News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

2016 Hopes & Dreams

Started by Concavenator, January 10, 2015, 12:05:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Concavenator

Also,next year marks CollectA's 10th Anniversary!It's curious,last year was Carnegie's 25th anniversary.We'll see (in November ) how CollectA does in theirs.I bet 2016 will be CollectA's best year to date.Though,again,this year was better than last.I'm curious as to what species they will release.This is my wishlist for CollectA:(considering the amount of figures released this year;15)

Standard Range:
Oxalaia with Prey - A shark
Regaliceratops
Pachyrhinosaurus (Resculpt,possibly even feathered)
Lythronax (a sleeping one would be awesome)
Altirhinus
Troodon family
Shuuvuia family
Megaraptor (feathered as it might have been a tyrannosauroid)

Deluxe Range:
Ekrixinatosaurus
Deinocheirus (a whole new sculpt,including a more advanced feathering)

Prehistoric mammals
Basilosaurus
Dimetrodon in a mammalian appearance,with a half-sail
Gorgonops

[Supreme Range:
Yi
Microraptor

How much do you guys like this lineup? All are exotic species that I love.

Regarding Papo,we know next years' lineup:

Baryonyx
Velociraptor
Iguanodon
Kaprosuchus

suspsy

As I recall, the interview with the Korean Papo sculptor mentioned that he was currently working on the feathered Velociraptor. I interpreted that to mean that it's scheduled for 2017.

A new Deluxe Deinocheirus from CollectA would be most welcome!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Takama

Im relly attracted to CollectAs Megafuana figures.   I hope they can give us at least three or more mammals each year

For 2016 i wish to see a new Paracerathirum and Woolly Mammoth(the current ones look cartoonish)

Also a Ground sloth.  I dont care if its Megatherium or Mylodon.   Also need a Short Faced Bear.

Halichoeres

Quote from: suspsy on August 28, 2015, 03:12:07 AM
As I recall, the interview with the Korean Papo sculptor mentioned that he was currently working on the feathered Velociraptor. I interpreted that to mean that it's scheduled for 2017.

A new Deluxe Deinocheirus from CollectA would be most welcome!

Think you're right about the timing of the Velociraptor. However, the interview was only with the dinosaur sculptor, so we could still get a marine reptile from another sculptor. I have my fingers crossed for a nice scaly Ichthyosaurus!  ;D
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

amargasaurus cazaui

Fingers crossed this might be the year someone does something about the gap in the figures market where a nice fairly accurate Psittacosaurus belongs...with the retire of the Carnegie figure, there really is not a decent alternative for this niche.
    A few of the more recent species found might be nice, of course...aquilops, Kulindadromeus, and Pegomastax, they all top my short list of missing in action .
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Halichoeres

Quote from: Concavenator on August 28, 2015, 12:01:40 AM
Troodon family
Shuuvuia family

It would be great to see them do more families of tiny dinosaurs, but they haven't done any in several years. I wonder if they didn't sell well.

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on August 28, 2015, 06:01:11 PM
Fingers crossed this might be the year someone does something about the gap in the figures market where a nice fairly accurate Psittacosaurus belongs...with the retire of the Carnegie figure, there really is not a decent alternative for this niche.
    A few of the more recent species found might be nice, of course...aquilops, Kulindadromeus, and Pegomastax, they all top my short list of missing in action .

All the way on board with those ideas.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

suspsy

Safari Ltd's Facebook page has asked people to guess how many dinosaurs are in store for 2016. I can only assume that's a sign of impending goodness. :)

joossa

Quote from: suspsy on August 28, 2015, 11:26:41 PM
Safari Ltd's Facebook page has asked people to guess how many dinosaurs are in store for 2016. I can only assume that's a sign of impending goodness. :)

Ooohh yeah! :))
I really hope they have more than last year now that we won't have any new additions from the Carnegie line. Has Doug Watson addressed this possibility?
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Lusotitan

I'd like something from Schleich that isn't just a raptor, Giganotosaurus, or tyrannosaur again.

Balaur

It'd be awesome to see an accurate non shrink wrapped dromaeosaur or Balaur from Safari!

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: joossa on August 29, 2015, 12:32:52 AM
Quote from: suspsy on August 28, 2015, 11:26:41 PM

Ooohh yeah! :))
I really hope they have more than last year now that we won't have any new additions from the Carnegie line. Has Doug Watson addressed this possibility?
I may be wrong but I felt Doug had pretty well stated the 2016 models were finished and in the bag even before the Carnegie thing hit...could be wrong, but I felt it was close if not on
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

suspsy

Doug said he was currently working on 2017 stuff---which did not include any prehistoric mammals. My guess is that the 2016 line will again consist of four animals. Can't wait to see them!

Concavenator

Quote from: suspsy on August 30, 2015, 01:23:59 PM
Doug said he was currently working on 2017 stuff---which did not include any prehistoric mammals. My guess is that the 2016 line will again consist of four animals. Can't wait to see them!
I don't think he said that there wouldn't be prehistoric,but now there's the possibility to make them.I've just refreshed my memory:Doug had finished the 2016s in September 2014.That means that there will be NO Spinosaurus.From the recent (from 2010 to now) the most likely to join the line is (I think) Kosmoceratops .I would like a Qianzhousaurus and Deinocheirus (these two are relatively possible,but not sure they're in time for 2016 (if Safari has plans on these two,that is).
Quote from: Balaur on August 29, 2015, 02:24:57 AM
It'd be awesome to see an accurate non shrink wrapped dromaeosaur or Balaur from Safari!
There's this year's Archaeopteryx,which is great.A Balaur would be awesome! (now even more since it actually was a bird).
Anyways,the new Safari releases could pop up any day now,I'm damn excited!

suspsy

Well, I guessed the right number on Safari Ltd's Facebook page. They will be releasing SIX dinosaurs in 2016! :D

Concavenator

Quote from: suspsy on September 01, 2015, 12:06:52 PM
Well, I guessed the right number on Safari Ltd's Facebook page. They will be releasing SIX dinosaurs in 2016! :D
That's the highest they will have done in recent years.So the news are right near the corner,aren't they?The fact they've already revealed the number of models could potentially mean these news aren't that far away!I'm holding my breath...  ;)

sauroid

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Halichoeres

That's a lot better than four! And as someone pointed out before, these probably would have been planned before the Carnegie relationship was dissolved, so I imagine that will ramp up a bit in 2017.

suspsy

Quote from: sauroid on September 01, 2015, 01:42:27 PM
awww just six... :(

There were only four in 2015 and 2014, so I'd say this is very good news!

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Quote from: Halichoeres on September 01, 2015, 02:38:35 PM
That's a lot better than four! And as someone pointed out before, these probably would have been planned before the Carnegie relationship was dissolved, so I imagine that will ramp up a bit in 2017.

Ooooh! I didn't think of that... Even better!

sauroid

i dont know if this has been mentioned before but CollectA need to update their Allosaurus figure. it looks as horrible as their Eustreptospondylus. (at least they have resculpted their Neovenator. that's one of the ugliest figures from CollectA's first wave). also an updated Dilophosaurus and Styracosaurus. ok let's put it this way, they should update ALL their first wave figures.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: