News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tanystropheus

REBOR is doing a remarkable job with the carnivores, but I have a feeling that they will truly shine (and impress the heck out of naysayers) when they begin launching their herbivore maquettes...the issue with herbivores (e.g. hadrosaurs, saropods) is that they almost require a mildly dynamic posture...a riveting elegance coupled with a sense of flow in the tails and napes...also, looking forward to the Y-rex 'winter' variant  :)

Takama

If they plan on being on the market for a while, i hope they give us more then one Sauropod Ornithopod, and Ceratopsian species (and not just the common ones like Triceratops, Brachiosaurus, Apatoesaurus, and Parasaurolophus), and  I hope don't constantly remake every model like  Schleich. really, the only models that need other sculpts are there Yutyrannus (which im glad they decided to remake with feathers) and there Tyrannosaurus (Which has the head of a JP Monster)

Shadowknight1

I'm really loving what they're showing of Acrocanthosaurus.  He looks fantastic so far, though the complete animal and colors will be necessary to tell for sure how great he is.

One thing I'm both looking forward to and dreading is seeing their takes on Allosaurus and Dilophosaurus to see how different they'll be from the Papo-saurs.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Takama

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on March 27, 2015, 12:05:03 AM
I'm really loving what they're showing of Acrocanthosaurus.  He looks fantastic so far, though the complete animal and colors will be necessary to tell for sure how great he is.

One thing I'm both looking forward to and dreading is seeing their takes on Allosaurus and Dilophosaurus to see how different they'll be from the Papo-saurs.

Are those Confirmed Models, or Assumptions

Shadowknight1

Quote from: Takama on March 27, 2015, 12:10:31 AM
Quote from: Shadowknight1 on March 27, 2015, 12:05:03 AM

Are those Confirmed Models, or Assumptions
Assumptions, but I think reasonable assumptions.

joossa

Aside from their FB page, does Rebor have an official page that lists their dino figures and their release dates? Or is there a list somewhere?

...trying to find release dates for the Ceratosaurus and the Acro.
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Shadowknight1

These are simply guesses on my part, but I would expect Ceratosaurus to release sometime in early summer, perhaps May or June.  Acrocanthosaurus's teaser image was originally scheduled for May, so I would expect that one in the fall.

Dinomike

Quote from: tanystropheus on March 26, 2015, 10:13:13 PM
REBOR is doing a remarkable job with the carnivores, but I have a feeling that they will truly shine (and impress the heck out of naysayers) when they begin launching their herbivore maquettes...the issue with herbivores (e.g. hadrosaurs, saropods) is that they almost require a mildly dynamic posture...a riveting elegance coupled with a sense of flow in the tails and napes...also, looking forward to the Y-rex 'winter' variant  :)

Wow! Will there actually be a winter variant?
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Takama

Rebor said themselves that there will be. 

postsaurischian

Quote from: Takama on March 27, 2015, 07:47:28 PM
Rebor said themselves that there will be.

It will be interesting to see if anyone will buy the summer version anymore, once the fully feathered Yutyrannus is released ;D.
I will probably sell the old version then.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Dinomike on March 27, 2015, 07:25:36 PM
Quote from: tanystropheus on March 26, 2015, 10:13:13 PM

Wow! Will there actually be a winter variant?

It is good news that a new improved version of Yutyrannus of Rebor is released.

Moreover and wish that message came to Rebor would like the pose of the dinosaurs were bipedal. I do not like at all the figures tyrannosaurus and utahraptor, and yes, I do not like the dinosaur pieces come with the utahraptor.

We'll see what the future holds and if it is true the information you provide about Dinomike herbivorous dinosaurs in general is always welcome a new competitive company after the sad defection of other endearing companies.

Shadowknight1

Personally Shonisaurus, I think the poses for T. rex and Utahraptor are a nice change of pace.  But Utahraptor needs stronger support for that position and T. rex...well, it needs a more interesting base than a rock.

Also, today they showed a blank slot to get that crap out of the way and part of the head, namely the teeth of the upper jaw and all of the lower jaw.  This Acro has some nice flesh-cutting teeth.  Very impressed with what I've seen so far.

Arul

Interesting :) i hope they not do the same think to reveal the color of this acro  :))

Takama

Mouth added (BTW someone was doing this, and i stated doing this myself.)

Arul

Wahh i thought the headsculp will gonna be the last part from this puzzle  :D

Pachyrhinosaurus

This could be my first Rebor- its looking okay so far, certainly better than the previous ones.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Albertosaurus

So far I am not interested. I see nothing special about the sculpt. Looks rather boring. I hope to change my mind when I see it in color and with the base.

Dinoguy2

Quote from: Albertosaurus on March 28, 2015, 03:02:05 PM

So far I am not interested. I see nothing special about the sculpt. Looks rather boring. I hope to change my mind when I see it in color and with the base.

I hate to say it but, yeah, all big "carnosaur" type theropods basically look the same with different bells and whistles. So once you are familiar with a sculptor/company's style, there isn't much left to get excited about. Hopefully we see some non-theropods from these guys soon.
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

Simon

Mr. Fats Waller has an interesting take on this Acrocanthosaurus sculpture - is he right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=in1eK3x1PBI

Shadowknight1

I'm actually surprised that they uploaded one today.  I expected them to take the weekend off and fill up next week with updates.  I'm okay with this though!  Sorry that you think it looks boring Albertosaurus, frankly I couldn't be more excited.  I like that it isn't taking too many liberties(so far) with accuracy by making it spikier and more JP-ified than it needs to be.  Granted, that may change a little with the headsculpt, but at least the spine looks like a spine rather than a buzz-saw blade like I've seen some small figurines of Acro do.  They've correctly given its first finger the largest claw, though I personally can't speak to whether the arm is correctly positioned for the animal or not.  Also, it might just be a trick of the lighting, but even in greyscale, the thumb claw seems to be a different color than the middle and third claws.  Unlike another Acrocanthosaurus coming out this year, REBOR's has the high spine starting at the back of the skull and going down the neck, all the way over the back and to the base of the tail, and the small scutes topping the spines are a nice touch.  What I can see of the head looks promising, lots of sharp teeth, nothing really to complain about.  The teeth seem finer than on the Ceratosaurus, which I rather appreciate.  And another thing I like is that they haven't given it an emaciated appearance, meaning we can't really see the ribs poking through.  Can't say much about the half of the foot, might be too big.  But honestly, the color scheme is what will "make or break" Acrocanthosaurus.  And from what I've seen from them so far, REBOR will likely give us an interesting color scheme.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: