News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

That's too bad.

I guess he must have asked the admin/moderator to remove his account (or he got banned), because (afaik) there is no way to delete it yourself.

PaleoMatt

Yea, he was a nice guy. Quite Unfortunate :(

Dobber

Quote from: tyrantqueen on March 12, 2016, 02:34:52 AM
That's too bad.

I guess he must have asked the admin/moderator to remove his account (or he got banned), because (afaik) there is no way to delete it yourself.

Yeah, all the edits appear to have been done by Charlie as well, not by admin.  :-\ hope all is well with him and wish him well.

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Sim

Quote from: Dobber on March 12, 2016, 10:42:16 AM
That's too bad.

Yeah, all the edits appear to have been done by Charlie as well, not by admin.  :-\ hope all is well with him and wish him well.

Chris

As Dobber mentioned, all the removal of content from the posts seems to be by "[deleted user]", not a moderator.  It looks like the person on that account changed the username to [deleted user] and replaced all content from the posts with [deleted content].  They even went to the trouble of changing the subject line of the posts to [deleted reply].

MLMjp

Quote from: Sim on March 12, 2016, 02:13:51 PM
Quote from: Dobber on March 12, 2016, 10:42:16 AM
That's too bad.

Chris

As Dobber mentioned, all the removal of content from the posts seems to be by "[deleted user]", not a moderator.  It looks like the person on that account changed the username to [deleted user] and replaced all content from the posts with [deleted content].  They even went to the trouble of changing the subject line of the posts to [deleted reply].

Why go through that long process to change very single post? Why he couldĀ“t just left the forum and never posting again? ??? Is like he didn't wanted us to remember him  :(

CityRaptor

I hope that is not because we disagreed with him regarding the colors of Papo Dinosaurs.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

suspsy

We all have our own personal reasons for doing things that make little or no sense to others. I recall there was one chap who deleted all his DTB reviews before leaving without warning or explanation.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

tyrantqueen

I think that was Tomhet, right? It was on the V1 forum, where there was a massive falling out.

It's a shame Charlie P decided to leave. I didn't have a problem with anything he wrote. But everyone is free to go their own ways.

suspsy

Was there a massive falling out? I don't recall that, but then I only ever occasionally peeked at the V1 forums back in the day.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

tyrantqueen

Quote from: suspsy on March 12, 2016, 09:22:29 PM
Was there a massive falling out? I don't recall that, but then I only ever occasionally peeked at the V1 forums back in the day.

Yeah, a few members were banned and a lots of posts got deleted. Can't say any more than that because I wasn't involved.

Viking Spawn

Viking Spawn

Sim

There are threads for those figures, although they haven't been moved to the Rebor section of the forum yet.  Same with the Rebor Yutyrannus thread.

Baby Triceratops: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=2907.0

"Velociraptor" triplets: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3626.0

Yutyrannus: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=2553.0

Takama

Ok  I made a comment replying to someone from this forum who loves there products, correcting them on something that i thought was harmless on Rebors page.

Of course one of there more Rabid Fanboys had to come in and call me a troll when i know im right.

The Issue is that The forum member(i will not say who he is, unless he gives the ok) said that Rebors Dinosaur are paleoart, however I read an article that clearly distinguishes Paleoart from Generic Dinosaur art, and i say what does and does not constitute Paleoart,.   

I meant no harm, and of course i get attacked by a Rabid Fanboy who called me a troll.   I simply replied "You Calling me a Liar?"

Thing is i cant seem to remember what article it was that stated the difference between the two art forms.   Does anyone have an idea of who wrote it? or know of a different source i can use to show the same differences?  Or should i save my energy and ignore this rabid creature.

Halichoeres

I'm not sure what the value is in picking fights.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Halichoeres on March 14, 2016, 04:02:33 AM
I'm not sure what the value is in picking fights.

Exactly.

Takama your comments will likely just inflame the issue, it's tempting to reply but I would just let it go.  If you do decide to keep at it, it would be most appreciated if it stayed there, we don't need to stir things up here is all. :)

Takama

Ok i will just ignore the issue.       

Kovu

Its the internet bro, no use starting arguments 'cause neither one of ya'll is gonna win. They won't convince you and you won't convince them, so yeah, ignore it and life becomes so much more peaceful  ;)

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Takama on March 14, 2016, 02:57:03 AM
Ok  I made a comment replying to someone from this forum who loves there products, correcting them on something that i thought was harmless on Rebors page.

Of course one of there more Rabid Fanboys had to come in and call me a troll when i know im right.

The Issue is that The forum member(i will not say who he is, unless he gives the ok) said that Rebors Dinosaur are paleoart, however I read an article that clearly distinguishes Paleoart from Generic Dinosaur art, and i say what does and does not constitute Paleoart,.   

I meant no harm, and of course i get attacked by a Rabid Fanboy who called me a troll.   I simply replied "You Calling me a Liar?"

Thing is i cant seem to remember what article it was that stated the difference between the two art forms.   Does anyone have an idea of who wrote it? or know of a different source i can use to show the same differences?  Or should i save my energy and ignore this rabid creature.

Just ignore them. The only way to defeat a troll is to not engage them. They thrive off of attention.

CityRaptor

I think staying away from their facebook page is generally a good idea. Seems to be a rather poisonous place.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: