News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Walking with Dinosaurs: Prehistoric Planet 3D

Started by Yutyrannus, January 31, 2015, 10:36:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yutyrannus

http://www.bbcearth.com/prehistoricplanet/

This is what I've been waiting for ever since WWD 3D was first announced, finally the movie the way it should've been ;D.

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

CityRaptor

So is this like a director's cut of WWD3D or am I understanding that wrong. Also seems like Edmontonia is now properly identified and the Gorgosaurus in the movie has been reclassified as Nanuqsaurus. Guess that means if one owns a Gorgon figure ( I own the blindbag versions),  it is actually a Nanuqsaurus instead of Gorgosaurus figure...
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Albertosaurus

So it is basically the movie without the dumb voices and narrated by Benedict, right? that sounds good to me. I only hope that they add some more footage.

Yutyrannus

Yes, it seems to be a director's cut (and without the stupid voiceovers too) and it will be narrated by Benedict Cumberbatch. It's already playing in several museums as well :).

tyrantqueen

I don't really get what the big deal is with Benedict Cucumber. I saw him in Star Trek Into Darkness and I don't see what all the fuss is about.

CityRaptor

Good thing that he likely won't have to say Penguins
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GnLDJAgrws

Quote from: Yutyrannus on January 31, 2015, 10:51:45 PM
Yes, it seems to be a director's cut (and without the stupid voiceovers too)

Sweet!
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Balaur

Cumberbatch is well known for his role as Sherlock Holmes in Sherlock, and as Smaug in the Hobbit films.

Oh, the penguins....  ;D "Pengling."

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Balaur on January 31, 2015, 10:57:20 PM
Cumberbatch is well known for his role as Sherlock Holmes in Sherlock, and as Smaug in the Hobbit films.

Oh, the penguins....  ;D "Pengling."
I know but I'm still not impressed. I prefer Jeremy Brett as Sherlock Holmes.

Takama

Part of me is Mad for spending extra $$$ for the Deluxe edition of the original movie just for the Cretaceous cut, and now we get this. The other part of me hopes it will be released in America ( I will be mad, if they dont)

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Takama on January 31, 2015, 11:06:45 PM
Part of me is Mad for spending extra $$$ for the Deluxe edition of the original movie just for the Cretaceous cut, and now we get this. The other part of me hopes it will be released in America ( I will be mad, if they dont)
Same here, this has to be released on DVD.

How about this: sell the deluxe edition of the original movie and then use that money to be this new version. :)

Blade-of-the-Moon

dvd and blu-rays aren't worth much for resale value unfortunately.   I to have the deluxe with CC version.  If this version adds more footage I'll consider getting it..otherwise it's just a different narration.

Cammy

Oops, I just posted about this in another thread without realising this one existed, sorry! I would still want to buy this again for the better cut, especially if it's on 3D Blu-ray.

Yutyrannus

I just saw this and it really is very cool! I'm glad to finally be able to see a proper version of this film :).

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.