You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR 1:35 Utahraptor ostrommaysorum Museum Class Replica “Wind Hunter” [updated]

Started by REBOR_STUDIO, January 13, 2015, 08:05:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TJ_Terrorsaur

Alas Venah did start to lean, not badly but enough she was about to drag her wing on the ground. It did make it look like she was a cheetah taking a sharp turn. She stood for nearly 2 days without any help and even then she wasn't touching the 'floor' or the base of the shelf I had her on.

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on May 06, 2015, 01:23:52 AM
Got my Wind Hunter today and she is lovely!  Like Dobber said, the ankle doesn't seem to be a different, rubbery-er type of plastic as noted on the first runs and she SEEMS to be standing perfectly for now.  That said, I'm keeping on eye on her just in case.

Gotta admit though...for a while, she's going to be spending some time off the stand just being in my hands so I can admire the detail!  Love this figure!

Awesome! I love the blue hues on her feathers, how about you? OMG and her feathery tail. <3 Haha I love my Venah and I can't wait to see that Acro. Congrats on your Windhunter arriving!

Shadowknight1

I honestly wasn't expecting to see the blue hues on the wings!  So far Wind Huntress is still keeping her head high, thankfully, but keeping an eye on her.  Now, I will say, I haven't "assembled" it the way REBOR suggested, ie. pushing the peg as far into the foot as I can and then setting it on the stand, but it's definitely in the cards if she starts to lean forward.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

TJ_Terrorsaur

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on May 06, 2015, 03:04:32 AM
I honestly wasn't expecting to see the blue hues on the wings!  So far Wind Huntress is still keeping her head high, thankfully, but keeping an eye on her.  Now, I will say, I haven't "assembled" it the way REBOR suggested, ie. pushing the peg as far into the foot as I can and then setting it on the stand, but it's definitely in the cards if she starts to lean forward.

Neither was I, and the details on all of her feathers is simply breathtaking, she's gorgeous and looks just as fierce as she is stunning. I have her facing both my Y-Rex and Ceratosaurus 'roaring' at them.  8)
I won't lie I would love love love (ad love 10 more times) to see Rebor do another raptor or another Dromaeosaur laying on a nest of eggs. ^_^ 

Shadowknight1

Well, my Wind Huntress was leaning quite a bit when I came home.  Surprisingly, mine leans more to the side rather than trying to stick her nose in the dirt.  To support her, I used a cardboard triangle that came with one of my Jurassic World mini dinos.  May not be pretty, but it works.

TJ_Terrorsaur

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on May 07, 2015, 12:46:09 AM
Well, my Wind Huntress was leaning quite a bit when I came home.  Surprisingly, mine leans more to the side rather than trying to stick her nose in the dirt.  To support her, I used a cardboard triangle that came with one of my Jurassic World mini dinos.  May not be pretty, but it works.

That is exactly what mine did. It looked like she was about to take a turn to sharply or something. Luckily my husband had a clear rod lying around from one of his figures. She still looks great though. :)

tanystropheus

Quote from: Dobber on May 04, 2015, 01:08:32 PM
Quote from: TJ_Terrorsaur on May 02, 2015, 03:41:49 PM
Quote from: Dobber on April 30, 2015, 09:56:08 PM
I just received my Utahraptor, and wanted to report if there are any fixes/differences between it and the earlier release.

The leg seems to be made of a firmer plastic. I can not say this with certainty, but the earlier reviews said that the lower leg seemed to be made of a softer material and this doesn't SEEM to be the case with mine. I left it standing on the base for a few minutes and didn't notice any lean. However, as I can not be certain if there is an actual fix, since Rebor has not confirmed it, I decided to add a small clear Acrylic rod for added support.....just in case.  ;)

The lower body also seems to be more brown than what was seen in other reviews as well, where it seemed to be more yellow.  Admittedly, that may just be a result of lighting and camera effects. I really like it, in it's Awesomebro way. The detail is beautiful....particularly the head. Oh yes, I had no problems opening the jaw on this one either. Here are pictures of mine with accurate color, for mine and the added support rod.

Chris

About how tall is that clear rod? I want to buy one just in case my raptor decides she wants lean over to inspect the ground.

Hi Tj, sorry I missed your question. These are the rods I used
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0006O6QXU
There are other sizes available but I felt this diameter would be less intrusive. I just trimmed one of the rods till it fit where I wanted it to go. I just "eye-balled" it.

Chris

I purchased the rod. It seems to get the job done, but the actual rod is rather flimsy. I would suggest a larger diameter that could properly support the weight of the raptor.

tanystropheus

After a few unsuccessful attempts, I found a permanent fix for the Utahraptor:

(1) get a 2" acrylic riser

(2) flip it upside down

(3) have the riser hold up the Utahraptor as well about half of the base [the Utahraptor's right foot should be on the other side of the riser and the riser should fit smoothly/snugly into the groove (the area between the lifted right foot and the excess skin flap of the dinosaur)]

I would post pics if my sibling didn't lose the camera.

Shadowknight1

Quote from: tanystropheus on June 24, 2015, 04:31:52 AM
After a few unsuccessful attempts, I found a permanent fix for the Utahraptor:

(1) get a 2" acrylic riser

(2) flip it upside down

(3) have the riser hold up the Utahraptor as well about half of the base [the Utahraptor's right foot should be on the other side of the riser and the riser should fit smoothly/snugly into the groove (the area between the lifted right foot and the excess skin flap of the dinosaur)]

I would post pics if my sibling didn't lose the camera.
I just bought a few acrylic risers, so hopefully one of them will do the trick.  Also, as much as I hate doing it because I do appreciate the added articulation, I'm gluing my Wind Huntress's wings in.  They keep falling off.  This will also prevent me from storing her in her box, but it's a small price to pay to not have to readjust the arms.

EDIT: This is my temporary solution until my risers get here.  Inelegant, but humorous.

Victoria's Cantina

I just bought the Utahraptor as my first REBOR dino from BBTS. Unfortunately, it leans pretty badly. I like the ideas presented here as far as fixes go. I may need to try one of those clear rods. The right arm on mine is also very loose and has already fallen off once. It seems like the peg on the right arm is shorter and thinner than the one on the left. Has anyone else had this issue? I love the raptor but am kinda on the fence about keeping it or sending it back and trying out a different REBOR model instead.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Victorias Cantina on June 28, 2015, 03:15:27 AM
I just bought the Utahraptor as my first REBOR dino from BBTS. Unfortunately, it leans pretty badly. I like the ideas presented here as far as fixes go. I may need to try one of those clear rods. The right arm on mine is also very loose and has already fallen off once. It seems like the peg on the right arm is shorter and thinner than the one on the left. Has anyone else had this issue? I love the raptor but am kinda on the fence about keeping it or sending it back and trying out a different REBOR model instead.
Just a word of warning; if you're considering a different Rebor, then avoid the Ceratosaurus as well. It has been reported that it too has standing issues. As far as I know, the other Rebor dinos are OK.

Victoria's Cantina

Quote from: tyrantqueen on June 28, 2015, 04:39:46 AMJust a word of warning; if you're considering a different Rebor, then avoid the Ceratosaurus as well. It has been reported that it too has standing issues. As far as I know, the other Rebor dinos are OK.

Thank you. I've read about that as well, which is unfortunate given how awesome it looks! I also really like the base it comes with. If they let me exchange for something different I may opt for the Yutyrannus instead and just pay the difference.

tanystropheus

Quote from: Victorias Cantina on June 28, 2015, 03:15:27 AM

I like using acrylic risers for support because of the transparency. I arrived at a solution with a flipped 2" acrylic riser. I wish I could post pictures. It's been stable so far. Strangely enough, my Cerato is still standing after I forced it into a stable position. It doesn't stand without the base, in particular, support from the tree stump.

Dobber

The acrylic rod I used and posted for mine works really well. No leaning issues. As someone else pointed out, the rods I used FEEL flimsy as they bend easy, but for the length you'll need and the small amount of weight it needs to support it works fine. Plus it is nice and thin so it's less intrusive.

Chris

My post from the previous page:
Quote from: Dobber on April 30, 2015, 09:56:08 PM
I just received my Utahraptor, and wanted to report if there are any fixes/differences between it and the earlier release.

The leg seems to be made of a firmer plastic. I can not say this with certainty, but the earlier reviews said that the lower leg seemed to be made of a softer material and this doesn't SEEM to be the case with mine. I left it standing on the base for a few minutes and didn't notice any lean. However, as I can not be certain if there is an actual fix, since Rebor has not confirmed it, I decided to add a small clear Acrylic rod for added support.....just in case.  ;)

The lower body also seems to be more brown than what was seen in other reviews as well, where it seemed to be more yellow.  Admittedly, that may just be a result of lighting and camera effects. I really like it, in it's Awesomebro way. The detail is beautiful....particularly the head. Oh yes, I had no problems opening the jaw on this one either. Here are pictures of mine with accurate color, for mine and the added support rod.

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

tanystropheus

Viking Spawn

Just wanted to share some of my photography of this interesting piece.  Vicious looking thing with a doubt.   ;)

My full online gallery can be found here.  Enjoy!   ^-^

https://picasaweb.google.com/VikingSpawn/UTAHRAPTOROSTROMMAYSORUMWINDHUNTER#

Erwinonychus

Received my Wind Hunter yesterday.

It's a great model, with no flaws at all.

During the unboxing of my raptor, I noticed the metal rod was a bit longer in comparison with pictures I've seen from different owners. I also think the hole into the foot of the raptor is a bit deeper. Because of this, my raptor stands firmly into the base, and doesn't fall over at all.

I think REBOR has listened to the critics, hope they will confirm my story someday.....

darylj

thats a great figure... not sure about the hands though... they look... dislocated

Shonisaurus

With regard to my utahraptor unfortunately not kept up properly either. One of his front legs out. Finally open their jaws has been for me a "feat", they were as stuck.

It is very beautiful in terms continent, painting, sculpture but in content have those defects.

Victoria's Cantina

Quote from: Erwinonychus on October 08, 2015, 08:48:49 AM
Received my Wind Hunter yesterday.

It's a great model, with no flaws at all.

Congrats. Hopefully yours doesn't start to lean. Mine was fine initially but then after a couple days started plunging toward the ground.

tyrantqueen

People objected to the idea of Rebor switching to polystone for their toys, but how about something similar to the material that Favorite Ltd. statues are made from? Resin if I'm not mistaken. Favorite's statues are around the same price as Rebor's toys but are made from a superior material. Something doesn't make sense.... ???

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: