You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Entering the field, we are REBOR! 1:35 scale Yutyrannus Huali museum class model

Started by REBOR_STUDIO, August 28, 2014, 11:09:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

REBOR_STUDIO

To all the forum members, collectors and dinosaur fans, hereby we are introducing ourselves to the public: We are REBOR, a UK brand who designs and manufactures museum class dinosaur replicas, the name of our company "REBOR" came from the word "reborn", which shows our ambition of making world leading class dinosaurs models that make you believe they will actually come back to lives!

Here we present you our very first product, REBOR 1:35 scale Yutyrannus Huali museum class model.

Yutyrannus Huali(meaning "beautiful feathered tyrant"), also known as YREX, is a genus of tyrannosauroid dinosaurs which contains a single species, Yutyrannus huali. This species lived during the early Cretaceous period in what is now northeastern China. YREX were gigantic bipedal predators, the holotype and oldest-known specimen, which was found in the rock beds of Liaoning Province, China, has a length of 9 metres and an estimated weight of about 1,414 kg, they are currently the largest known Carnivorous dinosaur specimens that preserve direct evidence of feathers. The feathers of YREX were used to prevent body temperature losing in the Subarctic area rather than flying.

The model were sculpted by our brilliant professional sculptors and painted with realistic colour scheme by our artists, the outstanding details truly make it a museum class dinosaur model which suitable for both Children and adult collectors. The lower jaw is movable so the mouth can be opened and closed.

A diorama base came along with the model, you can mount the model on the base so that it becomes a statue and a wonderful display piece. A collectible card of YREX's information is also included.

The dinosaur with the case is weighted as 750g, the case is made of A-A quality cardboard with sponge inside to protect the model.

The model is a 1:35 scale replica of Yutyrannus based on the result of the latest research, the model is made of CE standard top quality PVC, the base is made of polystone, solid and heavy. The straight line length of the dinosaur measured as 26.7cm and the height is measured as 8.6cm, the height of the base is 3cm. the latest industrial technique was applied to build the dinosaur into one piece, hence no seam to ruin the details of the model. with world leading sculpting, latest manufacturing technique and realistic painting, we considered our products are one of the best dinosaur models in the world.

A 360 degree viewing of the model.

Our product line will expand with more than 5 new museum class dinosaur models to be released each year, but that's not our limited, we will also release our lines of prehistoric and extinct animal model in the future. Since our company has just entered the field, we are looking for retailers who are interested in our products, so if you would like to join us or want to know more about us and our products, please contact us via email [email protected] or send us an private message.

We also have an instagram page, the user name is REBOR_STUDIO, please follow us if you want to know more :))

Thanks for watching and wish you all have a very lovey day!

Takama

Nice to see you here :).    Your Y Rex is amazing.   is there any other Dinosaurs you wish to show us?

DinoLord

Very nice model; bit sparsely feathered for my tastes though.

How much are these going to cost roughly?

Takama

I knew some would criticize that it doesn't have enough feathers.   But I still think its a great piece. it looks like something Papo would make, only its more accurate.

I hope its in the $14-$30 range

DinoLord

I agree with you on that point; the scale detail is certainly excellent. I'd love to see them do some sauropods

Takama

Yutyrannus

It is much too sparsely feathered but still definitely something I'm planning on getting. How much will it be?

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Simon

Reminds me of that Japanese Master Trex (whatever they call it).

I'm not impressed at all.   Looks like Papo without the personality [that WAS meant to be sarcastic]

The pose is too stiff, the head seems to be lacking in detail, teeth are cartoonishly large, there are not enough feathers and worst of all is the HORRID dark paint job.  (Hint - feathers look better in brighter colors).

You fellas goofed BIG TIME.

The time to make your announcement here would have been BEFORE you finished your piece.  You know, getting suggestions that would have avoided reviews like, umm ... this one...

Gwangi

Very Papo like but yes, the feathers are way too sparse. I almost didn't see them at all!

Yutyrannus

I don't have any problem with the colors, but the feathering is very poor, in fact as far as I know the actual fossil shows more feathers. So Rebor Studio, for future reference, be a lot more generous with feathering. Remember, most dinosaurs probably looked like big flightless birds, no need to try to make them look scary (Ultimatedinoking, don't even think about started your whole "no feathers on big theropods" argument on here, you're just wasting everyone's time).

Takama

Quote from: Yutyrannus on August 29, 2014, 12:41:25 AM
I don't have any problem with the colors, but the feathering is very poor, in fact as far as I know the actual fossil shows more feathers. So Rebor Studio, for future reference, be a lot more generous with feathering. Remember, most dinosaurs probably looked like big flightless birds, no need to try to make them look scary (Ultimatedinoking, don't even think about started your whole "no feathers on big theropods" argument on here, you're just wasting everyone's time).

Yes I want this thread to be civil for the newcomer

Pachyrhinosaurus

Well said Simon. The feathers look like an afterthought. With the pose and articulated jaw, it is very Papo-like. If it had feathers and colors like the Safari one, it would certainly look much better.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on August 29, 2014, 12:43:54 AM
I agree with Simon. The feathers look like an afterthought. With the pose and articulated jaw, it is very Papo-like. If it had feathers and colors like the Safari one, it would certainly look much better.
Hopefully either Safari or Battat make one.

Simon

Well said Simon. The feathers look like an afterthought. With the pose and articulated jaw, it is very Papo-like. If it had feathers and colors like the Safari one, it would certainly look much better.

Safari made a Yutyrannus???!!!??? 

I'll just pop this in as its more what I visualize Yutyrannis to look like:

Gwangi

Quote from: Simon on August 29, 2014, 12:48:59 AM

I'll just pop this in as its more what I visualize Yutyrannis to look like:

Safari did not make one, unless he knows something we don't!

Pachyrhinosaurus

:o Sorry. I meant dilong! I could imagine Safari making one though.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Manatee

Quote from: DinoLord on August 29, 2014, 12:00:54 AM
Very nice model; bit sparsely feathered for my tastes though.

How much are these going to cost roughly?

Much too sparsely feathered. Y. huali fossils show a more extensive plumage.

Gwangi

Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on August 29, 2014, 12:57:11 AM

:o Sorry. I meant dilong! I could imagine Safari making one though.

I really wouldn't mind if every company came out with a Yutyrannus this year.

EDIT: It's really not terrible, it has its good qualities. A good first attempt really, especially if you recall the first attempts of many other companies. If it had more feathers it would be a decent enough model depending on the price range but the lack of feathers really bothers me. Every reconstruction I've seen of this animal covers it with feathers, as they should. This almost looks more like an Allosaurus or something.

Simon

postsaurischian

I feel a bit upset by the way a newcomer is treated here C:-)!!

This first figure in a new line isn't that bad and I think it could be a promising line (please make a Guanlong ;D!).
Why not giving them a chance? Why slaughtering something that hasn't even fully developed?
The increasing contentiousness and unfriendliness starts to keep me away from the DTF, which I would seriously deplore :-X.

By the way - speaking of Yutyrannus - Aaron Doyle's figure has "feathers" and still seems to be underrated (at least I haven't seen anybody here posting something about it, although everybody is talking about the species) - here's the copperized version:

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: