You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR 1:35 Utahraptor ostrommaysorum Museum Class Replica “Wind Hunter” [updated]

Started by REBOR_STUDIO, January 13, 2015, 08:05:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wingrave27

If you want a small piece then search eBay seller ID :thewholesaleposco2009 and you should be able to select a size you want👍

ChrisLikesDinosaurs

Not the most glorious of reviews (tech issues aplenty, not enough clear planning), but I have mine up for those interested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6QIcA65Nu4

TJ_Terrorsaur

Quote from: Wingrave27 on March 10, 2015, 08:10:41 PM
If you want a small piece then search eBay seller ID :thewholesaleposco2009 and you should be able to select a size you want👍

Thank you! ^_^

Dobber

I just received my Utahraptor, and wanted to report if there are any fixes/differences between it and the earlier release.

The leg seems to be made of a firmer plastic. I can not say this with certainty, but the earlier reviews said that the lower leg seemed to be made of a softer material and this doesn't SEEM to be the case with mine. I left it standing on the base for a few minutes and didn't notice any lean. However, as I can not be certain if there is an actual fix, since Rebor has not confirmed it, I decided to add a small clear Acrylic rod for added support.....just in case.  ;)

The lower body also seems to be more brown than what was seen in other reviews as well, where it seemed to be more yellow.  Admittedly, that may just be a result of lighting and camera effects. I really like it, in it's Awesomebro way. The detail is beautiful....particularly the head. Oh yes, I had no problems opening the jaw on this one either. Here are pictures of mine with accurate color, for mine and the added support rod.

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Arul

I hope your figure will be okay Chris rebor utahraptor is a great figure :D

Shadowknight1

All I know is that if my Wind Hunter starts to droop, I'm sticking the Papo Velociraptor under it's right foot until I can find a clear support.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

TJ_Terrorsaur

Quote from: Dobber on April 30, 2015, 09:56:08 PM
I just received my Utahraptor, and wanted to report if there are any fixes/differences between it and the earlier release.

The leg seems to be made of a firmer plastic. I can not say this with certainty, but the earlier reviews said that the lower leg seemed to be made of a softer material and this doesn't SEEM to be the case with mine. I left it standing on the base for a few minutes and didn't notice any lean. However, as I can not be certain if there is an actual fix, since Rebor has not confirmed it, I decided to add a small clear Acrylic rod for added support.....just in case.  ;)

The lower body also seems to be more brown than what was seen in other reviews as well, where it seemed to be more yellow.  Admittedly, that may just be a result of lighting and camera effects. I really like it, in it's Awesomebro way. The detail is beautiful....particularly the head. Oh yes, I had no problems opening the jaw on this one either. Here are pictures of mine with accurate color, for mine and the added support rod.

Chris

About how tall is that clear rod? I want to buy one just in case my raptor decides she wants lean over to inspect the ground.

TJ_Terrorsaur

Sorry for the double post.

I just set up my Rebor Utahraptor today and she stands with no, and I mean no drooping and or leaning! The ankle is stiffer than I've seen in other reviews, and if there was anything I had to do to make her flush with her base it was adding a tiny tiny bit of sticky tack under her foot. She liked to swivel and I didn't want her to do that and knock up against anything. My husband is all over "Venah" (Windhunter in dragon's tongue) and says she is his favorite now.  8) I put her on her stand 3 hours ago and I have yet to see her lean over at all.
The polystone base is fantastic as well, I like seeing other raptor skeleton bits on it, and I wonder if they were from a rival pack.
I do plan on taking some photo's of her with some of my other figures, but that will have to wait until I'm feeling better.

Shadowknight1

3 hours may not be enough.  Make sure to keep an eye out over the course of the day.

TJ_Terrorsaur

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on May 03, 2015, 09:57:00 PM
3 hours may not be enough.  Make sure to keep an eye out over the course of the day.

It is now 6:22pm and Venah is still standing on her own. She's been up on her stand since a little after 1pm.

DinoLord

TJ_Terrorsaur

Quote from: DinoLord on May 04, 2015, 01:04:32 AM
Report back to us when summer's in full swing.  ;)

LOL Noted, and I might take you up on that. ;) I might start posting a few pictures a month or just 1 at the end of every month. I'm in TX so it's nearly already summer.  8)

Shadowknight1

Quote from: TJ_Terrorsaur on May 04, 2015, 01:45:58 AM
Quote from: DinoLord on May 04, 2015, 01:04:32 AM
Report back to us when summer's in full swing.  ;)

LOL Noted, and I might take you up on that. ;) I might start posting a few pictures a month or just 1 at the end of every month. I'm in TX so it's nearly already summer.  8)
Oof, Texas, doesn't take long for you to get fully into summer.  I won't be far behind ya.  But I sure hope that these new Utahraptors continue to stand proud rather than sniff the dirt.

TJ_Terrorsaur

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on May 04, 2015, 03:50:31 AM
Oof, Texas, doesn't take long for you to get fully into summer.  I won't be far behind ya.  But I sure hope that these new Utahraptors continue to stand proud rather than sniff the dirt.

No, no it doesn't. LOL. I'm guessing you live either in TX too or...Arizona? Even if they do there are cheap clear rods on eBay for them to rest against. An easy fix that doesn't take away from the figure.

Shadowknight1

Oklahoma actually. ^_^

My Utahraptor should be here Tuesday.  Should've been here tomorrow, but FedEx decided that it needed to go all the way through Oklahoma to Dallas before heading back north.  ::)

TJ_Terrorsaur

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on May 04, 2015, 05:14:03 AM
Oklahoma actually. ^_^

My Utahraptor should be here Tuesday.  Should've been here tomorrow, but FedEx decided that it needed to go all the way through Oklahoma to Dallas before heading back north.  ::)

Awesome please post pictures of him/her when they arrive! Perhaps it was placed on the wrong truck, a 'misload'. As a guy who's husband works at UPS this tends to happen from time to time and I wanna say that's why your Utahraptor visited Dallas and then decided to head north. At any rate I hope that your Utahraptor arrives soon! :)

Wingrave27

It was a whole 3 days before mine was fully leaning so don't get your hopes up just yet!

Dobber

Quote from: TJ_Terrorsaur on May 02, 2015, 03:41:49 PM
Quote from: Dobber on April 30, 2015, 09:56:08 PM

Chris

About how tall is that clear rod? I want to buy one just in case my raptor decides she wants lean over to inspect the ground.

Hi Tj, sorry I missed your question. These are the rods I used
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0006O6QXU
There are other sizes available but I felt this diameter would be less intrusive. I just trimmed one of the rods till it fit where I wanted it to go. I just "eye-balled" it.

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Shadowknight1

Got my Wind Hunter today and she is lovely!  Like Dobber said, the ankle doesn't seem to be a different, rubbery-er type of plastic as noted on the first runs and she SEEMS to be standing perfectly for now.  That said, I'm keeping on eye on her just in case.

Gotta admit though...for a while, she's going to be spending some time off the stand just being in my hands so I can admire the detail!  Love this figure!

Arul

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on May 06, 2015, 01:23:52 AM
spending some time off the stand just being in my hands so I can admire the detail!  Love this figure!
Yes that is how i enjoy almost the all of my figure. I dont want to take the figure out from the container box and display it. For me, it feels like its my treasure lol.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: