News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowknight1

Honestly, while it is a JP inspired rex, I honestly like the pose a great deal more than either Papo rexes.  And unlike the King T-Rex, this doesn't require purchasing a second figurine to have a decent stand.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

tanystropheus

Quote from: Archosauria on April 11, 2018, 07:01:17 PM
Quote from: Dyscrasia on April 11, 2018, 11:46:56 AM
So this has been posted in Rebor's facebook page.

Honestly, I think we have more than enough JP inspired T. rex figures out there, but this does seem to go nicely as a companion piece with the first T. rex by Rebor.
I don't like the arms. They look too long and stringy. Kinda like fettuccine alfredo noodles.
They personally offend me.

It's probably because it is still in the 3D printing phase. It shouldn't look like that in the final design.

For some reason, this model looks somewhere between JP and anatomically accurate (similar to that one Sideshow T-rex with the angry brows).

pylraster

Waiting for the inevitable aliexpress bootleg... and yes I'm not sorry for that. :)

Flaffy

Quote from: pylraster on April 13, 2018, 10:57:03 AM
Waiting for the inevitable aliexpress bootleg... and yes I'm not sorry for that. :)
But is it possible to bootleg a bootleg though  O:-) (looking at you noodle armed JP rex)

Shonisaurus

The truth is Rebor's tyrannosaurus rex is very well done at first glance, seeing the project. I think as some forum member has commented that it is a tyrannosaurus rex made in 3 D printer.

It is much more detailed at first glance than his Papo counterpart, we will see when he is released. I hope that one day Rebor will commercialize some of his projected figures. At least one of his three ankylosaurus. This wait is being very long.

Since the marketing at the end of last year of the velociraptor Gunn and Rose

mgaguilar

Quote from: Dyscrasia on April 11, 2018, 11:46:56 AM
So this has been posted in Rebor's facebook page.

To be honest, I'm really excited for this one. It's supposed to have two different colors, based on the Lost World Rexes.
Man, I need to learn their sculpting techniques for Z-Brush. Sick textures.

Syndicate Bias

Im getting this and fheir v rex. Greaf figures but i hate their overscaling. Oh well. Right now though their yuty is my priority

tanystropheus

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on April 14, 2018, 06:57:05 AM
Im getting this and fheir v rex. Greaf figures but i hate their overscaling. Oh well. Right now though their yuty is my priority

I thought for a sec that this model was their V-rex but updated. Hmmm....they have like 30 pending models!

Shonisaurus

Quote from: tanystropheus on April 14, 2018, 09:49:01 AM
Quote from: Syndicate Bias on April 14, 2018, 06:57:05 AM

I thought for a sec that this model was their V-rex but updated. Hmmm....they have like 30 pending models!

I hope that if Rebor decides to market his products he does not think of marketing the thirty models together. I would have to prioritize between which model I would buy and which one I would not. I am not a millionaire and even less a billionaire and I think that even in those two cases, I would not be crazy enough to spend so much money for so many figures. It is even a sin metaphorically speaking to spend an excessive amount of money.

I like Rebor dinosaurs but you also have to look for your own heritage, even for your shelf space.

Dyscrasia

Just saw these at Rebor's facebook page

While I do like their 'awesomebro' Velociraptors, this Dilophosaurus is an easy pass for me.

Shonisaurus

The prototype is honestly very well.  8)

I guess they are expecting in general all companies like Rebor, including Papo, PNSO (in case they release new prehistoric animals), Mojo, Vitae and obviously Schleich (from this we know they will reveal their figures in July) to be released in the cinemas the Jurassic World movie "The Fallen Kingdom" in the sense of selling its products approximately at those dates and thus take advantage of the commercial pull of the film.

I think that is one of the reasons why, in the case of Rebor, the date of commercialization of his figures is still slowing down.

Reptilia

Can't wait to see the final painted product, this and "Killer Queen" are definitely on my list.

Ceratosaurus

I'm expecting a noticeable seam in the finished product where bendable tail meets up with the rest of the body. Similar to that of their Ankylosaurus "war pig".
My Prehistoric Figure Collection - https://www.flickr.com/photos/115416096@N07/albums

Shadowknight1

I hate this...I sincerely hate this.  Why is it that Dilophosaurus is so poorly represented?  Thanks Spielberg.  Thanks a lot.

Shonisaurus

So it seems Rebor's production is now announcing the unfinished prototype of the tyrannosaurus called "Killer Queen", I pass the facebook link:

https://www.facebook.com/reborstudio/photos/pcb.1538868732906796/1538868279573508/?type=3&theater

It is a figure very articulated by what can be seen.

Blade-of-the-Moon

People are already complaining the head is too large...in addition to the arms being so thin..

Syndicate Bias

Jose S.M.

I don't care much about Rebor for several reasons but I think that at this point they have already delimited their main target audience, and I'm sure said audience will be mostly pleased with the T-rex but some of the lines and wrinkles of the sculpt look very unnatural to me. The head is very nicely sculpted from what I can see.

Dyscrasia

Quote from: Shonisaurus on May 10, 2018, 04:45:54 PM
So it seems Rebor's production is now announcing the unfinished prototype of the tyrannosaurus called "Killer Queen", I pass the facebook link:

https://www.facebook.com/reborstudio/photos/pcb.1538868732906796/1538868279573508/?type=3&theater

It is a figure very articulated by what can be seen.

Thank you for sharing.

For those that don't want to bother accessing facebook, here are the pics.

Shadowknight1

It looks like a more stable and less monster-y version of Papo's running T-rex.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: