News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

I done painted something

Started by tyrantqueen, April 19, 2012, 01:28:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

I have begun to paint the Tamiya Chasmosaurus model.

This is basically a WIP because the paintwork will probably be tweaked and neatened up later on, and colours on the frill are unfinished. I'm also going to dark wash it a little more, and add some lighter colours because it's looking too orangey ATM. I am unhappy with the horns, they should probably be a bit darker, so those are going to be redone.

I'm basing the colour scheme on the CM Studio's Chasmosaurus

The rest of the body is coming soon! Also, this thread will also be used for my other custom paintjobs, which I plan in future.

mmfrankford

Looks nice so far. Look forward to seeing the whole body.  :)

brontodocus

Looks good, tyrantqueen! :) And I have no problems with the light colour of the horns. Hehe, it's funny to see that the colour patches on the frill exactly follow the circular arrangement of scales - I guess there's no choice, I tried to avoid it when I painted my Chasmosaurus but I ended up just the same! ;D Oh, and in case you also have the Parasaurolophus, Tyrannosaurus, and Triceratops: Did you know that you can make one large diorama base out of the ones that came with these four when you glue them together (with some putty needed, of course)? ;)

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

ITewan

im a lil tired and a lil hungry

Himmapaan

It's looking lovely so far! Looking forward to more.  :D

Takama

I am Envious of such skill. wonderfull work you got there

Blade-of-the-Moon

Looks really cool so far..reminds me of the Dino-Riders Chasmo a bit. :)

tyrantqueen

Thanks for all the kind comments!  ^-^
Oh, and in case you also have the Parasaurolophus, Tyrannosaurus, and Triceratops: Did you know that you can make one large diorama base out of the ones that came with these four when you glue them together (with some putty needed, of course)
I know, but probably won't assemble the diorama because I don't have the space for it (I'm not really keen on bases either)  :)
Can I see your Chasmosaurus?

tyrantqueen

I have been working on something new lately. Here's a little teaser XD The Invicta Lambeosaurus >:D

Here it is in a coat of primer. I added it because of the waxy nature of the plastic. Primer will give the acrylic something to grab onto.

Watch this space :D

ihatefeathers144

radman

tyrantqueen

darylj

Takama

Mary had a little LAMBeosaurus (made that up because of its white color)

ZoPteryx

Can't wait to see that Lambeosaurus finished! :)

tyrantqueen

Thanks everybody.

QuoteMary had a little LAMBeosaurus (made that up because of its white color)
*pelts with tomatoes*  >:D ;D

tyrantqueen

Here's something I painted recently. It's not dinosaur related though.

They are Shapeways prints by BAROBA. You might recognise the bunny as the Shapeways "mascot" (of sorts), Bowie. The material is WSF polished.

RockyMountainRex

I like them!  Very clean work by the way; the eyes have a nice looking shine in the photo, did you use a gloss over the paint by chance?  Keep up the good work and keep having fun!   :)
Rawr!

Blade-of-the-Moon

tyrantqueen

Thanks :) And yes, I used glossy varnish for the eyes, and matt for the rest of the body.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: