News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Jurassic World (Hasbro) - new for 2015

Started by EmperorDinobot, January 15, 2015, 05:22:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EmperorDinobot

The world is going to end because of these.

CityRaptor

Oh please, you are overreacting. They are not THAT bad.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Fluffysaurus

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on January 22, 2015, 11:08:27 AM
Hahaha at least were going to die laughing. Here is another one thats good for your laughing muscles hahahaha. i dont know whats worse. The fact that it looks like a teenage mutant Trex. Or the fact that if it comes out i Will buy it and will die laughing.
My Fluffy is red.
My beaky is green.
I am the cutest Fluffysaurus you have ever seen!

Pachyrhinosaurus

I don't think it was originally intended to be a T. rex, with the three fingers and large spines down the back, so I did a quick photomanipulation:

It was only quick and certainly is not official, but I was curious to see what it would look like as the hybrid.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

triceratops83

I never understood those Playskool toys, like the Star Wars line. What kid, even very young kid, would want derpy figures over the normal range of merchandise? They've still got pointy bits and are made of the same hard plastic, so what's the deal? In this case though, the Playskool versions aren't much worse than the actual toy line.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Fluffysaurus

Oh that could be, the Indominus Rex. Maybe a wrong prototype?
My Fluffy is red.
My beaky is green.

ItsTwentyBelow

Those colorful "swappable" robo-dinosaurs or whatever they are supposed to be are pretty bad. They look they are covered in hex nuts. These are not even close to being appealing as dinosaur figures and I'm shocked that they are part of the JW lineup. No idea who is supposed to find these appealing. Maybe I'm too old, but I don't think I would have ever been into something like this.

I said it yesterday in a previous thread...dinosaur figures are not Transformers, not by a long shot. I guess I can just be relieved that there is so much new merchandise in this thread that I don't want to collect and can instantly write off as "NOT INTERESTED".

Blade-of-the-Moon

I saw this yesterday..yeah I'm not interested. Even though my niece is getting into dinosaurs I'll get her some dino train figures first.

I liked the older playschool line..Definitely Dinosaurs, they tried to be realistic a bit and you could beat up on those guys like a Tonka truck..mine survived landslides, sand storms, swamps and floods. lol

As matter of who will buy them..parents.

I've observed a lot of birthday parties here at the Park and it seems the adults generally get kids things they think he/she will like.  I saw one dino fan rip into this package last year..only to find this transformer/playskool knock off that only superficially resembled a dino/car.  The parent who had picked it up was all smiles while the kid set aside and went for the next one. lol

CityRaptor

That clearly defeats the purpose of making it playskool if it is all spiky...

Hasbro's catalogue:
http://news.toyark.com/2015/01/21/first-official-look-hasbros-jurassic-world-chomping-t-rex-148569
Seems like there are no humans this time...

Introducing Brawlasaurs

Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Blade-of-the-Moon

I actually think the dino hands there look like they will be the most fun toy. lol

Gryphoceratops

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Puc5BzGpjv0

I think it's best to just wait until they actually come out or better photos come out.  Apparently they are a lot better than the prototype photos we are seeing. 

Fluffysaurus

I also wonder what they have cooked up more and what they are hiding more.
Cant wait to see it all. And to see what we Will get here. Im in for Some Jurassic world no matter how silly they look.  ;D
My Fluffy is red.
My beaky is green.

Daspletodave

These Hasbro and Playskool dinos clearly illustrate the vast difference between toys and realistic replicas (like Carnegie).

stargatedalek

Those "brawlasaurs" remind me of Hexbugs

EmperorDinobot

Quote from: CityRaptor on January 22, 2015, 12:06:56 PM
Oh please, you are overreacting. They are not THAT bad.

They are. They really are.

Good thing there's other dino toys to keep my hopes up, but they really dropped the ball on this one.

suspsy

So far, the JW line has been a great disappointment. I have no confidence in the film either, but then I'm a feathers fan through and through.

The good news is that there's plenty of GREAT dinosaur product out this year. I just wish it was as readily available to everyone as Hasbro's.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

alexeratops

Quote from: Troodon on January 22, 2015, 12:26:53 PM
Quote from: EmperorDinobot on January 22, 2015, 11:08:27 AM
Hahaha at least were going to die laughing. Here is another one thats good for your laughing muscles hahahaha. i dont know whats worse. The fact that it looks like a teenage mutant Trex. Or the fact that if it comes out i Will buy it and will die laughing.
Look at the Jurassic world logo on that thing. " im a thyranothauruths rexth huhuh" Looks so derpy! LOL
like a bantha!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Makes sense when you see the original JP Jr Rex.. lol

tanystropheus

Why don't any of the toys in the thread look as good as the Allosaurus and Pachyrhinosaurus?

triceratops83

Quote from: tanystropheus on January 25, 2015, 04:59:05 AM
Why don't any of the toys in the thread look as good as the Allosaurus and Pachyrhinosaurus?

Yeah, all a big disappointment. I was thinking we'd get a bunch of cool stuff mid year, I could be a kid again and go on a movie merchandise shopping spree like the first two Jurassic Park Movies. But I can't get see me getting anything associated with this movie. The soundtrack maybe - Michael Giacchino I'm sure will do a good job.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: