News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Jurassic World (Hasbro) - new for 2015

Started by EmperorDinobot, January 15, 2015, 05:22:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arul

Blade-of-the-Moon

All pics we've seen before..and they still look disappointing

EmperorDinobot

Brawlasaurus can go die in a fire.

I like stylized dinosaurs, y'all know I do. Remember the xtractaurs? I loved those pieces of garbage. But these are just a wee bit too ugly.

stargatedalek

Xtractaurs,  oh the nostalgia!
I wish that's what the "mashers" had ended up like...

Brontozaurus

These look really silly. I want most of them.
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

Roselaar

Finally, the JW toys are starting to look better!:

Blade-of-the-Moon

Let's be honest..they could only go up..lol

Sim

I find those toys disgusting, except for the Tyrannosaurus and Mosasaurus.  I also dislike how so few plant-eaters got toys, there's no stegosaurian, ceratopsian, sauropod...  Yet they've made so many different carnivores!

stargatedalek

Hard to believe it took this long to get a dilophosaurus with projectile spit :P

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Sim on February 14, 2015, 12:21:47 AM
I find those toys disgusting, except for the Tyrannosaurus and Mosasaurus.  I also dislike how so few plant-eaters got toys, there's no stegosaurian, ceratopsian, sauropod...  Yet they've made so many different carnivores!

Recall what Grant said to the kid in JP3 " those two are herbivores and they don't really fight but these are carnivores and really like to fight! " ...so most kids like to make em' fight...carnivores are supposedly more suited to such so we get carnivore toys for the most part.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: stargatedalek on February 14, 2015, 12:32:30 AM
Hard to believe it took this long to get a dilophosaurus with projectile spit :P

True..though I liked the water spitting one too..even more fun when you can add some black ink.. lol That's film accuracy!

Shadowknight1

Ugh...to me, only Indominus Rex looks good enough to buy.  I was hoping that Allosaurusmight end up looking better...not the case, it looks even WORSE!  I'll stick with my Papo one.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

laticauda

Am I the only person that finds the dino damage distracting and horrible.  I thought it made them look ugly when I was young, and even though the new pictures make them look better, the stupid dino damage is still present.  UGGH

suspsy

They're still pretty awful. A far cry from the glory days of the JP and TLW lines.

And no, you are not alone. I've hated the wounds since JP3. At least the ones in the original JP could be covered up. And they weren't always located in the exact same spot along the rib cage.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

stargatedalek

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 14, 2015, 12:34:00 AMTrue..though I liked the water spitting one too..even more fun when you can add some black ink.. lol That's film accuracy!
I also liked that one, sadly the feature didn't fit in all to well with the other figures, even risking damage if used in play with the electronic ones.

stargatedalek

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 13, 2015, 05:59:45 PM
The I-Rex might be worth picking up, it looks alright as the lead for the line/film.

This must be the Mega Strike Rex :

A bit better than the Chomper Rex.
Quote from: dragon53 on February 13, 2015, 03:49:00 PM
Hasbro released photos of Indominus Rex and other dinosaurs from JURASSIC WORLD.

Link: http://www.ew.com/article/2015/02/12/see-new-jurassic-dino-toys%E2%80%94including-first-look-new-indominus-rex?asdf&hootPostID=ae5e941472c33697e682c317f245885d

From the films thread ;)
It seems the OP is in need of an update (or three) Blade would you care to do the honors?

Blade-of-the-Moon

It looks like the figures that with the vehicles will have hidden dino damage you can reveal and then cover up.

Yeah I can.

stargatedalek

I think the dino damage is actually retractable as opposed to removable. That's definitely something promising, should prevent pieces from getting lost.

Shadowknight1

Quote from: stargatedalek on February 14, 2015, 04:49:47 AM
I think the dino damage is actually retractable as opposed to removable. That's definitely something promising, should prevent pieces from getting lost.
That seems to be an odd feature.  Some of those dinos in those pics look like the damage bits are removable, some don't, like the Allosaurus, Pachy, and Ankylosaurus.

Also, forgot to mention, but that "pteranodon" is god-awful.  In EVERY WAY.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Yeah the "pterodactyl" is pretty bad..which is even more odd considering how well the JP3 ones were made.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: