You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR 1:35 Utahraptor ostrommaysorum Museum Class Replica “Wind Hunter” [updated]

Started by REBOR_STUDIO, January 13, 2015, 08:05:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TJ_Terrorsaur

Quote from: Wingrave27 on February 28, 2015, 01:32:12 AM
I purchased a small piece of 2mm diameter clear acrylic rod for mine.Doesn't bother me and its not really noticeable unless your up close :D

Where did you buy the clear rod? I'd like to buy one for when I get mine from Dan's Dinosaurs. :)

Arul

Wingrave27

Quote from: TJ_Terrorsaur on March 01, 2015, 05:19:43 AM
I purchased a small piece of 2mm diameter clear acrylic rod for mine.Doesn't bother me and its not really noticeable unless your up close :D

Where did you buy the clear rod? I'd like to buy one for when I get mine from Dan's Dinosaurs. :)

Got it from ebay,you only pay for the amount you want.

tanystropheus

I'm looking around youtube for similar complaints. One particular user seems to resolve the leaning problem at 2:30 of the video. Perhaps, you have to jam in the peg? I don't speak the language so it is unclear to me whether he had the model for a while or if it was recently unboxed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCLmYS6OINU

TJ_Terrorsaur

Quote from: Wingrave27 on March 01, 2015, 05:50:37 PM
Quote from: TJ_Terrorsaur on March 01, 2015, 05:19:43 AM

Got it from ebay,you only pay for the amount you want.

Neat-o! Thank you! ;D

Hathaway

Quote from: tanystropheus on March 02, 2015, 04:15:24 AM
I'm looking around youtube for similar complaints. One particular user seems to resolve the leaning problem at 2:30 of the video. Perhaps, you have to jam in the peg? I don't speak the language so it is unclear to me whether he had the model for a while or if it was recently unboxed.

Mine is jammed into the foot as far as it will possibly go, in fact it's lodged tight enough that I'd have to put some effort into removing it. It still leans.
You can right it for a few minutes by bending it back, but after that over the course of a few hours it leans to the point of resting it's front claws onto the floor.
I've bought everything of Rebor's so far but very disappointed with this. Still, I've more hope for their next two offerings.

Wingrave, who on ebay did you buy from, do you have a link? I've only been able to find quite expensive options for just a small plastic rod, maybe I overlooked something.

tanystropheus

Shadowknight1

On Facebook, REBOR stated that the first look at Acrocanthosaurus will be in May :(.  When I asked about when the Utahraptor would be in stock on BigBadToyStore, they had this to say: "They will have Jolly in stock this month and fixed Wind Hunter in early April :)"
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Arul

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on March 06, 2015, 12:41:10 AM
On Facebook, REBOR stated that the first look at Acrocanthosaurus will be in May :(.  When I asked about when the Utahraptor would be in stock on BigBadToyStore, they had this to say: "They will have Jolly in stock this month and fixed Wind Hunter in early April :)"

Wahh may, still 2 months ago but no problem we can save our money little bit longer  :D

Megalosaurus

Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: tanystropheus on March 06, 2015, 04:57:38 PM
no transparent butterfly clips?

..I'm building a little trunk around wires so it'll look like a dry plant... ;)

Shonisaurus

Honestly, apparently seen I refrain from buying the utahraptor of Rebor, so I see only artficialmente remains standing.

That does not make me any grace, I prefer a resin replica dinosaur in these cases, although they are more expensive.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Shonisaurus on March 06, 2015, 07:24:39 PM
Honestly, apparently seen I refrain from buying the utahraptor of Rebor, so I see only artficialmente remains standing.

That does not make me any grace, I prefer a resin replica dinosaur in these cases, although they are more expensive.

Resin kits are gorgeous.
But I have no time to assemble them and no talent to paint them properly..
Utahraptor from Rebor is a beautiful model and its stability problem is not a "so serious" issue to me.
Personal point of view....  :)

Rathalosaurus

Dude, I very like Dinos and I cannot understand those who don't.

TJ_Terrorsaur

Quote from: Hathaway on March 02, 2015, 10:53:06 AM
Quote from: tanystropheus on March 02, 2015, 04:15:24 AM

Mine is jammed into the foot as far as it will possibly go, in fact it's lodged tight enough that I'd have to put some effort into removing it. It still leans.
You can right it for a few minutes by bending it back, but after that over the course of a few hours it leans to the point of resting it's front claws onto the floor.
I've bought everything of Rebor's so far but very disappointed with this. Still, I've more hope for their next two offerings.

Wingrave, who on ebay did you buy from, do you have a link? I've only been able to find quite expensive options for just a small plastic rod, maybe I overlooked something.

I'm having the same problem. I can't seem to find a very small one. All I'm finding are 12" or so ones.

Arul

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: