News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Jurassic World (Hasbro) - new for 2015

Started by EmperorDinobot, January 15, 2015, 05:22:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

I had similar hopes myself..including but not limited to a big Bull T-Rex sized Mosasaur figure that could swallow figures...:/

Soundtrack-wise if the familiar strains are there..I'm happy.

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 25, 2015, 08:59:43 AM
I had similar hopes myself..including but not limited to a big Bull T-Rex sized Mosasaur figure that could swallow figures...:/

Soundtrack-wise if the familiar strains are there..I'm happy.
still no psittacosaurus in sight?
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Blade-of-the-Moon

no figure of one mentioned yet. the brochure prop from the film mentioned Microceratus..could be the closest you get. :/

Manatee

Let's just hope JurassicCollectibles was right in that the toys look better than the leaked prototypes; then again, it's hard for them to look any worse.

Shadowknight1

One thing I have to wonder about is that I've seen a lot of assumptions about the dinosaurs in the movie, namely that all the dino figures represent creatures that are actually in the movie.  I highly doubt we'll see the return of Dilophosaurus and i think Allosaurus is completely out of the question.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on January 25, 2015, 04:04:21 PM
One thing I have to wonder about is that I've seen a lot of assumptions about the dinosaurs in the movie, namely that all the dino figures represent creatures that are actually in the movie.  I highly doubt we'll see the return of Dilophosaurus and i think Allosaurus is completely out of the question.

There is actually some good reasoning that we might see Dilophosaurus. Could be in the old Park, one cast member said a cg image of it was the discovery center holographic dino display.

Allosaurus isn't on the list..but Metricanthosaurus is.  However Hasbro just seems to go with what's popular/been done before.

stargatedalek

Don't forget LEGO sets will also be featuring dilophosaurus.

CityRaptor

Anyone else thinks that the Raptor with gear looks like she is wearing a headset?

Also some info from the Nuremberg Toyfair:
QuoteA few Dinosaurs were shown. They have fleshwounds like the JP1 toys. Also, there is a playset including the gate, fences but sadly no building like the JP1 version.
No D-Rex (Or what it´s called now)
Also no human figures

I don't know how reliable that info about the wounds is.
Source: http://news.toyark.com/2015/01/29/news-nuremberg-toy-fair-149032
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Fluffysaurus

Oh look! Mosasaurus! Cant Find a direct link image but here you go.
Mosasaurus!

http://m.imgur.com/wZoOygU
My Fluffy is red.
My beaky is green.
I am the cutest Fluffysaurus you have ever seen!

stargatedalek

Blade-of-the-Moon

Buy the Chap Mei-like Mosasaurus and ditch the generic sub and figure...sounds like a plan to me. ;D

Fluffysaurus

Hahaha  :P no i wont. I Will buy this one instead. Cant wait whats more waiting around the corner.
My Fluffy is red.
My beaky is green.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Troodon on February 03, 2015, 07:34:55 PM
Hahaha  :P no i wont. I Will buy this one instead. Cant wait whats more waiting around the corner.

I meant this one is Chap Mei quality.  CM only has a Liop and Elasmosaur..both of which similar the same or better quality wise when comparing them.

Fluffysaurus

I know what you meant, but Jurassic Park related items Brings the kid out in me ;).
Have the same feeling when i was younger hahaha. I cant help myself. I hope the items Will look better then they do now. I also hope they Will release a artbook too.
My Fluffy is red.
My beaky is green.

suspsy

At this point in my collecting "career," I don't think I could ever plunk down money on any of these, not when there's CollectA and Papo and WS to be bought. I want striploin steak and baked potatoes and grilled vegetables, not a Happy Meal.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Fluffysaurus

I Will pick those brands too along the way. I love it all ^-^. This is a good dinosaur year.
My Fluffy is red.
My beaky is green.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: suspsy on February 04, 2015, 12:06:11 AM
At this point in my collecting "career," I don't think I could ever plunk down money on any of these, not when there's CollectA and Papo and WS to be bought. I want striploin steak and baked potatoes and grilled vegetables, not a Happy Meal.

This is something I keep almost telling the JP fans on other sites..I mean several were thrilled with  the flat toothed Dimorphodon and I wanted to show them the WS pieces..I actually I did once...the thing is it wasn't " Jurassic World" labeled so it was ignored. That pretty much proves as long as they label something with a popular franchise most people will buy it for that.

Meso-Cenozoic

OK. A basic question and comment here. Does anyone have a clue why the JP franchise has always geared their product lines towards younger kids? I guess the obvious answer would be because they're demographically the largest market. Haha! But since the beginning, all the toys have really all been TOYS. Don't they think kids nowadays would buy figures also? Heck, that's what I started with. Simple plastic toy replicas to play and fight with. Not these high-end costly things. I'm sure kids still play with plastic toy dinos and solders and such. And I'm sure the parents would rather shuck out a lot less for a figure than some of these others. It's just always bugged me since the first film came out that they never made any decent figure lines that would be more like the ones we buy from... Carnegie, WS, Papo and the rest. Obviously there is still a market for them or these toy figure companies wouldn't survive. Carnegie just celebrated 25 years. And how old is Bullyland and Schleich? They've been around awhile too. And if there wasn't a good market for them, then why are we always seeing new companies still popping up? If the market for the figure lines was that bad, I don't think companies like CollectA, Papo and now REBOR would have taken the chance!

OK. Off my soapbox now. LOL! ::)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Meso-Cenozoic

Haha! I know!! Right! But I still stand by my point that those age groups also buy figures by Safari, Papo, Schleich and the rest. I just always wondered why Spielberg, or whoever would make the final decision, didn't also include a realistic toy figure line too. I bet kids would've also snagged them up as quickly as they were made, because they would've replicated more realistically the creatures from the film. I think there's room enough for both styles of toys. ^-^

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: