News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Jurassic World (Hasbro) - new for 2015

Started by EmperorDinobot, January 15, 2015, 05:22:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinomike

Hahaha! That parody is hilarious! And super well made!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

pylraster

Well. Really disappointing. :/ But I guess I'll display them along with my Marvel Universe figures. As some generic dinosaurs from Savage Land.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: CityRaptor on February 15, 2015, 11:22:28 PM
Interestingly enough, something like that is mentioned here:
http://news.toyark.com/2015/02/14/jurassic-world-toys-hasbro-toy-fair-2015-151695

QuoteAccording to the JP fan sites reporting at ToyFair, only the blue raptor has sickle claws. The other 3 don't. Pratt's raptor's have been genetically toned down by Dr. Wu so they can be tamed and used in wrangling escaped dinosaurs (Indominous Rex). This is how it will be in the movie (the trailers may still show them all with sickle claws). The toys are not incorrect. Only the prototypes had sickle claws because during that time, Hasbro did not yet know the tamed raptors would lack them.

So even though fans may be bummed about the lack of sickle claws, there is a reason for it in the actual film. Pretty much any dino-to-real world scientific errors in the Jurassic Park films are chalked up to genetic tampering (no feathers, large raptors, tiny acid-spitting frilled dilophosaurses, pterranodons with teeth). Even this new film's big theme IS genetic tampering gone wild. The villain dino is the result of such meddling. That's what makes Jurassic Park so great as a fictional story. Anytime they get something scientifically wrong, they just blame the geneticists.

Not sure how legit it is.

Quote from: reinier zwanink on February 15, 2015, 07:41:18 PM
Maybe a silly question
But no sauropodes?
What do all the theropodes need to eat then?

The JP Toyline has always been bad with Sauropods. When they release them, it is usually as small figures and hatchlings. There is also an Electronic Brachio released for JPIII and the Amargospinus for Chaos Effect.

Turns out that isn't true at all, well at least there is no evidence for it as of yet. The guy posting that was unknown and it wasn't really official news.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I'm still seeing many fans on the dino/JP forums complaining about the lack of human figures.

If it helps explain anything I found these two comments on another forum, not specifically JP or Dinosaur oriented :

QuoteBut do they show the Dino's!!!! That's all we care about not puny people. Lol

Dino's are the only thing I care for. I know for a fact there will be stupid people involved in the story..Dino's are everything, all else is crap

It would seem JP fan collectors are in the minority...I can't see kids crying over the lack of human figures when they probably have other human toys they can cram in the dino's mouth.  That said I did like having cast figures I could put in vehicles and re-enact scenes..but that doesn't happen really anymore. Kids will just watch the scene replayed on youtube via their phones. :/

suspsy

I never bought any of the human figures back in the day.

The one time I did buy them was because they were in two-packs with the small Triceratops and the injured Velociraptor. And I promptly gave them away.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Blade-of-the-Moon

To me the dinosaurs were the stars but the cool thing about JP was humans and dinosaurs thrown into the mix together..vehicles and all that made great play time for me. I thought the " capture gear" element was the greatest idea since sliced bread...now your toys could show the dinosaurs breaking free and attacking..just epic for a 10 yr old.

triceratops83

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 19, 2015, 11:53:17 PM
but that doesn't happen really anymore. Kids will just watch the scene replayed on youtube via their phones. :/

In another couple generations, kids will not have enough imagination to "play". They will only know how to navigate computer games. Obviously people were not paying any attention to Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - they're all gonna turn out like Mike Teevee.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: triceratops83 on February 20, 2015, 04:05:36 AM
but that doesn't happen really anymore. Kids will just watch the scene replayed on youtube via their phones. :/

In another couple generations, kids will not have enough imagination to "play". They will only know how to navigate computer games. Obviously people were not paying any attention to Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - they're all gonna turn out like Mike Teevee.
I partially agree, but computers can be stimulating if they're used in the correct way.  The internet is a great resource.

The thing I love about computers is that usually they do everything they're told, unlike humans. It's not like they have a mind of their own or anything. If one has problems with them, it's usually the person who is inputting the data who is at fault.

triceratops83

Quote from: tyrantqueen on February 20, 2015, 04:10:48 AM
I partially agree, but computers can be stimulating if they're used in the correct way.  The internet is a great resource.
The thing I love about computers is that usually they do everything they're told, unlike humans. It's not like they have a mind of their own or anything. If one has problems with them, it's usually the person who is inputting the data who is at fault.

I just think that a computer limits ones' imagination - sit a kid down in front of one and they can only operate within the boundaries of that technology. Put them outside in nature and the possibilities are limitless. Ugh, I sound like a public service announcement.

And yes I do agree that the internet is a great tool for learning. I just don't think it should be the only way. It seems to me that even learning can be lazy these days.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: triceratops83 on February 20, 2015, 04:19:04 AM

I just think that a computer limits ones' imagination - sit a kid down in front of one and they can only operate within the boundaries of that technology. Put them outside in nature and the possibilities are limitless. Ugh, I sound like a public service announcement.

And yes I do agree that the internet is a great tool for learning. I just don't think it should be the only way.
Yup, like everything in life, moderation is key 8)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: triceratops83 on February 20, 2015, 04:05:36 AM

We must have different computers..mine is constantly doing things I don't want it to do and ending up on the verge of me smashing in it's face/screen. lol

Too many people used TVs as a babysitter before, now we're using computers/video game systems for the same thing. That leads to addiction, a need to be on all the time because it's "more important" to do something there than in their actual lives. It effectively makes people into machines.

I have found that my ability to remember things has gone downhill severely in the past few years...basically since we owned a computer.  I've heard the same thing from others. We're doing so much multi-tasking there is nothing but now. Computers, cellphones, tablets, video games all are part of it.  We don't need to remember or even think when we have access to another "brain" that can do it for us..aka the internet.

Teaching kids by sitting in a school room has really become outdated. The only good thing about it is it forces them to focus if they aren't allowed distractions. But that only works til they are bored. You need active teachers that get kids (college on down) to actually do things so they can form memories of doing it.  Public schools can't afford to do much, but private schools can..which is why kids in private schools do better in my opinion. We need to really re-think and revolutionize the way we teach. 

They are teaching kids in elementary school now stuff we didn't learn until we were in high school..that's around 15 years ago for me.  Kid aren't being allowed to be kids either.  We're following Asian school systems that are much more rigorous. We're starting to take away more and more of their summer break so kids can go all year long so they " retain" more.  No long summers..that will really decrease play opportunities.  If kids today were told they going to spend an entire afternoon by the creek, no phones, no computers, no video games..they would either be bored and miserable or actually throw a fit. I've seen it happen.

Sorry for the long rant, it's a hot topic issue of mine.  One reason I built this Park here, so kids of all incomes and ages could do something interesting outside in the open air.

tyrantqueen

QuoteWe must have different computers..mine is constantly doing things I don't want it to do and ending up on the verge of me smashing in it's face/screen. lol
I guess we must because mine behaves itself very well >:D But I did build mine completely from scratch, so I know the ins and outs of it pretty well.

triceratops83

QuoteWe must have different computers..mine is constantly doing things I don't want it to do and ending up on the verge of me smashing in it's face/screen. lol

LOL!

I dislike that smug look people get when they google the answer to a question on their smart phone. And I mean the same people who can be convinced that elephants are maneaters, sea cucumbers are cucumbers that have been flushed down the toilet and that guinea pigs released into the wild become wild boars. I'm not kidding either.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: tyrantqueen on February 20, 2015, 05:34:19 AM
I guess we must because mine behaves itself very well >:D But I did build mine completely from scratch, so I know the ins and outs of it pretty well.

Ah so it's your own creation..that helps considerably I'm sure!  Mine is full of factory added junk I never use but I'm afraid to delete as it might affect the computer adversely...of course my fist through it's monitor would do the same..  >:D

Quote from: triceratops83 on February 20, 2015, 06:24:57 AM

LOL!

I dislike that smug look people get when they google the answer to a question on their smart phone. And I mean the same people who can be convinced that elephants are maneaters, sea cucumbers are cucumbers that have been flushed down the toilet and that guinea pigs released into the wild become wild boars. I'm not kidding either.

Unfortunately I'm all too aware. If it's on Wikipedia, someone's blog, youtube, heck the entire internet..it's not opinion..it's a known fact.  ;)

Meso-Cenozoic

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 20, 2015, 06:43:16 AM

Ah so it's your own creation..that helps considerably I'm sure!  Mine is full of factory added junk I never use but I'm afraid to delete as it might affect the computer adversely...of course my fist through it's monitor would do the same..  >:D

LOL!

Unfortunately I'm all too aware. If it's on Wikipedia, someone's blog, youtube, heck the entire internet..it's not opinion..it's a known fact.  ;)

All computers will eventually have problems of their own too. They were conceived and produced by man. Man is flawed, therefore computers will never be perfect. ;)  But at the same time, I am very impressed that you built your computer from scratch, TQ!

And about researching on the net, I always have to be careful from what source I quote. I end up using more info about dinos and such from here than anywhere else because I know most articles posted on here will be dissected to death before reaching a conclusion. LOL!

CityRaptor

Personally I don't care about human figures. All of the ones I have I got because they were packed with Dinosaurs/Pterosaurs/other prehistoric creatures.
Besides, humans and horses are probably the most often replicated animals ever. And if the Toyfair coverage is any indication, there are now even Hybrids between them....
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

tyrantqueen

QuoteAll computers will eventually have problems of their own too. They were conceived and produced by man. Man is flawed, therefore computers will never be perfect. ;)  But at the same time, I am very impressed that you built your computer from scratch, TQ!
Thanks. If/when this one kicks the bucket I intend to build my next one too. It was really fun and rewarding.

QuoteI dislike that smug look people get when they google the answer to a question on their smart phone. And I mean the same people who can be convinced that elephants are maneaters, sea cucumbers are cucumbers that have been flushed down the toilet and that guinea pigs released into the wild become wild boars. I'm not kidding either.
Society is in worse shape that I thought ???

triceratops83

Quote from: tyrantqueen on February 20, 2015, 08:17:32 AM
Society is in worse shape that I thought ???

These are people at my workplace, in their late teens and twenties. Not a good sign.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on February 20, 2015, 06:55:53 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 20, 2015, 06:43:16 AM

LOL!

All computers will eventually have problems of their own too. They were conceived and produced by man. Man is flawed, therefore computers will never be perfect. ;)  But at the same time, I am very impressed that you built your computer from scratch, TQ!

And about researching on the net, I always have to be careful from what source I quote. I end up using more info about dinos and such from here than anywhere else because I know most articles posted on here will be dissected to death before reaching a conclusion. LOL!

Keeps you on your toes doesn't it?  ;D lol

Honestly due to this very fact is one reason I come here to get opinions and info.

Quote from: CityRaptor on February 20, 2015, 07:28:32 AM
Personally I don't care about human figures. All of the ones I have I got because they were packed with Dinosaurs/Pterosaurs/other prehistoric creatures.
Besides, humans and horses are probably the most often replicated animals ever. And if the Toyfair coverage is any indication, there are now even Hybrids between them....

Oh there have been Centaurs around for quite awhile...

CityRaptor

Not centaurs...they are apparently called Equestria Girls.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: