News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Describe A Good Dead Theropod Figure

Started by suspsy, November 14, 2014, 03:08:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Manatee

I also don't collect corpse figures, but I have and like the Quetzalcoatlus.

suspsy

I'd definitely buy some assorted dino limbs. Especially now that CollectA has started adding articulated jaws to their 1:40 line.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Daspletodave

A dead T-Rex with its skull crushed, just like Sue.

TJ_Terrorsaur

Quote from: suspsy on November 17, 2014, 03:22:00 AM
I have no doubt that tragedies involving mothers and babies occurred all too frequently in the time of the dinosaurs. Goodness knows it occurs frequently in today's animal kingdom---and even more so in human society. And so yes, while your idea is definitely creative and vivid, it just seems too dark and depressing.

Incidentally, my girlfriend hates the two CollectA dinosaur corpses. Even more so the Quetzalcoatlus with its infant prey.

I like them but I don't like them if that makes any sense. Though I did get a small shock when I noticed that CollectA does have a stegosaurus that matches the corpse.

I do think you are right though about it being too dark and depressing. Sorry 'bout that all. 

Saurian

let it be deynoynihus, who was killed Tenontosaurus  :)) And about the cruelty, it's just toys, just little pieces of the past
Soory,my English is poor

Concavenator

If CollectA makes another corpse,it has to be a theropod,that'd be so freaking awesome.A dead Siats,Megaraptor,or Sauroniops for example.A carcharodontosaur would be nic

sauroid

a stomping bull sauropod on a struggling/dying large theropod would also look nice.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

suspsy

Quote from: Saurian on November 18, 2014, 08:05:47 PMAnd about the cruelty, it's just toys, just little pieces of the past

CollectA, Safari, Papo, etc, don't just cater to adults. They also have to take children and their parents into consideration if they hope to remain afloat. I certainly wouldn't allow a four-year old to have the Dead Triceratops or the Stegosaurus Corpse.

QuoteIf CollectA makes another corpse,it has to be a theropod,that'd be so freaking awesome.A dead Siats,Megaraptor,or Sauroniops for example.A carcharodontosaur would be nic

I think that if CollectA really does make a dead theropod figure, it'd be one that's already been "alive" in their assortment, like T. rex, Spinosaurus, Mapusaurus, or Carcharodontosaurus. It would be kind of sad for Siats to make its toy shelf debut as a mutilated corpse.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Megalosaurus

Quote from: sauroid on November 17, 2014, 03:50:34 AM
why not something different? a group of emaciated/starved-to-death corpses of any animals during the extinction era?
Thats an interesting idea. It comes to my mind "dinosaur mummies" (desecated bodies) specially from the triassic extinction.

Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Concavenator

Quote from: suspsy on November 19, 2014, 01:14:23 PM
Quote from: Saurian on November 18, 2014, 08:05:47 PMAnd about the cruelty, it's just toys, just little pieces of the past

CollectA, Safari, Papo, etc, don't just cater to adults. They also have to take children and their parents into consideration if they hope to remain afloat. I certainly wouldn't allow a four-year old to have the Dead Triceratops or the Stegosaurus Corpse.

QuoteIf CollectA makes another corpse,it has to be a theropod,that'd be so freaking awesome.A dead Siats,Megaraptor,or Sauroniops for example.A carcharodontosaur would be nic

I think that CollectA really does make a dead theropod figure, it'd be one that's already been "alive" in their assortment, like T. rex, Spinosaurus, Mapusaurus, or Carcharodontosaurus. It would be kind of sad for Siats to make its toy shelf debut as a mutilated corpse.
Hey,what about a Megaraptor?It's one of the dinosaurs I've always hoped to see represented...and CollectA has two Amargasaurus,so that'd make a nice diorama.

Manatee

Quote from: Concavenator on November 24, 2014, 06:37:52 PM
Quote from: suspsy on November 19, 2014, 01:14:23 PM

I think that CollectA really does make a dead theropod figure, it'd be one that's already been "alive" in their assortment, like T. rex, Spinosaurus, Mapusaurus, or Carcharodontosaurus. It would be kind of sad for Siats to make its toy shelf debut as a mutilated corpse.
Hey,what about a Megaraptor?It's one of the dinosaurs I've always hoped to see represented...and CollectA has two Amargasaurus,so that'd make a nice diorama.
Like supsy said about Siats, Megaraptor is a dinosaur I wouldn't want to see exclusively (you don't count Geoworld) represented as a trampled corpse. Just saying.

stargatedalek

I spent my young years watching documentaries and science fiction movies, so maybe I was just more used to gore (specifically predation) than most kids, but I don't think that sort of thing is unsuitable for children

I'd definitely prefer to have a corpse figure accompanying a live one as with the previous two
perhaps a pterosaur this time?

*edit*
another idea, how about a "nondescript" figure, it could be perceived as either sleeping or having died calmly

triceratops83

Majungasaurus would be a good choice for a cannibalised theropod. How about a moment caught in action - a Ceratosaurus impaled on a stegosaur thagomizer, or the Protoceratops/Velociraptor scene? Seems like the sort of innovative idea Collecta could pull off.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

DinoLord

Quote from: triceratops83 on December 10, 2014, 02:00:04 PM
Majungasaurus would be a good choice for a cannibalised theropod. How about a moment caught in action - a Ceratosaurus impaled on a stegosaur thagomizer, or the Protoceratops/Velociraptor scene? Seems like the sort of innovative idea Collecta could pull off.

Good idea with the latter. For such an iconic scene there are surprisingly few toy (or even resin) depictions of this pairing. The only one I can think of is the extremely rare Collect Club figure.

croatasaurus

How about pierced Tyrannosaurus?
Or cuted Tarbosaurus?

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.