News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Jurassic World (Hasbro) - new for 2015

Started by EmperorDinobot, January 15, 2015, 05:22:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kreativtek

Quote from: stargatedalek on February 14, 2015, 04:49:47 AM
I think the dino damage is actually retractable as opposed to removable. That's definitely something promising, should prevent pieces from getting lost.

What sense does it make to put dino damage on these figures when they're made of hard plastic? The wounds were perfect for the original Jurassic Park toys that had the "real-feel" rubber skin. Now the flesh and bones are thick and shiny and some more sensitive children may be scared of it.

stargatedalek

I was referring specifically to the vehicle pack ones, if you look there's a slight blur effect that I believe represents this sliding feature (and the indominus even seems to have a spine conveniently placed as a sort of handle).

Maybe I was just a tough kid, but I was never bothered by blood or gore (I'd have gone nuts wanting those CollectA corpses when I was little). I don't think kids are so squeamish as to be afraid by injuries like these on figures, grossed out sure I could definitely see that, but not actively afraid. Then again I probably am not a good gauge given I was watching films like JP from a very young age, I'd say watching nature documentaries actually played a large role in my not minding gore, especially animal on animal or animal on person.

That pteranodon is indeed rather depressing, and to think its the one JP/// figure that I'd be willing to bet a consensus would not mind being a repaint, and what we're getting is infinitely worse than its JP3 counterparts.

I have to say overall I'm still disappointed with this line, but these new pics indeed look a lot better than what we were seeing earlier. Lack of hatchlings is disappointing, but I guess its not so bad as not having humans from the movie (I probably wouldn't be buying the humans anyway except for the hatchlings, but generally speaking their lack of inclusion is still troubling). There are definitely a few must have pieces here, those mutants should fit in nicely with the original Chaos Effect and with Star Wars animals (yes I intermingle my SW and CE animals :P ). The ankylosaurus, pachycephalosaurus, and dilophosaurus look pretty good, of this entire line I'd say if any could than these two could blend in with the previous JP lines. I'll probably get the pachy even just for the sake of having every JP pachy :P .

JP animals have always been slightly characterized, but I believe this line has done it far more than any other, this isn't necessarily a bad thing, and with a few of them (namely that mosasaur) I think it makes for an interesting caricature. The "giant" raptors are interesting, I personally don't mind the apparent lack of sickle claw since I'll most likely not use them as "raptors" anyway, but I can think of a few early theropods they might match. The "giant" also has me intrigued, I wonder if these will be large vinyl/soft plastic figures, if so I'll definitely have to get at least one of them.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Plush asst :

I don't mean to bash on everything Hasbro does I really don't....but re-packaging the Kota and Pals baby dinos exactly as they were and slapping a JW label on there is lazy.

..and I have no idea why there is a whale toy there.

stargatedalek

They could have at the very least recoloured the Kota & Pals toys. Although to be entirely honest the smaller range of K&P toys were always just partial resculpts of the Fur Real Friends smaller parrot (not the large parrot), but I still own most of them anyways. I don't mind that they reused the electronic and mechanical components then because they were using an entirely new sculpt on top of it (and because the old FRF weren't actually half bad, unlike the sad stuff currently coming out of that line). Hopefully these are still just for show and the final versions at least will come in new colours, but I doubt it since reusing like this really is Hasbro's thing.

Such a strange whale it is too, what with it having a fishes tail. I wonder what Hasbro could possibly have intended that thing to resemble...

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: stargatedalek on February 14, 2015, 07:29:15 PM
They could have at the very least recoloured the Kota & Pals toys. Although to be entirely honest the smaller range of K&P toys were always just partial resculpts of the Fur Real Friends smaller parrot (not the large parrot), but I still own most of them anyways. I don't mind that they reused the electronic and mechanical components then because they were using an entirely new sculpt on top of it (and because the old FRF weren't actually half bad, unlike the sad stuff currently coming out of that line). Hopefully these are still just for show and the final versions at least will come in new colours, but I doubt it since reusing like this really is Hasbro's thing.

Such a strange whale it is too, what with it having a fishes tail. I wonder what Hasbro could possibly have intended that thing to resemble...

They weren't terrible, but making no attempt to make them look like JP designs is what bugs me.

One person on JPToys said the "whale" was supposed to be the mosasaur.
Lord I hope not..do they even know what a mosasaur is? ( hasbro exec " yeah sort of a big dino-fish thing." )

stargatedalek

I'd say it probably is meant to be the mosasaur, four flippers and a tail fluke, but that's where the resemblance ends :P

Blade-of-the-Moon

That's wrong even for Hasbro. The others look SD style but you can at least tell what they are.

stargatedalek

Is it putting to much faith in humanity to hope these are dog toys? :P

Actually, given the lack of hard eyes they would probably be good for the role...

Blade-of-the-Moon

Probably. :/

more pics:

Looks like the larger Raptor toys are still missing their sickle claws..and they built the gate doors upside down.

stargatedalek

When I was little I used to do that with my gate doors sometimes and get confused. I'm curious as to what the new gate is, I'm assuming it will be something plot related. Depending on the price tag I might pick up that set and get some additional fence pieces. To bad that they didn't have the "giants" next to another piece to give us a size comparison.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: stargatedalek on February 14, 2015, 09:21:34 PM
When I was little I used to do that with my gate doors sometimes and get confused. I'm curious as to what the new gate is, I'm assuming it will be something plot related. Depending on the price tag I might pick up that set and get some additional fence pieces. To bad that they didn't have the "giants" next to another piece to give us a size comparison.

I admit to that myself. Though if you look at the box art for the set they have upside down there as well..lol

It was said the giant figures are around 12", to me that isn't so large really..unless they meant height.

Better I-Rex pic

stargatedalek

Man the indominus really is my favorite out of this line I must say. This is only speculation at this point but I assume its action feature will be similar to the CE paradeinonychus based on the soft neck.

12" isn't particularly large I have to agree.

Those smaller dinosaurs keep reminding me of Hexbugs.

Shadowknight1

I have to wonder which JP scientist was looking at the genetic template for I-rex and said, "You know what this guy needs?  Opposable thumbs to grab things with!"
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

SpartanSquat

Good news people: Stegoceratops wont appear in the movie, it was made by Hasbro for fun.
http://instagram.com/p/zGCJ-kNAtH/
The lego sets are more legit to believe key scenes.
http://www.jplegacy.org/board/showpost.php?p=959779&postcount=27

Blade-of-the-Moon

Shadowknight1

No matter how much they try to make the hand puppets and dino claws sound fun, they still look silly!  Alsos...light up battle damage???  Why is that a good thing?!

I do kinda like the big rex and I-rex, but probably won't get them.

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

stargatedalek

I'm actually pleased with the light features, (and yes that was just a tad awkward to admit :P ). They look really naturalistic for the colour changing of the indominus, and even the light-up wounds don't look bad, it looks almost like a bleeding effect.

Shadowknight1

Quote from: stargatedalek on February 15, 2015, 04:50:04 PM
I'm actually pleased with the light features, (and yes that was just a tad awkward to admit :P ). They look really naturalistic for the colour changing of the indominus, and even the light-up wounds don't look bad, it looks almost like a bleeding effect.
lol, if I cut open an animal and it bled glowing orange, I'd kiss my butt goodbye cause the thing is probably radioactive.

stargatedalek

Lol, yah its not very real looking, but I think it looks fine in the "art style" of the line.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: