You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR 1:35 Utahraptor ostrommaysorum Museum Class Replica “Wind Hunter” [updated]

Started by REBOR_STUDIO, January 13, 2015, 08:05:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowknight1

At the very least, a different material should be used for the foot of any dinosaur with a pose as extreme as the Utahraptor's.  I no longer complain because the acrylic riser I bought supports him fine and the other two I had to get to even buy one are now supporting an X-Wing and Smaug.  FYI, don't buy the Smaug figure from WB's shop.  It's overpriced and not worth it.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Victoria's Cantina

So, on Facebook a few days ago, someone asked Rebor about the Utahraptor's leaning issue. Their response: "Already fixed since June 2015"

Can anyone confirm this? I bought mine in June, and well, it had the leaning issue. If they did fix it, then I certainly got older stock from BBTS. However, if it is truly fixed, I wouldn't mind trying my hand at another one.

Raptorqueen89

Quote from: Victoria B on February 14, 2016, 08:42:47 AM
So, on Facebook a few days ago, someone asked Rebor about the Utahraptor's leaning issue. Their response: "Already fixed since June 2015"

Can anyone confirm this? I bought mine in June, and well, it had the leaning issue. If they did fix it, then I certainly got older stock from BBTS. However, if it is truly fixed, I wouldn't mind trying my hand at another one.

I would love to know this too because I'm yet to buy the wind hunter, and although it isn't a favourite of mine, the leaning issue was a deal breaker for me :(

Shadowknight1

I believe the ones that BBTS got were supposedly the "fixed" ones.  Honestly, I think the only answer here is to either live somewhere constantly cool or use something to prop it up. :-\

Erwinonychus

Quote from: Raptorqueen89 on February 17, 2016, 07:10:23 AM

I would love to know this too because I'm yet to buy the wind hunter, and although it isn't a favourite of mine, the leaning issue was a deal breaker for me :(

I've ordered my Utahraptor back in september and I have the new version. The metal rod is longer, and my Utahraptor is standing firmly on it's base. No leaning at all. Lucky me >:D.

So Victoria, the new version is definitely an improvement and I think it will be a great addition to your collection

Victoria's Cantina

Quote from: Erwinonychus on February 17, 2016, 02:33:55 PM

I've ordered my Utahraptor back in september and I have the new version. The metal rod is longer, and my Utahraptor is standing firmly on it's base. No leaning at all. Lucky me >:D.

So Victoria, the new version is definitely an improvement and I think it will be a great addition to your collection

Thanks! A longer rod would certainly help to keep it upright. I might order another soon.

Shadowknight1

How long is the rod that your's came with, if you don't mind?

Shonisaurus

I particularly like the utahraptor had been on a fixed base.

Moreover it does not attract me are your detachable arms, I understand that is a big mistake.

Finally I acknowledge that the figure is well finished but unfortunately lacks paleontological rigor.

Sim

Quote from: Shonisaurus on February 21, 2016, 04:25:24 PM
Moreover it does not attract me are your detachable arms, I understand that is a big mistake.

Finally I acknowledge that the figure is well finished but unfortunately lacks paleontological rigor.

I agree.

Erwinonychus

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on February 18, 2016, 04:38:11 AM

How long is the rod that your's came with, if you don't mind?

Sorry for the long wait

I've measured the rod: exactly 3 cm (1,2 inch)

Here some pictures:

Victoria's Cantina

Quote from: Erwinonychus on February 21, 2016, 05:31:39 PM
Sorry for the long wait

Here some pictures:

Very cool that it has held up and not started to droop! Thanks for sharing. I actually just ordered it again yesterday. Here's hoping my luck is just as good as yours on my second try. :)

Shadowknight1

Sorry for the long wait

The rod for mine appears to be 1.25 inches, yet it still droops.  Mind if I ask what kind of weather you deal with?  That might be a factor as well.

joossa

-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Erwinonychus

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on February 28, 2016, 01:48:53 AM
Sorry for the long wait

The rod for mine appears to be 1.25 inches, yet it still droops.  Mind if I ask what kind of weather you deal with?  That might be a factor as well.

Well I live in Holland which has a boreal climate. The temperature this winter varies between -4 - +10 degrees celcius. In summer it gets 30 degrees sometimes, we shall see if my Utahraptor is gonna lean with those temperatures.

Maybe my models feet are from a harder plastic?

Quote from: joossa on February 28, 2016, 06:00:43 AM
Your display is very classy, Erwinonychus!  :))

Thank you Joossa. Im looking forward to the coming 1:35 models of Rebor so i can grow my collection and have my own dinosaur "museum"

Viking Spawn

I haven't had any problems with mine either.  But I also think I got the "improved" version as well.  I live in northern Ohio so we can have hot humid summers and frigid cold winters.  The best of both worlds...  I think?  :-\

Victoria's Cantina

I received my new Utahraptor on Friday. I unboxed it this morning and it looks quite good. I measured the post on mine to be about 1.20"... it wasn't quite 1.25". It has held up quite well since then, though I need more time to determine whether or not it will hold. My last one started leaning within the same timeframe. 

One issue I did notice with this one is that getting the arms into the sockets is quite difficult.  I cannot get them all the way in, and it feels as if I'm going to break it.  I'm even a scared to rotate them or pull them out since they don't want to budge, and I can see the pegs being stretched.  This is interesting because it was the opposite problem on the last one I had... the arms were too loose and would even fall out on their own.

tyrantqueen

Have you tried lubricating the joints? A little dab might help it slide in easier. Silicone based lube is safe for plastic.

Bucklander

Starboy

I got mine over a month ago and it stands up just fine. I also had a bit of a problem getting the wings seated all the way. I took an emery board and gently removed the tiniest bit of material from all around the post and it seats well now. This guy is one of my favorites and it generates a lot of comments from visitors to my office. That's saying something considering it's situated among 24 other dinosaur figures.

Victoria's Cantina

Quote from: tyrantqueen on February 29, 2016, 10:22:40 AM
Have you tried lubricating the joints? A little dab might help it slide in easier. Silicone based lube is safe for plastic.

Good thinking. At this point I'm a bit afraid to even try pulling them out to do that.  :P

Quote from: Bucklander on February 29, 2016, 12:28:26 PM
What about trying the wings from your first one, in this new one?

I returned it a long time ago because of the issues it had.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: