of an Argentinosaurus and got trampled to death. Naturally, it wouldn't have a torn open belly with intestines coming out. Rather, there'd be some foot-shaped craters in its body. Possibly even a crushed skull---or would that be too grotesque even for CollectA?

What are your ideas?
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

laticauda

Quote from: suspsy on November 14, 2014, 03:08:53 PM
I finally acquired the Dead Triceratops and Stegosaurus Corpse from CollectA last month. Fantastic figures, both of them, inappropriate for little children and squeamish people, but right up the alley of dino-gore fans like myself.

I think it's only far that CollectA's next dead and dismembered dinosaur should be a theropod. Herbivores shouldn't always have to be the losers, not when they're equipped with horns, spikes, clubs, armour, or sheer mass. My own personal preference would be a Mapusaurus or a Giganotosaurus that failed to dodge the massive feet of an Argentinosaurus and got trampled to death. Naturally, it wouldn't have a torn open belly with intestines coming out. Rather, there'd be some foot-shaped craters in its body. Possibly even a crushed skull---or would that be too grotesque even for CollectA?

What are your ideas?
[/quote
I love the squished skull or body idea.  I little graphic perhaps, but interesting.

Arul

Caused of meteor rain,scorched dinosaur  8)

sauroid

a group of trampled (by stampeding Sauropods) pack hunting theropods would be nice.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

tyrantqueen

How about some more carcasses but in various stages of decomposition?

Like just a skeleton that has been totally picked apart.

Or with bits of flesh still there but mostly skeletal.

Is it okay to post these pics btw? I'm a bit worried about offending younger members and people who may be squeamish...but it's stuff you can find easily on a Google search.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I wouldn't mind sculpting something if someone was interested. A generalize large theropod carcass would be easy enough.  You've seen my undead dragon:

I've also done a fresher horse and dragon corpse :

CityRaptor

The cropse definately should still have flesh or other parts. Skeletons already make up like half of all Dinosaur figures.

For a Theropod coprse, I thought of something showing the effects of the herbivore's weapons, like broken legs due to tailclubs or wounds clearly cause by spikes or horns. Or maybe a Majungasaurus or or Tyrannosaurus corpse with bitemarks of others of their kind, also showing signs of canibalism. And ofcourse a dismembered pair of Deinocheirus arms...

@tyrantqueen: Well, the title of the thread is already about corpses, so I think it is okay.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

stargatedalek

Quote from: sauroid on November 14, 2014, 03:50:49 PM
a group of trampled (by stampeding Sauropods) pack hunting theropods would be nice.
following this idea, perhaps something representing the various small animals drowned in sauropod footprints would be cool ;)

Pachyrhinosaurus

I was thinking perhaps a theropod killed by another preadator, or as CityRaptor suggested, a victim of cannibalism.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

TJ_Terrorsaur

Speaking of cannibalism, what if there was a nest of a theropod like say a Utah or Velociraptor or a Tyrannosaurus dead near her nest with mentioned nest raided? The adult theropod could have it's belly opened (much like the other two dino corpses we already have) and say an arm or a foot missing. The nest could be mostly uncovered with smashed and split eggs.

suspsy

That actually sounds too cruel for a dinosaur toyline.

Manatee

Quote from: suspsy on November 17, 2014, 01:00:00 AM
After CollectA's Quetzalcoatlus nomming on a baby sauropod, I think anything's possible! (Except a bloodied juvenile carcass. I don't want that.)

TJ_Terrorsaur

Oh-...oops. Well then perhaps both of the ones I mentioned but not of the same species. Like have a dead Utahraptor done in by another of it's kind. And then perhaps a raided Tyrannosaurus nest.

Quote from: Manatee on November 17, 2014, 01:04:46 AM
After CollectA's Quetzalcoatlus nomming on a baby sauropod, I think anything's possible! (Except a bloodied juvenile carcass. I don't want that.)

Same here, though I wouldn't mind a battle damaged youngster (Like Big Al and his swollen foot).
I just thought that anything could of happened back then. A parent of the nest tries to fend off the intruder and loses.

But perhaps it IS a bit too dark for a dinosaur toy. Hmm.

suspsy

I have no doubt that tragedies involving mothers and babies occurred all too frequently in the time of the dinosaurs. Goodness knows it occurs frequently in today's animal kingdom---and even more so in human society. And so yes, while your idea is definitely creative and vivid, it just seems too dark and depressing.

Incidentally, my girlfriend hates the two CollectA dinosaur corpses. Even more so the Quetzalcoatlus with its infant prey.

sauroid

why not something different? a group of emaciated/starved-to-death corpses of any animals during the extinction era?
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

tyrantqueen

Eh, I don't care for corpse figures either. I'm not really all that squeamish but it's just not something I would display on my shelf. But they are creative (no other company has done anything like it afaik) and they can be useful in dioramas.

CollectA has given us plants, dead animals, and even animals with "junk" (megacerops) so I wonder how long it'll be before we get this is figure form:

CityRaptor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYl4vt4Bnz0

I actually saw something like that once. Although it was horse apples for model horses. Ah, there it is:
http://www.ebay.de/itm/Pferdeappel-Zubehor-passend-fur-Schleich-Pferde-Pferd/111241489123
However those are custom made...
Oh no

Arul

A mother trex on the way back to the nest with carrying a head of herbivore in her jaw for her kids meal ?

tyrantqueen

How about...decapitated body parts? >:D Like a edmontosaurus leg for a predator to nom on.

CityRaptor

Like I mentioned before: bitten of Deinocheirus arms!
Oh no

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: