News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Wierd/Curios Books & Media

Started by Takama, April 17, 2012, 02:09:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roselaar

Quote from: Nobs on July 10, 2012, 12:22:43 PM
Does anybody know anything about a show/movie called "Super Giant Monsters Attack" (I might be a little off on the title)

It looks to be Japenese in origin and has man in the rubber suite for the special effects.  I saw a short clip of it on youtube of a GIANT styracosaurus destroying a city.  It looked ineresting but after doing a some further digging I got some conflicting information, is this an old TV show or a movie?

The title reminds me of Godzilla: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack, also Japanese, from 2001. It features Godzilla and a host of other giant monsters (men in suits) thrashing cities and each other. One of them, Baragon, kinda resembles a Styracosaurus. But I assume this is a different film? Let's face it, Japanese movie history is swarming with films like this.

Brontozaurus

Quote from: Nobs on July 10, 2012, 12:22:43 PM
Does anybody know anything about a show/movie called "Super Giant Monsters Attack" (I might be a little off on the title)

It looks to be Japenese in origin and has man in the rubber suite for the special effects.  I saw a short clip of it on youtube of a GIANT styracosaurus destroying a city.  It looked ineresting but after doing a some further digging I got some conflicting information, is this an old TV show or a movie?

It sounds like another Japanese thing I saw once. It was originally a TV show that was edited together into a movie and dubbed for Western release. In it, giant sentient dinosaurs came from under the earth to destroy humanity. The weird thing is that while the dinosaurs were men in suits, the human protagonists were animated, so the show switched between live-action sequences of spaceships and rampaging dinosaurs to anime.

I remember that it was also rather violent. The alleged good guys defeat a Stegosaurus by ripping off its plates and then tunnelling through it.
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

CityRaptor

This one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICIEzHgJAaA
Original would be Aizenborg or Koseidon. Haven't watched it myself, however.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Roselaar

I saw that on VHS once, it was called 'Dino Catcher Born Free'. Weird, weird show...

Nobs

Wow, that is weird stuff!  Yeah the link posted above was the clip I was talking about.  I found a related clip where a ship used a buzz saw to chop off an arm of an allosaur!  The ship then proceeded to freeze the allosaur ala Han solo in carbonite.  The allosaur was later released by the styracosaur via his flame breath!

Gwangi

Quote from: Roselaar on June 30, 2012, 05:07:57 PM
Of course, whenever there's dinosaurs in the Marvel Universe they're imported from the Savage Land.  ::)

I take it Sauron was involved too then? He's always there when the Savage Land is used, and he's a curious dinosaur related figure by himself:

Hope, no mention of him.

Brontozaurus

That clip is definitely what I was talking about.

A friend of mine couldn't believe that it came from Japan, because according to him Japan can Do No Wrong.
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

Libraraptor

At last I can show my video, because there is a "weird media" thread here!

Okay, here is a delicacy especially for our members who understand German.
It´s me discussing the origin of birds on myvideo. The video is quite old, and it was fun.

http://www.myvideo.de/watch/2179287/Neues_von_Voegeln

Takama

OK, its about time we get this topic up and running again.

Right now, i am reading a book called Z-Rex.  Its about a boy, whos father is a scientist that trys to invent an ultra reality video game in an apartment in New Mexico. One day, his dad tells him that he is going to be away, so he leaves his son (whos only 13) to live in the apartment. However as the days go by, he gets a visit from a stranger who suposibly was sent from his dad to check on him. then days later, something huge, attacks the apartment. We later find out that it was a Genetically engenerd T-Rex, that has longer arms with human like hands, and a back that tucks away a pair of Dragon like wings. The creators of this beast called it a Z-Rex, and later, the boy ends up travalling with the monster to find his father while being chased by secret agents.     
(it turns out, the guy who checked up on the boy was one of these agents)
Its a good book, if you take it for what it is
http://www.amazon.com/Z-Rex-Hunting-Steve-Cole/dp/B00381B7NW/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1374423201&sr=8-2&keywords=ZRex

Roselaar

This thread is far too cool to keep lying dormant. Hopefully people will notice it again and continue posting interesting media with dinosaur appearances.

Nobs

Found something!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOpb--mpZB4

Take this link to a preview for a movie called
New Journey At the Earths Core.

It looks really bad (even worse than Queen kong!)
BUT there are claymation dinos in it!

Takama

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Takama on July 21, 2013, 05:15:44 PM
OK, its about time we get this topic up and running again.

Right now, i am reading a book called Z-Rex.  Its about a boy, whos father is a scientist that trys to invent an ultra reality video game in an apartment in New Mexico. One day, his dad tells him that he is going to be away, so he leaves his son (whos only 13) to live in the apartment. However as the days go by, he gets a visit from a stranger who suposibly was sent from his dad to check on him. then days later, something huge, attacks the apartment. We later find out that it was a Genetically engenerd T-Rex, that has longer arms with human like hands, and a back that tucks away a pair of Dragon like wings. The creators of this beast called it a Z-Rex, and later, the boy ends up travalling with the monster to find his father while being chased by secret agents.     
(it turns out, the guy who checked up on the boy was one of these agents)
Its a good book, if you take it for what it is
http://www.amazon.com/Z-Rex-Hunting-Steve-Cole/dp/B00381B7NW/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1374423201&sr=8-2&keywords=ZRex

Rise of the Planet of the World War Z. rex

Ultimatedinoking

I once saw a "documentary" that was full of made up junk.

Pterosaurs had "infrared urine vision" to find Dino nests.

Parasaurolophus' crest could make enough noise to hurt theropods

T Rex's teeth were sharp enough to slice trike flesh (which was said to be very soft)

Triceratops' frill was a indestructible plate.

And the best part, raptors talked with hand signals!

I don't remember the name, but I think discovery made it, so I'm not surprised. This is the same people who made a "documentary" (actually two) about mermaids. And another about living megalodons!
I may not like feathered dinosaurs and stumpy legged Spinosaurs, but I will keep those opinions to myself, I will not start a debate over it, I promise. 😇
-UDK

Gwangi

That would have been "Clash of the Dinosaurs". Pretty horrible.

Ultimatedinoking

Quote from: Gwangi on July 24, 2014, 10:37:41 PM

Ah, a horrible name for a horrible show!
I may not like feathered dinosaurs and stumpy legged Spinosaurs, but I will keep those opinions to myself, I will not start a debate over it, I promise. 😇
-UDK

Ultimatedinoking

Quote from: Gwangi on July 24, 2014, 10:37:41 PM

A horrible name for a horrible show!
-UDK

stargatedalek

still beats Jurassic Fight Club

Ultimatedinoking

-UDK

HD-man

Quote from: Ultimatedinoking on July 25, 2014, 10:05:32 PM
Quote from: stargatedalek on July 25, 2014, 10:03:59 PM
still beats Jurassic Fight Club

Come on, that one was ok.

The following parodies sum up why they're both very bad. The only thing that might make CofD worse than JFC is the quote-mining.

I'm also known as JD-man at deviantART: http://jd-man.deviantart.com/

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: