News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Large Styracosaurus diorama

Started by Geemfive, January 06, 2015, 05:36:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geemfive

Hi

I have already posted these images in another category, but since the response there was rather lame I guess I simply put it in the wrong category so I post them again here, hoping to reach more viewers.  :)

This is a little diorama/base I made for one of my favorite models, the large Styracosaurus made by X-Plus which I was happy to aquire lately.

I'm not really happy with the little ferns which are just too small... so I'm hoping to find bigger ones to replace them soon.

In case you're interested, the base is made of polyurethane foam, the roots are real roots from a dead Bonsai tree.

Here you can see the work in progress:

Blade-of-the-Moon

Nice, the ceratopsian on the cliff is a pretty popular  concept, Reminds me of David Krentz Einosaurus. I like it.

amargasaurus cazaui

I actually really like what you are doing there...have never been a big fan of the thinned out look of that Styracosaurus sculpt , but a nice base would sure give it a nice look . Nice, and quite original too....
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Dinomike

Looks great! The rocky base is really well painted and the roots blend in a very realistic fashion!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Paleogene Pals

Arul

Federreptil

I like the use of the ascending roots in the base too. Thats looks very impressive. Don`t worry about the small ferns but I agree bigger ones will be not bad. It should possible to get bigger palm tree heads for cropping or handmade cut leafs with paper like the cycads in the tamiya kits.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.