News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Jurassic World (Hasbro) - new for 2015

Started by EmperorDinobot, January 15, 2015, 05:22:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roselaar

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 16, 2015, 08:11:38 AM
Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on January 16, 2015, 08:08:24 AM
I also agree that these new toys (if they stay the way they are in these pics) are missing the identifiable JPisms the earlier toys recognizably had.

BTW, to answer my own question about the origins of the name Indominus, I found it in a link in the Jurassic World thread.... the name Indominus Rex translates into Untamable or Fierce King. Just in case anybody else missed it. :)

Exactly.

Ah from " Indomitable " I suppose..can't be dominated. Now we need a T-Rex in leather with a whip to take him down..  ;D

You mean a DominaT-Rex?  :P

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Roselaar on January 16, 2015, 08:45:32 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 16, 2015, 08:11:38 AM
Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on January 16, 2015, 08:08:24 AM
I also agree that these new toys (if they stay the way they are in these pics) are missing the identifiable JPisms the earlier toys recognizably had.

BTW, to answer my own question about the origins of the name Indominus, I found it in a link in the Jurassic World thread.... the name Indominus Rex translates into Untamable or Fierce King. Just in case anybody else missed it. :)

Exactly.

Ah from " Indomitable " I suppose..can't be dominated. Now we need a T-Rex in leather with a whip to take him down..  ;D

You mean a DominaT-Rex?  :P

Exactly..that's where the D-Rex comes in I guess!

Shadowknight1

Ugh, dino damage again?  And from that tiny pic, the Allosaurus looks awful.  Hasbro, once again putting all their energy into Star Wars and ignoring everything else.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

suspsy

I really am disgusted by the return of permanent Dino Damage. It'd be fine if it could be "healed" like in the original JP and TLW lines, but it was idiotic in the JP3 line and it's idiotic now. It makes the dinosaurs look like zombies.
IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

Blade-of-the-Moon

I think if Hasbro doesn't come through I'm going to make my own JW sets, probably using Schleich ( just not for dinosaurs):

We can make our own Accurate-Park.. ;)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Looks like Hasbro was "inspired" by the Papo Allosaurus again :

ItsTwentyBelow

I must say, I am very disappointed by the direction that was chosen with these new Jurassic World figures. They are all sub-par and are no comparison to the quality we enjoyed from Jurassic Park and The Lost World. They are maybe even a bit worse than the JP3 lineup.

The Lost World Allosaurus was leaps and bounds beyond this hideous monstrosity and that was almost 20 years ago. It reminds me of something you would find in those "Animal Planet" play sets at Toysrus. The newest Allosaurus from 2013 was also pretty good and gave me hope we might see more figures like that.

I don't know if I really have any interest in these.

Pachyrhinosaurus

I don't understand why they didn't just repaint the 2013 allosaurus and pachyrhinosaurus for Jurassic World. We will see them in the movie, so I'm hoping their absence from these photos is just due to them not being new. I also wanted to see the stegosaurus and carnotaurus which were never released, but I'm not going to get my hopes up.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Fluffysaurus

I dont like what i see when i look at them.
Would anyone including me go bananas if neca would make JP dinosaurs?
My Fluffy is red.
My beaky is green.
I am the cutest Fluffysaurus you have ever seen!

Shadowknight1

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 19, 2015, 05:31:47 PM
Looks like Hasbro was "inspired" by the Papo Allosaurus again :

Looks better than the earlier pic, but that perma-wound and massive underbite kills it.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

suspsy

Even if this was 1993, I'd consider that Allosaurus to be terrible. Indeed, with the likely exception of the big T. Rex, I'd consider all these toys bad.

And I'd still complain about the Rex's dislocated jaw.

Gryphoceratops

I found this on the internet.  Bottom right looks like Chris Pratt and a...Baryonyx?  Hard to tell.  Is it real?  http://www.getsomephotos.com/Jurassic-World/857127/photos/

Takama

Looks like we might get the super articulated toys we crave

stargatedalek

its a retool of the 2013 allo, I kind of doubt its official

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Gryphoceratops on January 20, 2015, 01:08:17 AM
I found this on the internet.  Bottom right looks like Chris Pratt and a...Baryonyx?  Hard to tell.  Is it real?  http://www.getsomephotos.com/Jurassic-World/857127/photos/

Not official. It's a custom piece a JP/JW fansite created that has been posted on FB.

Gryphoceratops

Aw man sorry I see it's a custom allo now that the image is bigger.

About the permanent dino damage. It looks like the dimorphodon has a skin piece to cover it if you compare the small image and large detailed photos of it. We may not have zombie dinosaur toys after all.

TJ_Terrorsaur

Quote from: Troodon on January 19, 2015, 10:19:18 PM
I dont like what i see when i look at them.
Would anyone including me go bananas if neca would make JP dinosaurs?

Heck I'd tip my hat, raise my glass, and shout and say Aye to this.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Gryphoceratops on January 20, 2015, 01:02:03 PM
Aw man sorry I see it's a custom allo now that the image is bigger.

About the permanent dino damage. It looks like the dimorphodon has a skin piece to cover it if you compare the small image and large detailed photos of it. We may not have zombie dinosaur toys after all.

That might be a skin patch..but I suspect it's a button for wing flapping motion. I saw another pic and the Spino's tail is hinged I think so you can move it and thus move the head.

CityRaptor

Seems likely. Most JP figures have some kind of action feature, afterall.

Jurassic World Hero Mashers:

Source: http://news.toyark.com/2015/01/19/hero-mashers-star-wars-marvel-jurassic-world-148429
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

suspsy

These are the first JW products that actually look fun.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: