News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Tallin's Palaeoart and Sculpts

Started by Tallin, January 03, 2015, 08:34:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tallin

Since I'm currently studying to go into the concept art and design industry for games and films, I though I'd post some of my dino works here to see what you guys think...I'm also hoping to teach myself some 3D sculpting this month!

This is Suchomimus Tenerinsis - (my all time dino favourite)

kreativtek

It looks great. Despite the lack of colouration, I can see that you have some serious skills. I particularly like shading around the neck and limbs. As far as anatomy is concerned, I am not an expert, but I think you got the bone structure and muscling underneath the skin right.

I look forward to seeing your first sculpts!

spinosaurus1

i saw this on deviantart minutes ago. nice work. same as you, i plan on getting into sculpting sometime this year

DinoLord

Nice work. The color scheme is simple but effective. Anatomically it looks quite good. However the tail is a bit thin (a common mistake) - theropod tails were likely well-muscled at the base.

DinoToyForum

Arul

Manatee

Very nice drawing! You're obviously skilled at paleoart already, so I look forward to seeing more from you. Good luck in your 3D sculpting endeavors as well.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Paleogene Pals

alexeratops

You're doing great, I can't wait to see more from you! :)
like a bantha!

Tallin

Dilophosaurus! I know the neck is a bit long and bendy but I didn't have time to change it in the end! He's chasing a baby Syntarsus

Concavenator

Good work but try not to shrink wrap any dinosaur and not making pronated hands either  :)

Tallin

Guanlong characterised drawing - with the colour scheme I hope to repaint my Safari Guanlong with when it arrives:

Blade-of-the-Moon

DinoLord

The Guanlong is really nice, especially with all the pointy bits. Have you repainted any figures before? If so we'd love to see some examples!

Tallin

I repainted the Carnegie deltadromeus a week or two ago, and will post up some photos once I've repainted my guanlong too!

fabricious

Really a great color scheme in the Guanlong, and the overall character is really nice as well! Can't wait to see more drawings from you. ;)

Tallin

Thank you all very much! I'm learning to use the autodesk sculpting software now so soon I should have some 3d models in progress to post up ~

Tallin

My first go at tacking computer modelling! This is only at a very basic stage. It's going to be a guanlong hopefully!

fabricious

The shape is looking good so far! You seem to be getting along quite well with digital sculpting.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: