News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Dawn of the Dinosaurs: Triassic Toys

Started by Gwangi, January 02, 2015, 08:18:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwangi

Jeeze, I can't believe I forgot to put the CollectA Liliensternus in my group picture! Now I have to take another one...

Bokisaurus

^-^ Reminds me of my thread back in the old day ;D
Here are some of my Triassic figures... note some may not belong in the group, these are old photos ;)
[]

Gwangi

That's what I'm talking about! Thanks Boki!  ^-^

Bokisaurus

Quote from: Gwangi on January 08, 2015, 10:29:11 PM
That's what I'm talking about! Thanks Boki!  ^-^

Fun, eh? ^-^
A few more I missed-
[
[
[]

Not all triassic
[
[]

LophoLeeVT

oh gwangi i got the arizonasaur from bully land have some dinos to trade with him
check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

Halichoeres

What a great thread! I had no idea the Dawn of the Dinosaurs line even existed. Does anyone have any photos?

I do wish companies would pay a little more attention to this era. I wouldn't mind seeing a Cymbospondylus, some kind of thalattosaur, a Kannemeyeria, and some more of the big temnospondyls. I have to say, though, that I feel lucky to live in a world where I can have Postosuchus, Arizonasaurus, Triadobatrachus, and Mastodonsaurus on my shelf.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: Halichoeres on April 17, 2015, 01:44:16 PM
What a great thread! I had no idea the Dawn of the Dinosaurs line even existed. Does anyone have any photos?

I do companies would pay a little more attention to this era. I wouldn't mind seeing a Cymbospondylus, some kind of thalattosaur, a Kannemeyeria, and some of the other big temnospondyls. I have to say, though, that I feel lucky to live in a world where I can have Postosuchus, Arizonasaurus, Triadobatrachus, and Mastodonsaurus on my shelf.
Was under the impression that the dawn of the dinosaurs was just a name chosen for this thread, which is to showcase figures from........
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Chad

Dawn of the Dinosaurs is actually a set of figures from an Exposition in demand. I don't have any pictures handy but here's a link to Clawmark Toys' page as they still sell them:

http://www.clawmarktoys.com/product_info.php?products_id=4546

Acheson Designs sells a a nifty Kannemeyeria:

http://www.achesoncreations.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=productdetails&virtuemart_product_id=603&virtuemart_category_id=50

I, too, wish more Triassic figures would get made. I think it's the most interesting Mesozoic era, actually. The Bullyland figures for the Triassic are outstanding and I'd give a lot to get them to make more.

Halichoeres

Thanks for the info, Chad! When I saw that Kannemeyeria in the photo, I thought right away, "Way out of my price range," but then I saw the actual price and it's pretty reasonable.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Chad

It's a nice little figure though keep in mind in comes unpainted. I hope they'll consider making more figures and they have a nice selection of species available. The Cotylorhyncus is a nice one, too. Their feathered Gallimimus is pretty great, as well.

postsaurischian

These are the 3 resin figures from the 2010 "Dawn of the Dinosaurs" exhibition.
The Frenguellisaurus came in two versions.

Exaeretodon

Frenguellisaurus

Saurosuchus

Chad

I love the Exaertodon. He looks like a character from a Ralph Bakshi cartoon.

Gwangi

That Exaertodon, it looks so...so sad! I just want to make him feel better about whatever is ruining his day. Seriously though, I need to know how to get this set.

SpittersForEver

How do I get this set please? It looks amazing!

CityRaptor

Quote from: Gwangi on April 18, 2015, 04:04:28 AM
That Exaertodon, it looks so...so sad! I just want to make him feel better about whatever is ruining his day. Seriously though, I need to know how to get this set.

Probably Archosaurs.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Gwangi

Quote from: CityRaptor on April 18, 2015, 11:40:28 AM
Quote from: Gwangi on April 18, 2015, 04:04:28 AM

Probably Archosaurs.

Oh I'm sure, they ruined the day for a lot of synapsids.

CityRaptor

Yep. Digging up the old thread for this collection: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=684.0

They are pretty much doing it on the boxart:
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

SBell

Quote from: SpittersForEver on April 18, 2015, 10:59:49 AM
How do I get this set please? It looks amazing!

Go back in time about four years when the exhibition was on in Japan, and hope you can find a seller  ;D. Clawmark Toys still had a few of the smaller capsule figures last I looked (it's been a while) but the bigger polystones were quite pricey even when new, and not all that easy to get (I only have the Frenguellisaurus).

If you need a larger Saurosuchus, there is one from Acheson creations that is easily available:

http://achesoncreations.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=productdetails&virtuemart_product_id=582&virtuemart_category_id=50

It's a plastic figure and you'll have to paint it yourself. This is the one I have:

LophoLeeVT

check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: