News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR Club Selection: "Jolly" the hatchling triceratops!

Started by REBOR_STUDIO, December 24, 2014, 03:34:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

REBOR_STUDIO

Dear fans and collectors, come and meet "Jolly" the hatchling triceratops! Born in this joyful season, the little fellow is so curious to see this big new world, everything is strange yet interesting to him. It certainly took him lots of efforts to break through those hard eggshells to move his upper body outside, and now he is a little bit tired. He yawns, stretches his tiny arms and blinks those big black eyes, then he sees you and wonders: could this be my Mommy?

Awwww~ isn't this little thing so adorable? Well then what are you waiting for? Just take him home already!

Jolly the hatchling triceratops is the very first product of the REBOR Club Selection line, it's a statue made of the finest polystone material, solid and heavy, all those eggshell pieces in the picture are fixed hence won't fall off; the egg is removable from the display base so that you will be able to hold this little guy in your hands and take a good look at him. A tiny Santa hat comes along with the statue, it can be easily put on his head and will always make you remember the wonderful Christmas of year 2014.

REBOR Club Selection line is something that you have never seen before, the best part that makes this line so special is that every product is so different from each other, you will never know what is coming next! However one thing you can know for sure is that all products from this line are carefully planned and will always bring your surprises!

REBOR Club Selection: Jolly the hatchling triceratops statue 1000 Worldwide Limited Edition
Material: Polystone
Product Size: 16cm by 12cm
Weight: 800g
Release date: 1st quarter 2015

And of course we won't forget our 1:35 scale museum class dinosaurs line! Here we have prepared a tease image of the upcoming product which will be announced very soon, which dinosaur do you think this is? Take a wild guess!

Those giant Behemoths that shake the vast grounds, those fearful Leviathans that dwell beneath the roaring oceans, those brave pioneers that explore the primal skies and those proud conquerors that rule the wild lands will soon walk among us with their ancient glories. 2015, we have so much to offer.

We hope Jolly will bring some Christmas spirits to all fans and collectors, and we would like to take this opportunity to wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Takama

Obviously that's a Utah Raptor. now do you plan on feathering it properly? 

SpittersForEver

The triceratops is so cute, I hope the Utah Raptor is fluffy.

Megalosaurus

This is a nice surprice, I mean the Jolly.
Sure I'll try to get the Hatchling.
To date I really apreciate this company. So Thank you REBOR.
And please, expand to synapsids and prehistoric mammals.

Now, about the other figure: The dromeasaurid (whatever it is) is not in my interest list. I prefer scally dinosaurs over feathered ones when there is no DIRECT evidence in the fossils of the specific species (I will not disccus that in this thread, I'm just saying why I'm not exited by this upcoming one). And even for those that love feathered dinos, by the picture you can say that feathers don't start in the middle finger, but in the wrist as many other figures that are criticized for that.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Paleogene Pals

AWWWW, Jolly is so cute! I am seriously tempted on this one. Besides the SS T-rex that I am considering will need someone to "play" with.  >:D

postsaurischian

DinoLord

The Utahraptor is feathered incorrectly as is to be expected but I'm sure it'll be a cool-looking model. The baby Triceratops looks quite good; I'll pick one up if the price is right.

Dinomike

Jolly is a cute overload! I'm eagerly looking forward to seeing your new figures!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Tyrant Lizard Queen

LMAO from some dinosaur "experts" here who talk about some minor innacuracies (some dont even know what they are talking about), instead of appreaciating that there's finally a company who makes accurate, insanely detailed museum quality replicas that are not ridiculiously overpriced as SS. And yes, I myself own 3 SS fugures.

On topic - baby trice looks so cute and detailed. However Im more interested in your new 1:35 scale replica. Can't wait see how it looks.

JohannesB

That Utahraptor (that's my wild guess ;-) ) might well be a very nice model. We'll see ... :-)

Everything_Dinosaur

Everything Dinosaur will be stocking "Jolly" in early 2015.  Just wish that this dinosaur was named "Bella" in honour of John Bell Hatcher, it just seemed to us a good idea to honour the man accredited with many of the first Triceratops fossil discoveries, particularly cranial material.

ignite444

Quote from: Everything_Dinosaur on December 24, 2014, 05:34:44 PM
Everything Dinosaur will be stocking "Jolly" in early 2015.  Just wish that this dinosaur was named "Bella" in honour of John Bell Hatcher, it just seemed to us a good idea to honour the man accredited with many of the first Triceratops fossil discoveries, particularly cranial material.

Oh that would have been an amazing name!

I can't wait for both models, especially Jolly! :D
My Latest Review: Rebor King T-Rex

JohannesB

Quote from: Everything_Dinosaur on December 24, 2014, 05:34:44 PM

Hear, hear.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Just rename it. :) lol

I actually might pick up the baby Trike , not a bad sculpt and should be on the cheaper end of pricing given the size.

Now the Utahraptor..I'll wait and see..but yeah lot's inaccuracies already given the silhouette. Doesn't appear to be based on the newest discoveries.

Pachyrhinosaurus

I'll probably pick up the trike depending on price; glad to see a non-theropod. As for the utahraptor, I can see the feathering probably won't be to the extent of the current consensus of the animal, particularly since it is lacking primaries. I'm happy it is feathered, though. Is there anywhere other than Everything Dinosaur to buy these? I haven't ordered any yet and I would rather order from the states to lessen shipping costs. I can't help but think of the sideshow euoplocephalus after seeing this piece.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Takama

Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on December 24, 2014, 06:39:58 PM
I'll probably pick up the trike depending on price; glad to see a non-theropod. As for the utahraptor, I can see the feathering probably won't be to the extent of the current consensus of the animal, particularly since it is lacking primaries. I'm happy it is feathered, though. Is there anywhere other than Everything Dinosaur to buy these? I haven't ordered any yet and I would rather order from the states to lessen shipping costs. I can't help but think of the sideshow euoplocephalus after seeing this piece.

Dans Dinosaurs is stocking rebors now

Gwangi

Quote from: Tyrant Lizard Queen on December 24, 2014, 05:22:33 PM
LMAO from some dinosaur "experts" here who talk about some minor innacuracies (some dont even know what they are talking about), instead of appreaciating that there's finally a company who makes accurate, insanely detailed museum quality replicas that are not ridiculiously overpriced as SS. And yes, I myself own 3 SS fugures.

A bit of a contradiction there don't ya think? An inaccurate model that is accurate? And don't be so quick to dismiss the combined knowledge base of this forum, there are a lot of people here who really know their stuff! And so what if people take notice of the model's flaws? It gives them something to discuss. Anyway, your tone here is a bit on the defensive side. I see no reason why you should attempt an argument when there isn't one, that's all I'm gonna say about that.

I quite like the Triceratops hatchling. It might actually be my favorite from REBOR so far! I'm intrigued by the Utahraptor but we'll just have to wait and see. I too notice the lack of feathering down the middle finger but I won't completely dismiss the model until I see it. That is a mistake frequently made by these companies.

Takama

My wonder is if they did not bother to fully feather the yutyrannus(a dinosaur with good evidence that shows it had a full covering) what are the chances of them fully feathering this one.

Tyrant Lizard Queen

Quote from: Gwangi on December 24, 2014, 09:31:11 PM

A bit of a contradiction there don't ya think? An inaccurate model that is accurate?
No. No contradiction here. So far this is the only company atm who makes absolutely stunning museum quality replicas, that is not SS. That being said, there are ppl (including you) who talk how they might "dismiss" certain model because of some minor innacuracies. They completely ignore the fact that those sculpts are insanely detailed and look like gorgeus recreation of a real animal. Im not even talking about the fair price in comparison to SS.
Now if people bitch about such things on such beautiful replicas - how about they go and buy some cheap, mediacore detailed toys from safari or any other company who simply can't compete with Rebor when it comes to detail / sculpting. It makes me go lol when seeing how some ppl accuse companies by nitpicking bs details that wouldn't even change the overall look of the dinosaur. If you don't like or if you are poor - you simply don't buy. It's not a rocket science.

Arul

Yeahhhhh i vote for you REBOR, sorry its club or cub ?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: