News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Triceratops83's Ornithischians- Rebirth from page 14

Started by triceratops83, December 13, 2014, 04:45:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

triceratops83

All right, I'll do this in chunks. Figures first.

Don't know how much I can post at once... I'll chuck up another bunch soon.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

tyrantqueen

I like your idea of using labels. Hopefully it will eliminate the need for forumites to ask "what company made X figure?" ;)

Very impressive collection of trikes.

DinoLord

Awesome assemblage! I look forward to seeing the rest. I agree the labels are very clever.

triceratops83

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 13, 2014, 04:52:49 PM
I like your idea of using labels. Hopefully it will eliminate the need for forumites to ask "what company made X figure?" ;)

Very impressive collection of trikes.

Thanks! I've just spent a couple of hours opening up every photo in paint. And yeah, the question thing was the goal, thought labels would be handy.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Nice job! It's great seeing all the different ones together like that. :)

triceratops83

I hope I don't repeat any, starting to lose track already...

Phew! Next lot in a few minutes...

EDIT - Thanks Blade and Dinolord! This has taken all night!

spinosaurus1

triceratops83

Is it just me or is Photobucket really slow?

Megalosaurus

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 13, 2014, 04:52:49 PM
[...]
+ for it. In fact I love that idea.

I have a doub triceratops83. What is your favorite dinosaur?

Just jocking.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

triceratops83

OK, don't laugh at my paint jobs. I just dove straight into kits, it always seemed esoteric to me, but now I just treat Vinyl and Resin models the same way I do plastic kits. I just use a brush - anything else would be getting more expensive than this hobby already is. I feel ashamed showing these off to the brilliant artists around here, but I'm still proud that I bothered to put in the effort that I had - that in itself is something of a miracle.

Don't know what I was thinking when I painted that 1:20...

Work in Progress...

Well that's the majority of it, I'm off to bed. Sorry about the quality of the photos. Everything's labelled, so if you want a better picture of anything in particular, just let me know ^-^

triceratops83

Quote from: Megalosaurus on December 13, 2014, 06:11:37 PM

I have a doub triceratops83. What is your favorite dinosaur?

Just jocking.

Mononykus ;)

ignite444

Wow, someone sure loves ceratopsians! XD Great collection btw!
My Latest Review: Rebor King T-Rex

triceratops83

Forgot Happy...

More stuff tomorrow.

Paleogene Pals

Dan

Impressive. Not many people have the Rader Triceratops. Always loved that model, myself.

Manatee

You truly have a titanic Triceratops collection! I like the labeled images; besides the big brands and Kaiyodo, I can never keep track of who made each model. I especially like the Bob Morales Torosaurus.

sauroid

very cool collection of Triceratops/other Ceratopsian figures. an almost complete collection of Trikes. do you have a solo pic of the K&M?
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

triceratops83

Thanks, everyone! Here's what started this thing going - I started collecting Schleich animals for my niece, which included dinosaurs. I think I've managed to get the best of Schleich.

Quote from: Dan on December 13, 2014, 08:34:33 PM
Impressive. Not many people have the Rader Triceratops. Always loved that model, myself.

Yeah, I was eyeing that for ages. Really graceful sculpt for what is usually depicted as a lumbering giant.

Quote from: sauroid on December 14, 2014, 02:18:03 AM
very cool collection of Triceratops/other Ceratopsian figures. an almost complete collection of Trikes. do you have a solo pic of the K&M?

Here, Sauroid. The big one is hollow and usually comes in pack with other dinos. The little family came in a pack called an eco-dome I think. This brand usually turns up in museum gift shops, and is easy to find.

sauroid

thanks, i asked because i have one but im not sure if mine is a genuine K&M or just a remold, tho they look so exactly like each other. anyway, you need the Sega Vignetteum Triceratops and baby in your collection. i love looking at your figures
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

triceratops83

Quote from: sauroid on December 14, 2014, 02:01:20 PM
anyway, you need the Sega Vignetteum Triceratops and baby in your collection.

I know, it's one of my holy grails. It's only ever shown up on Ebay when I've got no money ::)

Oh, and these ones all have "K&M" written underneath, maybe you do have a copy?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: