News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Triceratops83's Ornithischians- Rebirth from page 14

Started by triceratops83, December 13, 2014, 04:45:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patrx

Arul

triceratops83

Finished. Just needs a coat of matte.

more fossils
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

DinoToyForum

Great collection of Triceratops! nice photos too :)

Btw, is your Bandai Triceratops a custom? I ask because mine is on a different base, along with a baby. :)

triceratops83

Quote from: dinotoyforum on December 15, 2014, 07:10:14 PM
Great collection of Triceratops! nice photos too :)

Btw, is your Bandai Triceratops a custom? I ask because mine is on a different base, along with a baby. :)

Not that I know of. I've seen at least three different colours, but never one with a baby. I'd have got that one if I'd seen it!
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Wow..epic Trike collection bud! Your paint jobs are nothing to deride either..I like several of them quite a bit.

I assume you have the Sideshow Triceratops Maquette on order...? ;)

triceratops83

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 16, 2014, 05:12:01 PM
Wow..epic Trike collection bud! Your paint jobs are nothing to deride either..I like several of them quite a bit.

The first day it was available from Dan's ;) It'll be nice to get one during its' run and not have to spend a grand on it like Trike vs Rex statue. Thanks for the compliment! The small details are the hardest because I don't have steady hands, most of them have wonky eyes.

DinoLord

Quote from: triceratops83 on December 16, 2014, 05:21:09 PM
It'll be nice to get one during its' run and not have to spend a grand on it like Trike vs Rex statue.

Now that is some serious dedication!

triceratops83

Quote from: DinoLord on December 16, 2014, 05:25:00 PM
It'll be nice to get one during its' run and not have to spend a grand on it like Trike vs Rex statue.

Now that is some serious dedication!

Well, that or stupidity... I was paying that off for months ::) My MO is buy now, worry tomorrow.

tyrantqueen

Could this possibly be the most comprehensive Triceratops collection on the board? >:D I don't think I've seen anyone with a bigger one (correct me if I'm wrong).

Have you counted how many you actually have? :)

Dinomike

I'm speechless!  A beautiful collection!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

triceratops83

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 17, 2014, 03:49:25 PM
Could this possibly be the most comprehensive Triceratops collection on the board? >:D I don't think I've seen anyone with a bigger one (correct me if I'm wrong).

I reckon Boki might be ahead of me. Not including skeletons and bits and pieces, a quick count puts it at 122, just Triceratops and not other ceratopsians. I've got a 2015 schleich mini coming, as well as a few other things I'll post images when they rock up. Except for the Torosaurs, most of the other horned dinosaurs were bought pretty recently, what with Battat back, the awesome Safaries and Collecta starting to produce some great ones, it was a bit of a tease.
And Thanks to everyone for their kind words! Would like to hear how many of any one genus/family everyone else has...

tyrantqueen

Quote from: triceratops83 on December 17, 2014, 05:30:18 PM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 17, 2014, 03:49:25 PM

I reckon Boki might be ahead of me. Not including skeletons and bits and pieces, a quick count puts it at 122, just Triceratops and not other ceratopsians. I've got a 2015 schleich mini coming, as well as a few other things I'll post images when they rock up. Except for the Torosaurs, most of the other horned dinosaurs were bought pretty recently, what with Battat back, the awesome Safaries and Collecta starting to produce some great ones, it was a bit of a tease.
And Thanks to everyone for their kind words! Would like to hear how many of any one genus/family everyone else has...
Here's the answer to your question :)

http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=2288.0

triceratops83

I'm a doofus, I remember that thread now. Thanks!
Hope you all don't mind this, but here's a Trike I've got that no one else has...

I copied a photo of the senckenberg trike, then stylized it with shadow.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 16, 2014, 05:12:01 PM

The first day it was available from Dan's ;) It'll be nice to get one during its' run and not have to spend a grand on it like Trike vs Rex statue. Thanks for the compliment! The small details are the hardest because I don't have steady hands, most of them have wonky eyes.

Eyes are a HUGE pain in the tail..you might consider trying taxidermy eyes to replace the resin ones. A bit of epoxy and your done.

triceratops83

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 17, 2014, 06:29:35 PM
Eyes are a HUGE pain in the tail..you might consider trying taxidermy eyes to replace the resin ones. A bit of epoxy and your done.

You don't need to cut into the model to install them?

Mighty King

Excellent collection! congratulations!!

tyrantqueen

Quote from: triceratops83 on December 17, 2014, 06:32:54 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 17, 2014, 06:29:35 PM

You don't need to cut into the model to install them?
Yeah, you do. You have to drill out the space where the current eyes are, insert the new ones, and then sculpt a new eyelid around it.

Personally I love painting eyes so I'd never use glass ones. I always leave them to the last minute so I can see the model come to life with lifelike eyes.

triceratops83

Love the look of Taxidermy eyes, but no way would I have the confidence to install them. Might redo the eyes on some of the earlier models, I've had better luck recently using the other end of the brush, dabbing a spot of paint on. Don't know why I haven't gone back and fixed them yet. They say art is never finished, just abandoned - in which case I am neglectful ::)

tyrantqueen

Do you use natural or synthetic brushes? For me at least, it became a lot easier when I started using natural sable hairs. They hold a point better than any synthetic I've tried. Just wondering :)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: