News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Rebor Club Selection: Velociraptor Triplets "Lock, Stock and Barrel"

Started by joossa, July 19, 2015, 08:08:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joossa

Rebor Velociraptor Triplets "Lock, Stock and Barrel"
Rebor Club Selection, 1000 Worldwide Limited Edition
Scale: No Scale
Tease Date: 04/25/15
Black and White Image Release Date: 05/22/15
Official Color Images Released on: 06/05/15
Estimated Date Product Available for Purchase: August, 2015

This thread is for specific discussion on Rebor's Velociraptor Triplets "Lock, Stock and Barrel". Below are Rebor's statements on this product and product images from their FaceBook page and from this forum.

Quotes:

05/22/15:
QuoteNew babies in the house! REBOR Velociraptor Triplets Statue, two boys and one girl, awesomebro style, haters gonna hate ;)
Got to love the marble effect (we have to try this, remember that statue in the actors credits of Avengers Age of Ultron? Oh yeah) , but stay tuned because colour images will be revealed next week!

06/05/15:
QuoteREBOR Club Selection: The Velociraptor Triplets Lock, Stock and Barrel. We know fans and collectors can't wait to see colour photos of these cuddly little raptors, however we still haven't finished the official photos yet, so here is a quick preview without photoshoped background or any sort of image editing besides simply adding text to the photo, what you see is what you get. Official photos will be released very soon so get ready for cuteness overload! :)

QuoteSize comparison time! If you own Jolly then you know what to expect for the raptor hatchlings, to be more specific, Jolly and his base weight 880 grams, the Velociraptor Triplets and their base weight 1300 grams. :)

06/09/15:
QuoteVelociraptor Triplets: Lock, Stock, and Barrel Statue 1000 Worldwide Limited Edition, pre-order is up! Fans and collectors time to reserve one of them from your favourite stores before they are sold out! :)

06/10/15:
QuoteWe admit that REBOR King T-rex and Velociraptor hatchlings are inspired by designs in Jurassic Park, just paying homage to the classic movies in our own way, our Yutyrannus, Utahraptor, Ceratosaurus, Acrocanthosaurus, Triceratops are all designed by ourselves with artist licenses, and we will keep designing dinosaurs with unique appearances, not to mention they all have their own nicknames and background stories, consider they are fictional characters, whenever people mention REBOR Utahraptor and Ceratosaurus, we hope they can call them "Wind Hunter" and "Savage", after all they do have their own names :)

06/11/15:
QuoteBecause we have both fans who love movie monster style dinosaurs and fans who prefer scientific accurate animals, it's our responsibility to satisfy both groups, that's why we have accurate Ceratosaurs and Acrocanthosaurus (yes we know the feet are a bit oversized, we have no choice but to make him in this way otherwise it won't stand considering the size and weight of the figure and the remains of Tenontosaurus that goes in his mouth) and movie influenced raptor hatchlings, please understand :)

06/13/15:
QuoteAs for the velociraptor hatchlings, they are just movie monsters, don't take they too seriously, we know they are absolutely inaccurate, but come on, these old school style little guys will make some collectors happy :)

Tease Image (04/25/15):

Black and White Image: (05/22/15):

Color Image Without Photoshopped Background (06/05/15):

Comparison Photo with Jolly (06/05/15):

Single Color Images (06/05/15):

-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

tanystropheus

Arul

Thank you joossa  :) The price is must be more expensive than Jolly..

Shadowknight1

Quote from: ARUL on July 20, 2015, 12:05:44 AM
Thank you joossa  :) The price is must be more expensive than Jolly..
Slightly.  Big Bad Toy Store has the triplets at $79.99.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Viking Spawn

I like these much better than "Jolly."   Be neat to place them under a lamp to simulate an incubator display. 

Shadowknight1

Viking Spawn

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on August 11, 2015, 11:41:10 PM
I just got an email from BBTS that these are expected soon!

Alright!!!  I'll order this along with Jolly.  No word on Acro?

Shadowknight1

Quote from: Viking Spawn on August 12, 2015, 05:08:06 AM

No, but I ordered him from Dan's Dinosaurs since BBTS listed Herc as coming in September lol

joossa

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on August 12, 2015, 05:23:09 AM
Quote from: Viking Spawn on August 12, 2015, 05:08:06 AM

No, but I ordered him from Dan's Dinosaurs since BBTS listed Herc as coming in September lol

Make sure you post pictures when you get them! :)

Dan's Dinos had the August ETA for the Acro long before BBTS listed the Acro. BBTS listed the Acro when the color images were released, so I'm assuming BBTS's ETA is more accurate. I know Rebor said we can expect him in August, but with the Raptor triplets delayed, it might also happen to the Acro. In other words, I feel we can expect the Acro available across most vendors in September and not this month. Just my guess.
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

tanystropheus

The Triplets look even more impressive than their previous effort, Jolly.
They look very organic, like they stepped out of a dinosaur movie.
Excellent value for the price.

tanystropheus

Quote from: Viking Spawn on July 21, 2015, 01:23:08 PM
I like these much better than "Jolly."   Be neat to place them under a lamp to simulate an incubator display.

That might make for a very cool display  :)

Arul

Quote from: tanystropheus on August 13, 2015, 03:19:22 AM
Quote from: Viking Spawn on July 21, 2015, 01:23:08 PM

Hey i have the same idea  :)) that will be very cool

Everything_Dinosaur

The Rebor Club Selection Velociraptor Triplets (Lock, Stock and Barrel) have cleared customs and are scheduled to arrive at the Everything Dinosaur website, tomorrow (14th August).  If all goes to plan this item along with the Theropod and Sauropod nests will be available online shortly after the containers arrive.

For further information email: [email protected]

Shadowknight1

My raptor-lings have shipped!  Gonna be hard pressed to find a spot for them though lol.

Arul

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on August 18, 2015, 02:57:49 AM
My raptor-lings have shipped!  Gonna be hard pressed to find a spot for them though lol.

very cool, please post the photo to the forum after you got it i hope they arrived soon and safely :)

Nebuloid

Just ordered mine ! Wasn't sure abouth this one, but suddenly I had some money laying around so...  8)

Arul

Quote from: Nebuloid on August 18, 2015, 03:12:42 PM
Just ordered mine ! Wasn't sure abouth this one, but suddenly I had some money laying around so...  8)

Lol, good for you i need that "sudden help" too  :P

Arul

Everything dinosaur has made a review on youtube for this model, the model looks so alive and in the video maybe all scientific issues of this model is answered, thats what i love from ED  :)

Hathaway

I received mine today. Very happy with it. Though "Barrel" seems to have one eye looking back and the other forward. Is this supposed to be? It looks a bit off, wondering if it's a factory error or if it's supposed to be that way. Can anyone else comment?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: